Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Source at the Pro Tour

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

The Source at the Pro Tour

So, I just won a PTQ. The first PTQ in Syracuse in well over a decade. Looks like I'm headed to Barcelona.

And, of course, we all witnessed the top 4 performance that Di put up at GP Indy, which Q's him for Barcelona as well.

While I may not be a presence on the boards much anymore, I want you guys to know that I owe a lot to this site, to the doors it opened for me, and all that the Legacy community has given.

I know lots of people win PTQs and make Pro Tours. This is my first. It's a big deal to me, and I think it's great that we'll have not one but 2 site admins representing us at that event.

Legacy community until the day I die. Love you guys.

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Re: The Source at the Pro Tour

I actually tried to hit "like" before realizing that I was not on Facebook. Grats, man.

And I agree. To be honest, this site is one of the few vents I have, since Erie has no Legacy meta and I have no other relevant shit to do with myself. So I guess I owe you and the other mods thanks for enabling my habit. Y'alls foster a good community around here.

/bro-huggery
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Grats, it's due. Now go whip ass in Spain.

I saw your tweets, that's pretty awesome. Millennium must've really gone downhill if they let Syracuse have a PTQ.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    I saw your tweets, that's pretty awesome. Millennium must've really gone downhill if they let Syracuse have a PTQ.
    Millennium always got the PTQs because they're a big store that wasn't in a death feud with Grey Matter. The Altered owner had a big fight with Grey Matter a looooong time ago, and they refused to do business together. Now that PTQs are on a store level, they don't need a PTO to run them, and we get them in Syracuse again.

As much as we complain about Play the Game, their store is really nice to have this kind of event in. 130+ people fit in the store very comfortably and the event went pretty smoothly.

EPIC Eater
    Feb 2005
    Syracuse, NY

Congratulations, Buddy! Wish I had been there.
    The Jim Abides.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Awesome and Congrats. Also, please write more articles.

Epic Library
    Nov 2004
    Syracuse New York

Congrats.
    Quote Scrumdogg @ Amrod's:
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

The EPIC Syndicate - Grindermen
    Team Disquailified Poster Duey Cheatem & Howe.

Old School
    Jan 2004
    Rotterdam, NY otherwise known as the 1.5 Capital

Congrads at the Q, it's about time you made it.
    Mythic Rogue Deck Builder
    Team Freshly Baked Crayons
    Team Albany

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Congrats Adam, best of luck.

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

Awesome job, guys! I hope you both do well!
    Rules Advisor

Congrats! Are you going to do a write-up about your win? It seems like everyone not already qed on CFB already did. If so, I look forward to reading it.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Sounds boss. Congrats mein.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher487 View Post
    Congrads at the Q, it's about time you made it.
    What he said.

Congratz, Adam. Kick some ass in Spain.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Kicker of Elves
    Jul 2008
    Kingston Ont. Canada

Huge Props, way to go! Now roll into Barcelona like a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Dredge is like a woman's period: Once a week every month, its fury engulfs everything, and then it hides for the rest of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
    Should rename this thread to [SCD] Misguided Rage.

Very weird seeing the tiebreaker thing blow up on Twitter. Social media is weird. Syracuse is weird.

Not printing tiebreakers is not a new or controversial thing, as little as a lot of players are apparently aware. DCIR even has a print option to omit tiebreakers. It sounds like the HJ may have handled the player reaction suboptimally, but it was basically standard practice at events for a period of time. IIRC SCG at least for a period of time did not provide tiebreakers at Opens for the final two rounds, I have no idea if/when they changed that. Most PTQs run by people who kept up with best practices at that time (back a couple years ago?) were run with no tiebreakers in the final rounds.

Upstate NY has long been way out of date when it comes to tournament operations because of the lack of real judges and PTOs. Play the Game especially has been stuck in the stone age of the early 00s forever.

Sounds like it's going to be made very clear that omitting tiebreakers is not to be done at WotC events, though.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Mantis Toboggan, M.D.
    Aug 2006
    Toronto, Canada

Congrats Adam! Cya there!

Props to you Adam on qualifying. Any ideas on what block deck you're going to run? Then again AVR has only 1 spoiled card so...who knows what will be good.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Oct 2010
    Ventura, CA

Congratulations! I just read the CFB article as well and as always really enjoyed the read. Your article last year on handling the cardboard crack addiction is by far my favorite piece of magic journalism I have read to date.

Well I guess this makes up for all this shit IBA talks about you. Congrats buddy I hope you take home the gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    baghdadbob, you're Team Scrubbad's spirit animal.

Thread Information