Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1373

Thread: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SIMMERING POT OF FECAL MATTER]

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Re: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SHITSUNAMI]

I wonder if theyre going to explore the exiled zone as a new resource any further? Maybe some kind of new wishes or reanimation?

To bad they changed the exiled/outside of game ruling, it would be hilarious if you could cast the bird out of the sideboard.

Food Chain combo: Never ever. If you want a bad combodeck with creaturs run Aluren.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    I wonder if theyre going to explore the exiled zone as a new resource any further? Maybe some kind of new wishes or reanimation?

To bad they changed the exiled/outside of game ruling, it would be hilarious if you could cast the bird out of the sideboard.

Food Chain combo: Never ever. If you want a bad combodeck with creaturs run Aluren.
    Perhaps, but the fact is people will try (and possibly fail) to make this work. I recall there being an Elves adaptation with Food Chain and this just gives it more potential. I think it's a good card to speculate on and think it will atleast go from 10$ to 20$/30$ just like defense of the heart, eladamri's call and Pattern of Rebirth.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Also combo nicely with Moorland Haunt

Jan 2006
    Boulder, CO

Misthollow Griffin seems fun to tutor up with:

I wish Manipulate Fate was an instant though.

Miracle mechanic is fucking stupid.

Also, that Owl plus Food Chain... lol. Can't even swords the owl to stop the combo.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Also combo nicely with Moorland Haunt
    Yeah and Thought Lash
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Mecum omnes plangite
    Aug 2009
    45°33'2"52 N, 09°20'41"28 E

If Misthollow Griffin dies you can also target it with Surgical Extraction to search your library for the remaining copies.
    0.05.14 [Digital Devil] <Digital Devil> Ach! Hans, run! It's the Tarmogoyf!
    0.05.17 [Hans (GER)] <Hans (GER)> ...
    0.05.20 [<System>] <System> Player Lost

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Devil View Post
    If Misthollow Griffin dies you can also target it with Surgical Extraction to search your library for the remaining copies.
    lol... Exile Hawks

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

I think Mistfollow Griffin had no reason to be that aggressively costed unless WotC really intends tournament players to play it.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    I think Mistfollow Griffin had no reason to be that aggressively costed unless WotC really intends tournament players to play it.
    What casting cost did it have when you submitted it?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Nov 2011
    San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Hahahaha. It's too bad for my table that I was drinking when I read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Also, Burn, eat a dick sandwich. I got this for my Thopters board, just so I had an answer worth more than their deck, even if it was pimped out a bit.
    Gegengewicht, Weissagekreisel - Du bist dran.

Oh this is pure gold! I bet the CMC was 6 instead of 4. WotC is being edgy.

On a more serious note, what are some other cards we can abuse the owl with?

Kicker of Elves
    Jul 2008
    Kingston Ont. Canada

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    I think 2 is reasonable for a 3/3 with that ability. Standard control decks get a way to keep putting pressure on and I cannot think of a Legacy deck that cannot handle this creature either through destroy effects, burn or counter.

As previously mentioned this may be the first properly designed "cool" card spoiled so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Dredge is like a woman's period: Once a week every month, its fury engulfs everything, and then it hides for the rest of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
    Should rename this thread to [SCD] Misguided Rage.

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

People have been designing that card in "You Make The Card" threads since Swords to Plowshares was in type 2. If it hadn't seen print before is probably more due to an exercise of self-restraining from part of the designers than any other explanation.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

Nov 2011
    San Francisco

It's likely too slow and mana intensive, but Selective Memory turns your griffins into Squadron Hawks with no hand size limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Also, Burn, eat a dick sandwich. I got this for my Thopters board, just so I had an answer worth more than their deck, even if it was pimped out a bit.
    Gegengewicht, Weissagekreisel - Du bist dran.

Oh this is pure gold! I bet the CMC was 6 instead of 4. WotC is being edgy.

The Plunge into Darkness-type tutors and Doomsday should work pretty well.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

This is an interesting conversation. I want to interject that there are plenty of cool ways to get copies into exile. While that is certainly the more entertaining part to think about, the real challenge is to figure out how to make a 4 mana creature that does not win the game playable. My guess is that it is not worth the effort of design space.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Kich867 View Post
    ^ This.

This is why I don't understand a lot of complaints about magic these days. People cry about powercreep but, shit, if the card isn't insanely broken it's the worst fucking thing on Earth. You do it to yourselves. Do I need to recap on the dozens people who legit said that R for 4 damage was mediocre at best? Or that a 1 mana 4/3 was just barely legacy playable?

Can you imagine if every card was this well designed and not just gross powercreep? Good cards that have subtle synergy with the decks they belong in, that fix and solve problems in an interesting way without being just horribly overpowered.

I would shit bricks if they went back to designing cards like this more often, but they don't, they just cram as much bullshit into each new set as they can because they think it's going to make each successive set feel that much more epic. But what they don't realize is that what made awesome, recognizable cards in the first place was their scarcity in a sea of mediocrity. And not that mediocrity is bad, but there was a point when cards were chosen because they were good, not because they were broken.
    Agree. The Owl is clearly "just cool", if every card in the set went instantly broken there'd be no point in playing Legacy at all, we'd rotate as often as Standard, and based on what I've seen out of most Legacy players, they kind of prefer it when the format doesn't take a hard turn to the left and everyone needs to buy new staples. Imagine that.

No, the owl is just cool. I mean really just undeniably cool. I'm not sure why it's relevant that turn 4 Jace is a better play; Exile Owl is a means to negate the inherent card disadvantage of Force and other "exile a card" spells, and just because one *could* cast it immediately on turn 4 doesn't imply that it must be cast on turn 4. Instead of describing bad plays with new cards, maybe we might envision best possible plays with those cards instead. The Food Chain combo's been mentioned already, there's probably several more that we haven't touched on yet.

I admit that I'm not the best deck builder in the world, but a Food Chain list I came up with that took use of the Griffin got usually kills on turn 4 or 5 if I ran both FoW and Misdirection as protection and about a turn earlier if I didn't run protection at all. And that pretty much sucks for a combo deck.

Keep in mind while building Griffin Chain combo decks that the Griffin is a perfect fine pitch for Chrome Mox ;)

Thread Information