Thread: DelverTop

Re: DelverTop

Drop a clique, a top, as well as devastation tide because it doesn't seem very useful.

Spell Snare isn't that fantastic right now and might be better as pierces.

And then you're at 60.

I have been playing a similar list with great success.

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Counterbalance
    4 Mana Leak
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Phantasmal Image
    4 Counterspell
    1 Echoing Truth
    2 Vendilion Clique
    4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Force of Will
    4 Wasteland
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Tolaria West
    1 Academy Ruins
    9 Island

Sideboard:
    3 Force Spike
    2 Disrupt
    3 Daze
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Back to Basics*
    2 Energy Flux*
    3 Mindbreak Trap

* Feel free to exchange

Quote Originally Posted by phyrex1 View Post
    I have been playing a similar list with great success.

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Counterbalance
    4 Mana Leak
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Phantasmal Image
    4 Counterspell
    1 Echoing Truth
    2 Vendilion Clique
    4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Force of Will
    4 Wasteland
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Tolaria West
    1 Academy Ruins
    9 Island

Sideboard:
    3 Force Spike
    2 Disrupt
    3 Daze
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Back to Basics*
    2 Energy Flux*
    3 Mindbreak Trap

* Feel free to exchange
    Sweet! How is phantasmal image working out? Do you think it is better than phyrexian metamorph?

Also, how is the 1 top 1 CB working? How often do you get them in?

I've actually been working on something similar that runs more of an old-school Goblins mana base, i.e. Wasteland and Rishadan Port. With that, you can keep the opponent low on mana, therefore keeping CB relevant even in matches where it might normally be avoidable.

It's also a lot harder on the tempo, with Stifle/Spell Pierce + Snapcaster Mage and Delver. It works kind of like RUG with less hefty beaters, no burn, more counters, and a more stable mana base.

Quote Originally Posted by HPB_Eggo View Post
    I've actually been working on something similar that runs more of an old-school Goblins mana base, i.e. Wasteland and Rishadan Port. With that, you can keep the opponent low on mana, therefore keeping CB relevant even in matches where it might normally be avoidable.

It's also a lot harder on the tempo, with Stifle/Spell Pierce + Snapcaster Mage and Delver. It works kind of like RUG with less hefty beaters, no burn, more counters, and a more stable mana base.
    I think keeping as many islands as possible is important with all the blue symbols around. Back to basics should give em more than enough trouble getting around CB.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

-1 Jace -3 B2B -2 Shackles + 4 STP +2 Terminus would improve that list tremendously imo.
    It's different deck then, but a stronger one..

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    -1 Jace -3 B2B -2 Shackles + 4 STP +2 Terminus would improve that list tremendously imo.
    It's different deck then, but a stronger one..
    I'm totally in love with mono legacy =p. That's why I love b2b.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by k2thej View Post
    I'm totally in love with mono legacy =p. That's why I love b2b.
    Danger of cool things: check.

Phantasmal Image has either been amazing or uncastable. And uncastable isn't necessarily bad, either. I mean, if I can't copy anything, I'm usually not facing much in the way of pressure. It's only been awkward so far against Man Lands, Planeswalkers, and crappy tokens. (ie, Elspeth and her +3/+3 ability)

Image answers Gaddock, Thalia, Thrun and others, pairs well with Snapcaster and a flipped Delver. Image is cheap at two mana, so even trading 1:1 with any given legendary creature you are breaking no worse than even.

Countertop happens often enough to warrant a singleton of the combo pieces. I have roughly ten shufflers and plenty of dig, so I get it more often than I would normally expect. Even a "blind" Counterbalance is strong with a full compliment of Brainstorms, Jaces, Fetches, and some math.

Counterbalance is a bit awkward with Delver, being that it is an Enchantment, but it also pairs really well. If I flip on Counterbalance, I know whether or not my Delver will flip, and I can adjust my plays accordingly.

Reasonably, I can see running more Counterbalances and fewer Images, but Image tends to be pretty phenomenal.

Cards I would consider....

an Intuition package
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Academy Ruins (I cut mine and an Island for the full a compliment of Fetches)
    2-3 Utility artifacts (I'm even considering Serrated Arrows)
    a way to reliably produce any color of mana (maybe one Mox Diamond to fetch with West) to activate Image abilities (ie, Grim Lavamancer!)

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoy MUC, and this Delver deck is a blast to play.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrex1 View Post
    Phantasmal Image has either been amazing or uncastable. And uncastable isn't necessarily bad, either. I mean, if I can't copy anything, I'm usually not facing much in the way of pressure. It's only been awkward so far against Man Lands, Planeswalkers, and crappy tokens. (ie, Elspeth and her +3/+3 ability)

Image answers Gaddock, Thalia, Thrun and others, pairs well with Snapcaster and a flipped Delver. Image is cheap at two mana, so even trading 1:1 with any given legendary creature you are breaking no worse than even.

Countertop happens often enough to warrant a singleton of the combo pieces. I have roughly ten shufflers and plenty of dig, so I get it more often than I would normally expect. Even a "blind" Counterbalance is strong with a full compliment of Brainstorms, Jaces, Fetches, and some math.

Counterbalance is a bit awkward with Delver, being that it is an Enchantment, but it also pairs really well. If I flip on Counterbalance, I know whether or not my Delver will flip, and I can adjust my plays accordingly.

Reasonably, I can see running more Counterbalances and fewer Images, but Image tends to be pretty phenomenal.

Cards I would consider....

an Intuition package
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Academy Ruins (I cut mine and an Island for the full a compliment of Fetches)
    2-3 Utility artifacts (I'm even considering Serrated Arrows)
    a way to reliably produce any color of mana (maybe one Mox Diamond to fetch with West) to activate Image abilities (ie, Grim Lavamancer!)

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoy MUC, and this Delver deck is a blast to play.
    Again, though, why not phyrexian metamorph instead of image?

Thread Information