Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elfsphere

Re: Elfsphere

Ya amulet of vigor isn't too relevant cause your mana primarily comes from the elves anyway. By the time it is effective you don't really need your lands anymore.

@Trax: I LOVE hermit, but It didn't work incredibly well since it's dead early game. Do the spheres affect the echo cost??? Hermit also combos really well with poacher, since you get him for 3 mana!

Quote Originally Posted by k2thej View Post
    Ya amulet of vigor isn't too relevant cause your mana primarily comes from the elves anyway. By the time it is effective you don't really need your lands anymore.

@Trax: I LOVE hermit, but It didn't work incredibly well since it's dead early game. Do the spheres affect the echo cost??? Hermit also combos really well with poacher, since you get him for 3 mana!
    Sorry, but I'm not sure. Though I wouldn't think echo costs get taxed.

A tip I've learned from testing- If you have to decide to play a tax card or an elf, you almost always want to play the tax first. It'll buy you plenty of time to play the elf.

Also, always play sphere/thorn before orb/maze whenever you can.

After browsing through the rules now, I'm pretty positive your echo cost remains the same unless something actually says it effects the echo cost. Like that goblin from Time Spiral block.

You aren't "recasting" the creature, it's echo is a triggered ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    4 Priest
    4 Archdruids

and no Staff of Domination? sounds just wrong
    im tested staff of domination,,,,very good because tap of creaute opponent.exellent in midlle game...

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonbonifaciojr View Post
    im tested staff of domination,,,,very good because tap of creaute opponent.exellent in midlle game...
    If you have the mana to cast staff you should be casting regal force or ezuri's ability instead. We don't need any of the loops it can provide really, they seem like win mores for this deck.

you are right but how can you not like a card (any card) that makes you win 100% when drawn?

4 Priest
    4 Archdruids
    4 Sun Zenith

means that you 100% every game have a "Priest-effect" online.

when you draw a Staff, that's 100% win or a must counter threath

it might be win more, or just win if drawn in bad times...

alternative WC are important imho. definitly worth 2-3x

Hey there, i just found this thread and it happens that i'm playing a deck very similar to this one.

I'm using tangle wire and winter orb as the lock effect. To negate the effect on my side i chose to play quirion ranger, aether vial and undiscovered paradise. Since there is many artifact lock pieces in the deck i've chosen a pretty heratic and somewhat weird kill condition. Ezuri's brigade. I may be treaten like a fool in this very forum, but let me tell you: this guy is bonkers in this deck, he's always 8/8 trample, always.

Here the list

artifacts:
    4x winter orb
    4x tangle wire
    4x aether vial
    4x myr superion
    2x phyrexian revoker
    2x cursed scroll

creatures:
    4x quirion ranger
    4x llanowar elves
    4x fyndhorn elves
    4x strangleroot geist
    4x ezuri's brigade

lands:
    3x undiscovered paradise
    4x tree of tales
    2x rishadan port
    1x gaea's cradle
    10x forest
    There is no knowledge that it not power.

ELFSPHERE
    lands:
    8 forest
    4 rishadan port
    2 Gaea's Cradle
    1 dryad arbor
    1 eye of ugin

Taxes:
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Root maze
    3 Winter Orb

Rest:
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Elvish Archdruid
    3 quirion ranger
    1wirewood symbiote
    1 Omnath, Locus de Mana
    2 emrakul
    2 ulamog
    2 kozilek

im tested eldrazi in deck,..

all those Eldrazis just don't make any sense... put 4x Living Wish, and build a WishBoard..

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    all those Eldrazis just don't make any sense... put 4x Living Wish, and build a WishBoard..
    Ya you gotta remember that even though this is elves mana is super tight. Make sure the focus of the deck is choking them first and foremost, and then playing juuuust enough beef to win.

New list!!! It's at 63 right now so I want to cut it to 60 before I update the primer (or my excuse for a primer, that is).

Lands:
    2 dryad arbor
    15 forest

Creatures:
    2 arbor elf
    3 elvish archdruid
    4 elvish spirit guide
    1 ezuri, renegade leader
    4 fyndhorn elves
    4 llanowar elves
    4 myr superion
    1 phyrexian metamorph
    4 priest of titania

Tutor:
    4 green sun's zenith

Tax:
    4 root maze
    4 sphere of resistance
    4 thorn of amethyst
    3 winter orb

It's running so well. Beating the hell out of everything in testing (ESPECIALLY DELVER!!!). Myr superion is so good, I think he finally found a home! Like I said, it's at 63, so suggestions on cuts are welcome, but it's reeeal tight right now even at 63.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

I saw your other thread regarding Sphere of Resistance + Myr Superion.

With the additional cost having to come from creatures, you may want to consider going -1 Arbor Elf, +1 Fyndhorn Elf to increase the number of creatures you have that can produce mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    I saw your other thread regarding Sphere of Resistance + Myr Superion.

With the additional cost having to come from creatures, you may want to consider going -1 Arbor Elf, +1 Fyndhorn Elf to increase the number of creatures you have that can produce mana?
    ya that's a good point. Usually arbor elf untaps dryad arbor anyway, since she's almost always on the field, but just in case I think that's a good call.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by k2thej View Post
    ya that's a good point. Usually arbor elf untaps dryad arbor anyway, since she's almost always on the field, but just in case I think that's a good call.
    Really? I would think that usually you'd save your GSZ for an elf instead of the Arbors?

Also, do you ever run into any problems with things like Forked Bolt giving you a bad day?

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    Really? I would think that usually you'd save your GSZ for an elf instead of the Arbors?

Also, do you ever run into any problems with things like Forked Bolt giving you a bad day?
    Well it depends, but usually I either green sun for arbor or I see one of her. The goal with this deck is to get the tax effects out ASAP!!!, so GSZ for dryad arbor often times helps a lot. One extra mana available makes all the difference in the world.

Forked bolt sucks when it gets cast, but if you know you are playing a deck with burn spells then you can wait untill your tax stuff is online before you play your elves.

plus, T1 root maze against delver=Win. It WRECKS fetches and they never want to play daze once it's out. Spirit guide is a great daze defence but sometimes they force it. Either way, it's a one-drop must counter for them.

my list atual:

ELFSPHERE
    lands:

6 forest
    4 rishadan port
    2 Gaea's Cradle
    3 wastedland
    1 dryad arbor

Taxes:
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Root maze
    3 Winter Orb

Rest:
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Elvish Archdruid
    4 Elvish Sprit guide

KILL:
    4x natural order
    1x progenitus
    1x terrastodon
    1x realm razer (im testing.....but is deck enginer..)

opnions...

att

Just came up with a very different list than what I was playing-and it's testing a lot better:

lands
    17 Forest

creatures:
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Myr Superion
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Tarmogoyf

Tax:
    4 Root Maze
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Winter Orb

I think I'm just pushing this towards my other N&D deck Golden Age, and this is probably just a worse version of the same idea at this point.

Thread Information