Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
I made it for Cpt_Qc. It was a fun dono league b/c if PunishingWaterfalls went worse than 3-2 he would get a bonus.

A huge problem on mtgo (i.e. fake legacy) is that you have to play trash like Retrofitter when Currency Converter is the Scroll Rack you should be running (one copy is 4 copies with Saga). It was a fun league, which had a shot of being a 4-1. The round 2 opponent deterministically loses g2 if Cosmic is used correctly with Wasteland, which would lead to a game 3...where a Pact-donating deck has an exceedingly poor matchup against a deck that can easily hit color reqs to pay with 5x Lotus Field (1x actual, 3x Saga, and 1x Map).

26 Land:
5x Plains
5x Snow Plains
4x Flagstones
3x Wasteland
3x Saga
1x Lotus Field
1x Karakas
1x Heliods
1x Castle Ardenvale
1x Plateau
1x Mesa

8 Dudes:
4x Timeless
4x Soli'dude

3 PW:
3x Karn

2 Enchant:
1x Humility
1x Land Tax

6x Artifact:
1x Lodestone Bauble
1x Zuran Orb
1x Expedition Map
1x Relic
1x Scroll Rack
1x Currency Converter (in real legacy, so swapped to bad card Retrofitter)

15 Spells:
2x Plow
3x March
2x Cataclysm
2x B Wish
2x Cosmic Intervention
2x E Tutor
1x Restore Balance
1x Sevinne's

singleton SB:
Overmaster
From the Ashes
Cataclysm
Thought Distortion
---
Porphyry Nodes (He swapped out for Lattice)
---
Tormod's
Relic
Liquimetal
Ethersworn
Angel of Ruins
Crucible
Scroll Rack
Hex Parasite
Cursed Scroll
Powder Keg
Cataclysm

A few good things to learn from the league:
-Lattice is a wasted SB slot. This deck has 4 slots of maindeck Cataclysm (2x actual, 2x Wish), so Lattice is overkill vs already deterministically dead opponents. Lattice is also quite poor without Sol Lands. This is a concept people really struggle with. While we did not roll Delver, I absolutely want 2x E Tutors pointed at Nodes. I also am very interested in Cosmic on upkeep -> last dude dies to Nodes -> Nodes to exile -> end step Nodes to play -> Nodes back to exile -> you can't play any dudes on your next turn oppo -> your end step Nodes is back.
-Shadowspear is not a good magic card here, but Zuran Orb is. Note that Zuran Orb is variance negative: it thins the deck with Flagstones and Land Tax, whereas Shadowspear cannot decrease the odds of dead topdecks. There is to say nothing of the Cosmic + Zuran Orb super-life lines of +4 life per land in play, losing zero lands.
-Lodestone Bauble at worst requires 0 targets to just replace itself. It is however harder to understand the role it plays when Currency Converter is not available. This is a high floor on Bauble, which can very easily combo rather nastily with Land Tax to re-up the "draw 3 each turn" lines later.
-As PunishingWaterfalls pointed out, you can opt for Ruination over From the Ashes...but given that this deck is quad-Cataclysm, I generally prefer to reduce variance by ripping dead topdecks out of my deck with FTA.
-There are effectively 5x Lotus Fields in this deck, you can cast Thought Distortion. Don't play Burning Wish in this format if you can't tutor out uncounterables.
-Don't play Moat; this card was only ever okay'ish when Oko was legal. Watch the league, see the battlefield superiority. These pillow forts were never needed, and would have impeded our ability to win the game.