Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Golden Age

Re: Golden Age

Thoughts on E-Plague in the board? Could also do Caller of the Hunt against tribal. Worth it? she is a human too.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Zealous Persecution ensures your combats are very favorable. It slays all of Maverick's support guys. And it can be a last ditch answer to Lackey, if you were on the play
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    Zealous Persecution ensures your combats are very favorable. It slays all of Maverick's support guys. And it can be a last ditch answer to Lackey, if you were on the play
    Too expensive with tax effects though. Need creature answers.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by k2thej View Post
    Too expensive with tax effects though. Need creature answers.
    Taxes aren't too terrible against Maverick or any of the tribal decks, but they're not so hot either. I was under the impression that you'd be cutting some in those MUs...
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"

cutting thorns ya. I don't think there is enough relevance in the SB to cut all 12 though. Probably just 4 fatties for the thorns- and maybe linvala.

What do you guys think of a more D&T approach? Ensures nearly everything is uncounterable with both vial and cavern, and focuses even more on the mana choking. Loses knight, hierarch, and quirion ranger though. Check it out:

Lands (22)
    4 Cavern of souls
    1 Eiganjo Castle
    3 Karakas
    6 Plains
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland

Creatures (28)
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    4 Glowrider
    4 Mangara of Corondor
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Serra Avenger
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Spells (10)
    1 Batterskull
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Aether Vial

SB:
    2 Serra Avenger
    4 Meekstone
    9 ?

Not sure which is better yet. Thoughts?

Meekstone seems really great against other creature decks to swap in for thorn since all creatures have power less than 3 except for serra avenger and batterskull who have vigilance.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

@ D&T build: ABORT! ABORT!
    That is terrible. Just don't. Pretty please.

The strength of the original deck is acceleration (Hierarch), draw (Confidant), and fat (Knight of the Reliquary). The D&T build drops all of those, but gains next to nothing. Please don't go there
    <System> Player Lost

@ D&T build: ABORT! ABORT!
    That is terrible. Just don't. Pretty please.

The strength of the original deck is acceleration (Hierarch), draw (Confidant), and fat (Knight of the Reliquary). The D&T build drops all of those, but gains next to nothing. Please don't go there
    Just brainstorming =)

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Just brainstorming =)
    Thank goodness!

You've discussed tribal and Maverick a lot. Honestly, Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exiles in the SB are fine options for playing against very aggro decks. Playing against Mav, Fish, or Gobbos? -tax effects, +1 cmc removal = profit
    <System> Player Lost

Thank goodness!

You've discussed tribal and Maverick a lot. Honestly, Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exiles in the SB are fine options for playing against very aggro decks. Playing against Mav, Fish, or Gobbos? -tax effects, +1 cmc removal = profit
    True, but the SB needs something to give an advantage not just come closer to being even with them-they have removal too. The thing I liked about meekstone is it's a HUGE advantage, but I understand it's probably not worth the change in the non-aggro matchups.

Also, By comparison, hierarch really isn't much acceleration. If you play a vial turn 1, on turn two you play a tax effect, which is the same thing you do with hierarch. The acceleration really only comes on t3, when you can play 2 bears. With vial, you can play a 3cmc AND a bear though, or two bears, so what's the difference really? The only time hierarch makes a difference on t2 is if glowrider is the only tax effect in your hand.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Also, By comparison, hierarch really isn't much acceleration. If you play a vial turn 1, on turn two you play a tax effect, which is the same thing you do with hierarch. The acceleration really only comes on t3, when you can play 2 bears. With vial, you can play a 3cmc AND a bear though, or two bears, so what's the difference really? The only time hierarch makes a difference on t2 is if glowrider is the only tax effect in your hand.
    Your stuff is already uncounterable due to Caverns. You don't need the critters as combat tricks. So you're better off with Hierarch due to the way she baits removal and adds Exalted.

Sharp playing, real removal, and Stoneforge will win the tribal MUs. Maverick gets beaten by Confidant into removal. The StPs and PtEs in the SB don't make those matchups even. They truly do give you great opportunity to win
    <System> Player Lost

Thread Information