Thread: Day[9] - The Story of Grand Prix San Jose

Day[9] - The Story of Grand Prix San Jose

Not legacy, but this is just about the best tournament report you'll ever get to see/hear:

http://day9.tv/d/Day9/the-story-of-grand-prix-san-jose/

I'm only an occasional Day[9] fan, but him getting into MTG is just hilarious. It seems like a lot of SC2 casters/players are getting into MTG of late.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Re: Day[9] - The Story of Grand Prix San Jose

Not into StarCraft, or e-gaming as a whole for that matter, so I had never heard of this guy before - but this is pretty great! Thanks for sharing the links!

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

This is so awesome. This guy is hilarious :D

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I've been on the interwebs for quite a while and trust me, ever since playing Broodwar, Sean "Day9" Plott is one of the top3 most amazing people on the entire cyberspace. Can't watch videos with my current 56kbit connection, but I'm sure his report will be uber amazing.

Actually, the sc2casters are not getting "into", but back into Magic. Artosis used to play on the Pro Tour before he went Broodwar full time.
    (Or at least came close to. In one of the early GSL casts, he mentions that at one point he actually had to make a decision whether to go Pro Magic or Pro Broodwar)
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

<3 Day9 from when I was super into Brood War.

I ordered 9 foil lobber crews after watching this.
    Nowhere do you see: Efficient Answers to Other Cards. Force and MMS will never be banned. Deal.
    Bardo, Site Admin

I have never played a single game of starcraft but I've watched quite a few Dailies of him (mostly ones not about Starcraft) and this guy is absolutely hilarious and very charismatic. It's amazing what kind of reach this person has on the internet, he has over 130,000 followers on twitter, about 8,000 people watch his Dailies live and 10-fold of that watches them in the week ahead. I was very excited when I heard he was playing magic, he provides great exposure for the game and I hope he will do more items about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentemoller View Post
    I have never played a single game of starcraft but I've watched quite a few Dailies of him (mostly ones not about Starcraft) and this guy is absolutely hilarious and very charismatic. It's amazing what kind of reach this person has on the internet, he has over 130,000 followers on twitter, about 8,000 people watch his Dailies live and 10-fold of that watches them in the week ahead. I was very excited when I heard he was playing magic, he provides great exposure for the game and I hope he will do more items about it.
    Day[9] is amazing, if you haven't watched his Amnesia series it'll probably make you die of laughter, I really wish he'd branch out into doing more reviews of other video games than just Starcraft.

Jun 2011
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

For some reason when I saw the title of this thread I thought GP San Jose was a 9 day event. Good to know that was not the case.

Man, I love me some Day9.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

I had never heard of Day[9] until last weekend when I saw tweets about him being on camera or something. I had no idea who he was; I picked up that he was a starcraft streamer, but that was it. But this:

This is story time. It's important that we embrace all who do not play magic and introduce them to the glory of being a fucking powerful wizard, all right?
    Makes me a fan for life.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

I think he has been casually into magic for a long time, I remember him mentioning it on the rare occasion a long while back. A lot of people that are into gaming (not new school modern warfare/madden gamers) have at least heard of mtg if not played it when they were younger, its kind of cool to see how the streams attract a lot of people that play sc, dota, fighting games, and mmos. A lot of these people appreciate mtg and its nice to see it get this kind of exposure, plus his story telling is so fun to listen to.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

He got hooked a few months ago when he took a vacation from Starcraft for a few days and drafted with friends. All of his story dailies are hilarious.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

I absolutely love day[9] and will be a fanboy no matter what he does.

Most of this was pretty good, but everyone needs to get the idea of losing = always bad out of their head. His connecting it with going down like a samurai towards the end of this was awesome.

Thread Information