Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [EDH] Cromat

Re: [EDH] Cromat

Have you guys tried out Approach of the Second Sun, yet? It's alarmingly easy to set up the win in this deck. Door to Nothingness is hella sweet, of course, but Approach is probably a better win-con than everything else in a wide variety of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Petracca View Post
    Have you guys tried out Approach of the Second Sun, yet? It's alarmingly easy to set up the win in this deck. Door to Nothingness is hella sweet, of course, but Approach is probably a better win-con than everything else in a wide variety of situations.
    This is a bit delayed, haven't been playing much Magic until recently. My bad! As weird as this may seem, I was looking through my token cards and an Approach was shuffled in there, so weird. Then it reminded me of this post. Better late than never!

I agree Approach of the Second Sun is a much better wincon than Door. I've always wanted to use one of the "win the game" cards but none were really that good. Approach is that good. We wanna get out Future Sight ASAP and that makes it very easy to dig for. Or even just ramp into tutor + Approach.

I'll try to update the decklist soon soon but not much has changed. Maybe I'll even get a bit of testing in!
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Updated the deck. Kind of want to play Memory Plunder again to steal your opponents tutors EOT and then cast Approach again. There are a few things I'd like to test out. Teferi, Hero of Dominaria is pretty good as is the new Karn though the latter is probably too weak. Like to get around to testing Starfield of Nyx. Might fiddle with some of the removal and draw a bit. Dig Through Time might be nice. Pretty happy with everything overall.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    Updated the deck. Kind of want to play Memory Plunder again to steal your opponents tutors EOT and then cast Approach again. There are a few things I'd like to test out. Teferi, Hero of Dominaria is pretty good as is the new Karn though the latter is probably too weak. Like to get around to testing Starfield of Nyx. Might fiddle with some of the removal and draw a bit. Dig Through Time might be nice. Pretty happy with everything overall.
    I never got the update email for this post! Thank you for posting an update.

It looks like these are the changes you made:

Grand Coliseum --> Path of Ancestry
    Fabricate --> Search for Azcanta
    Dissipate --> Disallow
    Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker --> Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
    Door to Nothingness --> Approach of the Second Sun

This swap makes perfect sense. Good call.

With Door being swapped out for Approach, this swap makes sense, too.

Dissipate --> Disallow

More modes!

Wait, what's happening here? Does this have something to do with the game state when you cast Bolas? I've won on the back of Planeswalker Bolas enough times that I had not considered making a swap.

I'm with you on this one, too.

Have you considered Assassin's Trophy?

I am running Dig Through Time in the Brainstorm slot. It's a trade-off, but Dig looks at a lot more cards.

Is Bant Charm still your jam? It does a lot of things, but I put Anguished Unmaking there and never looked back.

Memory Plunder looks spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Petracca View Post
    I never got the update email for this post! Thank you for posting an update.

It looks like these are the changes you made:

Dissipate --> Disallow

This swap makes perfect sense. Good call.

With Door being swapped out for Approach, this swap makes sense, too.

Dissipate --> Disallow

More modes!

Wait, what's happening here? Does this have something to do with the game state when you cast Bolas? I've won on the back of Planeswalker Bolas enough times that I had not considered making a swap.

I'm with you on this one, too.

Have you considered Assassin's Trophy?

I am running Dig Through Time in the Brainstorm slot. It's a trade-off, but Dig looks at a lot more cards.

Is Bant Charm still your jam? It does a lot of things, but I put Anguished Unmaking there and never looked back.

Memory Plunder looks spicy.
    You're welcome! I'm slow to make updates but I'll try not to let it go for a year or so again :p

I'm would like to still play Nicol Bolas 1.0 just because it's been so strong that it often takes multiple cards to deal with it or it just runs away with the game. I'd definitely play it still. Overall, Bolas 2.0 is stronger in a vacuum in multiplayer but I still want to play the original in one of the flex slots.

I'm going to replace Bant Charm with Assassin's Trophy since its a cheaper and hits more permanents. Lose the narrow counterspell part but its worth it overall.

I'll probably test out Memory Plunder, switching out Replenish. Replenish is one of the flex slots and it's great when it works but it can be dead too often because there really aren't that many enchantments in the deck.

I wouldn't test out Dig in the Brainstorm slot because Brainstorm is a lot better in the early and mid game. Still, would like to work it in somewhere.

Hi Amon Amarth,

Thank you for posting this list. I think this combines a lot of powerful cards in an interesting way that I haven't seen before.

-Scott

Thread Information