Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
Results 1,141 to 1,143 of 1143

Thread: Oops, All Spells! (Formerly The Rogue Hermit)

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Re: Oops, All Spells! (Formerly The Rogue Hermit)

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Cool build.

Love the tallman tech and the synergies with Cabal Therapy & Agadeem as well as boosting the mana (Opal, Culling). Does this build have an easier time hitting 4 mana?

You didn't face Initiative, but that matchup must be good.
    I haven't played standard Oops in over a year, so I can't answer that with confidence. It's an interesting question, and it would be cool to run numbers on it. The standard build has more cards that give you one mana no questions asked, with the spirit guides and pacts, and this build a.) has another way to get to 4 on low resources, with mana + Culling + tallmen or Grief, and b.) can rebuild decently, because of the permanent artifact mana and not using pacts.

In my small sample size, Initiative seems neither bad nor good. I've won some, and I've lost some to Archons, Chalices, and Leylines. I will say, I've only faced it once with my current, recent sideboard which has 4X Feed the Swarm, which I think will be good and flexible against the hate they bring, in conjunction with the Belcher from the side.

I run a dedicated Legacy content YouTube channel and I've tried a few Oops builds along the way. Most recently the monoblack list with the Belcher SB plan (link below). I was impressed by how good Belcher was, but not so much the Main Deck tbh. Regular Oops definitely felt better, but it did make me wonder if anyone had tried a regular oops build with the Belcher juke plan?

https://youtu.be/B2bHkka4zz4

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by CyrusBales View Post
    it did make me wonder if anyone had tried a regular oops build with the Belcher juke plan?
    My feeling is that it's a different situation because regular Oops has Force of Vigor, and because it has fewer mana rocks and casts more pacts, in terms of casting and activating it over two turns if need be.

Thread Information