Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1143

Thread: Oops, All Spells! (Formerly The Rogue Hermit)

Re: Oops, All Spells! (Formerly The Rogue Hermit)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I wonder if Once Upon a Time has merit? It finds mana spirits and rogues.
    So if you go back to when it was spoiled, ouat was discussed.

On paper, ouats are the best spies 9-12. However in any actual hand ouat has a lower chance of finding a spy than mulliganing. And if you don’t find a spy you lose. So in practice you can’t really keep a 5, 6 or 7 with just ouat. Which is why I think it was cut.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Went back and read the conversation, all caught up now.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Deck to beat! All hail the new flesh!
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Wow, I remember when they wouldn't even move this deck to established, well done guys.

Anybody think Abundant Harvest is worth trying a Land Grant, Bayou and Forest Cycling manabase to fit in more black sources and Wild Cantor effects? That's about 14 ways to guarantee the Bayou now and another 5 black land drops.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Anybody think Abundant Harvest is worth trying a Land Grant, Bayou and Forest Cycling manabase to fit in more black sources and Wild Cantor effects? That's about 14 ways to guarantee the Bayou now and another 5 black land drops.
    The thought had crossed my mind. It's a tradeoff between having better color fixing (perhaps obviating Summoner's Pact) and just whiffing because we need to meet an additional requirement to go off. Land Grant's showing our hand is also something I don't feel great about and Forestcyclers (or Swampcyclers) seem expensive, but then again, I've never really liked leaning on hands with Summoner's Pact and no interaction, either.

I feel like Abundant Harvest is better for something like Charbelcher; maybe it's useful if we run maindeck Charbs or a transformational sideboard. I don't think it's great with the Rogues, though, for the reasons I mentioned. We'd need keepable hands to have yet another requirement on top of Rogue, black initializer, three or more mana, fewer than one or two engine/combo pieces, and (ideally) something to disrupt our opponent's interactive cards.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub

Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelRichards View Post
    Oh man this deck looks awesome.
    Sixty percent of the time, it works . . . every time.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Been going pretty hard on Oops recently and have been quite happy with the performance. Is there a discord for the deck anywhere? Have not been able to find..

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by walked View Post
    Been going pretty hard on Oops recently and have been quite happy with the performance. Is there a discord for the deck anywhere? Have not been able to find..
    I haven't been able to find one, either. Thought about setting one up myself, but I'm a bit snowed under with IRL commitments at the moment.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Jul 2018
    Chicago, IL

This is a great place to chat but would definitely love a Discord Server as well!

Can someone walk me through a play pattern for Memory’s Journey? My understanding is that it’s to fight surgicals but unsure how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Lamp View Post
    This is a great place to chat but would definitely love a Discord Server as well!

Can someone walk me through a play pattern for Memory’s Journey? My understanding is that it’s to fight surgicals but unsure how it plays out.
    Found a small Discord: https://discord.gg/YwuG7744M5

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

MTGO streamer Nathan Lipetz released an excellent guide on this deck yesterday:
    https://mtgmeta.io/articles/deck-pri...ops-all-spells

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    MTGO streamer Nathan Lipetz released an excellent guide on this deck yesterday:
    https://mtgmeta.io/articles/deck-pri...ops-all-spells
    Haven't needed the 2nd Cabal Therapy or Bridge from Below in hundreds of games, let alone both, just play with four Chrome Mox and mulligan better. I also think Cabal Ritual over Street Wraith is a big point of contention, both imprint for Black and cycling into any other mana source can be so much stronger. Furthermore, Hope of Ghirapur is a lot more flexible than Xantid Swarm - you want disruption that you can cast off of either land for a turn 2 win. To end, Leyline of Sanctity may as well be Chancellor of the Annex in a lot of match ups while at the same time having impact vs counters.

My understanding is that good D&T players, of which there are many online, can beat you by mulling to solitude if you run neither. You need both to beat 2 solitude.

I might be incorrect above, but doesn’t it also make it super awkward if you draw oracle/dread return with no B4B?

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

I think mulling to double Solitude is pretty unlikely, especially for an 80-card list. All Spells could probably still beat that with a leftover green mana to flash back Memory's Journey, but can you explain the scenario you're considering, Reeplcheep?

I agree that combo pieces can occasionally be drawn and stranded in hand. If it's the first draw on a kept seven, or if you've played no cards, you could just move to discard. That generally is dicey postboard, but if D&T players are on double Solitude or bust, then there would be less risk. All Spells is a pretty high-risk, high-reward deck anyway. Personally, I like Bridge from Below and Cabal Therapy in the list.

@Final Fortune: If your sideboard is similar, do you agree with the general sideboarding approach of the article, or do you go about it differently?

I might be mixing things up since solitude beats bridge from below regardless.

Without bridge you lose to sweeper effects like plague engineer or staticaster. You will also lose to any removal if you draw dread return.

With only 1 cabal therapy you might lose to force of negation and flusterstorm more than you need to.

Both these things will not come up super often, but they seem more likely than the memories journey lines. Mulling sevens because you draw a 1 of seems like it will force you to go slower. This seems to counteract the advantage of adding something like more cabal rit/street wraith.

Adding Poxwalkers to Oops! All Spells may be an improvement as it allows you to use all four Cabal Therapys with little alteration to the established deck:

+2 Poxwalkers
    +1-2 Cabal Therapy
    -1 Bridge from Below
    -1 Narcomoeba
    -Others

With the addition of Poxwalkers you can now chain them with a full four Cabal Therapy allowing you to rip the opponent’s hand apart in addition to being able to discard key cards in your own hand that should be in the graveyard such as Thassa’s Oracle and Dread Return. The importance of this option is that it can be used relatively all the time in some way after you mill your library, allowing to both protect the combo and discard your key cards.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

I took the cool build from Syracuse's 5-0 a week ago for a spin on MTGO tonight, and I got a 5-0 in the very first league. Felt great.

Jeskai Control 2-1
    Aluren 2-1
    Naya Maverick 2-0
    Ruby Storm 2-0
    TES 2-1

Last edited by Scott; 01-10-2023 at 10:42 PM.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I took the cool build from Syracuse's 5-0 a week ago for a spin on MTGO tonight, and I got a 5-0 in the very first league. Felt great.

Jeskai Control 2-1
    Aluren 2-1
    Naya Maverick 2-0
    Ruby Storm 2-0
    TES 2-1
    Canned heat.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Sep 2011

Cool build.

Love the tallman tech and the synergies with Cabal Therapy & Agadeem as well as boosting the mana (Opal, Culling). Does this build have an easier time hitting 4 mana?

You didn't face Initiative, but that matchup must be good.

Thread Information