Thread: [EDH] The Mimeoplasm

Hybrid View

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

[EDH] The Mimeoplasm

The Mimeoplasm started off as my *most competitive* EDH deck. I've toned it down since then but it is still capable of very powerful plays. The deck is versatile and can be played as competitively or casually as the playgroup demands. In competitive 1v1, the goal is to assemble a giant, evasive, shrouded monster as soon as possible. In more casual pods, emphasis is placed on establishing an advantage engine and grinding out value.

I am extremely happy with the aesthetics of the deck. All cards are their original printing (choosing Beta over Alpha due to the corners, and the dual lands are Revised because $$ ). The only foil cards are those with an ability while in the graveyard.

38 Lands

30 Creatures

31 Other Spells

Graveyard-reliant deck is obviously weak to grave-hate.
    The deck can play around graveyard disruption and Blood Moon if you go into the game expecting either.

A combination of Lord of Extinction/Apocalypse Demon and Triskelion/Walking Ballista in the graveyard lets Mimeoplasm snipe opponents or control the board. I've had a lot of fun building and honing this deck.
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 02-27-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Re: [EDH] The Mimeoplasm

I feel like Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon is better ooze fodder than Putrefax. Also, maybe Regrowth instead of Noxious Revival? Getting your card back ASAP for 1 more mana seems very worth it.
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Both were actually in the original 99!
    Skittles was cut when I didn't feel the need for 2 infect options. I like Putrefax better because it comes with trample.
    Regrowth just recently got cut for Noxious Revival because revival puts it on top for free. I like so far.

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Both were actually in the original 99!
    Skittles was cut when I didn't feel the need for 2 infect options. I like Putrefax better because it comes with trample.
    Regrowth just recently got cut for Noxious Revival because revival puts it on top for free. I like so far.
    Makes sense. I was just thinking that if you needed an answer for something that Regrowth would be better. But hey, if it works why fix it?
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

-Swamp
    -Forest
    -Island
    -Dakmor Salvage
    -Bojuka Bog
    -Consuming Aberration
    -Phyrexian Revoker
    -Noxious Revival
    -Gitaxian Probe
    -Maelstrom Pulse
    -Crucible of Worlds

+Underground Sea
    +Tropical Island
    +Bayou
    +River of Tears
    +City of Brass
    +Artisan of Kozilek
    +Spirit of the Night
    +Dregscape Zombie
    +Street Wraith
    +Abrupt Decay
    +True-Name Nemesis

I made quite a few more changes than I'd realized. I changed my mind on the direction to take with the deck. I've quit trying to be cute with Hermit Druid and embraced the broken-ness. I tried Dimir Infiltrator and Postmortem Lunge and didn't like them.
    I am focusing this deck for 1v1. It is pretty consistently a turn 5 deck. Especially if loose mulligan rules apply and you can partial away monsters.

I am very happy with the changes. Dregscape Zombie is pretty mediocre... Increased time with the deck has taught me how to play around graveyard hate and protect the combo.
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 10-03-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Damn your list is awesome, no Mike and Trike combo?

Mikaeus, the Unhallowed

Thread Information