Page 317 of 319 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319 LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

With all the amazing creatures...

Esper Sentinel
    Voidwalker
    Grief

I would be tempted to jam them all alongside Thalia and Vial and maybe even Mom for a Black and Taxes list.

Wasteland and Sinkhole work great with Sentinel and Thalia. Urborg let's Karakas and Wasteland tap for black.

The sideboard could play both Leyline and Helm to truly hate out graveyards while providing an alternative win con (might even warrant a maindeck Karn or two).

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    With all the amazing creatures...

Esper Sentinel
    Voidwalker
    Grief

I would be tempted to jam them all alongside Thalia and Vial and maybe even Mom for a Black and Taxes list.

Wasteland and Sinkhole work great with Sentinel and Thalia. Urborg let's Karakas and Wasteland tap for black.

The sideboard could play both Leyline and Helm to truly hate out graveyards while providing an alternative win con (might even warrant a maindeck Karn or two).
    Yeah with all the exciting new cards you really could have really different builds of deadguy ale.

-a more creature value based deck. Grief. Ephemerate. Reanimate etc. That may use aether vial.
    -a combo based version around helm of obedience, leyline , rest in peace and the new toy dauthi voidwalker.
    -a hybrid of classic dead guy and either of previous 2 versions.
    -a human version now that esper sentinel gives you even more card draw or an artifact based version.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I played three matched with this deck yesterday:
    1 Batterskull
    4 Dark Confidant
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    1 Windswept Heath
    4 Ephemerate
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Wasteland
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Grief
    1 Karakas
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Silent Clearing
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Charming Prince
    2 Solitude
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Scrubland
    4 Swords to Plowshares

// Sideboard
    1 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Fracture
    2 Serenity (This was added later because of the new meta)
    2 Sudden Edict
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    https://scryfall.com/@Ganfar/decks/3...1-0f5b944361bd

Turn 1 play with Ephemerate and Grief are SUPER strong. I was able to destroy a good 7 hands from my opponent to discard 3 of their cards. Ephemerate is very good against the removal and we get an extra trigger from most of my creatures.

One of the nasty plays was to attack with Grief and my opponent played Bolt on it, in response I played Ephemerate on Greif and took this only card left in the hand.

Recruiter of the Guard can get all the creatures and sick value with Prince and Ephemerate.

i had a lot of fun with the deck and I want to play more games to see what this can do.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Tested Dauthi Voidwalker in a dedicated Black green Helm deck and in a black white Deadguy with 1 helm in main, 1 in board.

Never drew Helm in deadguy to win. It was usually a dead weight card there, so taking it out main. Leaving 1 in board since I also have Leyline in board and for matchups where creatures can't attack through (ie. ensnaring bridge).

Voidwalker is great in a dedicated combo deck. 2 mana is a lot easier to cast then 4 for Leyline.

Walker is pretty sick with tap ability. Got to cast an Ulamog with it. Still gonna keep it in Deadguy for now.

What’s the game plan for UR delver? They have a lot of early game threats and card advantage. They almost never miss their t1 creature with backup.

Quote Originally Posted by CRich3 View Post
    What’s the game plan for UR delver? They have a lot of early game threats and card advantage. They almost never miss their t1 creature with backup.
    At the moment I have 2 sudden edict in board. May try a prismatic ending too.

Yeah it pretty nuts they now could run 12 1 drops (although I'm not sure they go the full playset of all 3).

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Play UR delver.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

It seems outdated now, but my answer used to be Lingering Souls. It isn't efficient mana-wise, but as far as value it really taxes their removal and clogs up the board, especially in the air.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I think Engineered Explosives could be good out of the sideboard right now as well. If Delver is on 12 1-drops then EE has a better chance of being a 2-for-1 or better. Also great against Affinity which has seen an uptick (bye bye all Urza's Saga Construct tokens).

Quote Originally Posted by bwangeroo View Post
    I think Engineered Explosives could be good out of the sideboard right now as well. If Delver is on 12 1-drops then EE has a better chance of being a 2-for-1 or better. Also great against Affinity which has seen an uptick (bye bye all Urza's Saga Construct tokens).
    If EE is good, isn't prismatic even better? Isn't tempo not CA the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Unfortunately against UR delver it’s both. If I try to go 1 for 1 then I eventually lose to their card draw. So far I’ve been having my best luck with the standard Stoneforge Dark Confidant list. Want to try a Voidwalker list but I only have 1 at the moment. Also want to try Tourach.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

I've been fooling around with the following - no real testing yet to tell you of any ups or downs, but I had slept on Prismatic Ending and completely misjudged it - its a good card.

4 BoB
    4 SFM
    4 Esper Sentinel
    3 Voidwalker

4 STP
    4 Prismatic Ending
    4 Thought Seize
    4 Hymn
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Surgical Extraction

1 Kaldra
    1 Batterskull
    1 Jitte
    4 Chrome Mox

4 Wasteland
    4 Marshland
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains
    3 Scrubland
    1 Underground Sea (for prismatic ending)
    1 Plateau (for prismatic ending)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    I've been fooling around with the following - no real testing yet to tell you of any ups or downs, but I had slept on Prismatic Ending and completely misjudged it - its a good card.

4 BoB
    4 SFM
    4 Esper Sentinel
    3 Voidwalker

4 STP
    4 Prismatic Ending
    4 Thought Seize
    4 Hymn
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Surgical Extraction

1 Kaldra
    1 Batterskull
    1 Jitte
    4 Chrome Mox

4 Wasteland
    4 Marshland
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains
    3 Scrubland
    Interesting list. But what surgical extraction mainly for? Uro? Perhaps cling to dust may be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I mean I'm trying out 2 prismatic ending as well in the sb, and 1 EE. But as CRich3 said both tempo + CA are an issue. They start out with a lot of virtual CA – they can operate on fewer lands, they have higher consistency due to cantrips. Then there's the actual CA – Expressive Iteration, potential Ragavan hits, potential Adventures, the whale. So just 1-for-1ing the entire game doesn't get you there. You need defensive bombs as well to keep up.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Interesting list. But what surgical extraction mainly for? Uro? Perhaps cling to dust may be better?
    Pretty much - and other problem cards I don't like seeing - it's definitely a flex spot.

Also - definitely try Kaldra alongside Batterskull and Jittee if you're running SFM. The 7 hurts with BoB but that's a small percentage for the huge beater. Kaldra's haste is really unexpected and great - moreover it eats into their STP targets as the usual artifact hate doesn't stop it. Most people waste their STPs for your CA engine, BOB, or even Voidwalker (since you can strip and play bombs off him) and then Kaldra comes in and sweeps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

I went back to the older list. I've had more success playing more of a control/midrange game. I want to replace dark ritual also, but it has been very useful vs combo. Vanishing Verse has been great vs opposing Kaldra's killing off the germ and Fracture + Damn has helped a lot vs the new affinity decks. Also went 3/2 split with Thoughtseize/Duress because I'm not as concerned with creatures as I am with card draw and counters. Right now I'm just testing if I should cut Dark Ritual or not.

// Lands: 22
    6 Swamp
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Scrubland
    2 Silent Clearing
    4 Wasteland

// Creatures: 12
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Opposition Agent

// Other: 26
    4 Dark Ritual
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Damn
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Duress
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Kaya's Guile
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Batterskull
    1 Kaldra Complete
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard: 15
    2 Necromentia
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    2 Plague Engineer
    3 Fracture
    3 Rest in Peace
    1 Liliana's Triumph
    1 Kaya's Guile
    2 Vanishing Verse
    Last edited by CRich3; 06-19-2021 at 05:22 PM. Reason: added card tags.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

4 BoB
    4 SFM
    4 Esper Sentinel
    3 Voidwalker

4 STP
    4 Prismatic Ending
    4 Thought Seize
    4 Hymn
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Surgical Extraction

1 Kaldra
    1 Batterskull
    1 Jitte
    4 Chrome Mox

4 Wasteland
    4 Marshland
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains
    3 Scrubland
    I think to have both Mox and Dark Ritual in the same DGA list are too much.

I have played both in two different build and I have to say that I like Dark Riutal better. It's more explosive and don't require you to lose one of your other cards in you hand.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

4 BoB
    4 SFM
    4 Esper Sentinel
    3 Voidwalker

4 STP
    4 Prismatic Ending
    4 Thought Seize
    4 Hymn
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Surgical Extraction

1 Kaldra
    1 Batterskull
    1 Jitte
    4 Chrome Mox

4 Wasteland
    4 Marshland
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains
    3 Scrubland
    15 lands (19 with mox) is too few.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    I think to have both Mox and Dark Ritual in the same DGA list are too much.

I have played both in two different build and I have to say that I like Dark Riutal better. It's more explosive and don't require you to lose one of your other cards in you hand.
    You're down a card when you cast ritual too, the card itself doesn't do anything, it just produces mana. The reason to play ritual now is that the format is very low to the ground now and you have to both be able to answer your opponent's threats or present an threat of equal caliber.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Alright. Switched to an Opposition agent/Dark ritual build. In part to switch things up. Plus, I feel lots of people are packing artifact hate and didn't want my Chrome Moxes to die from the splash damage.

4 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Opposition Agent
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Gurmag Angler
    1 Remorseful Cleric
    1 Dauthi Voidwalker
    1 Skyclave Apparition

3 Thoughtseize
    1 Cabal Therapy
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Vindicate
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Kaldra Compleat
    1 Batterskull
    2 Lingering Souls
    4 Dark Ritual

4 Scrubland
    4 Swamp
    1 PLains
    1 Karakas
    1 Castle Lochtwain
    4 Wasteland
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Polluted Delta

Side: 3 Leyline of the Void, 1 Leyline of Sanctity, 2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, 1 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, 1 Liliana, the Last Hope, 2 Sudden Edict, 1 Humility, 1 Toxic Deluge, 1 Serenity, 1 Pithing Needle, 1 Nihil Spellbomb

-Yes, the Maindeck is 61 cards. Couldn't find what to cut. I already cut out the Hero of Bladehold so that hurt enough as it is :)

-the Remorseful Cleric and Dauthi Voidwalker are concessions to graveyard shenanigans. It's crazy to think that with all the abilities of the Voidwalker that it's still very meh. I have lived the dream of dark ritual, voidwalker, thoughtseize.....oh Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. I'll take that to cast on turn 2. I do like that it's pretty much unblockable. But yeah, it's still just an ok creature. Maybe when etb, if it also exiled the opponent's graveyard, then it would be pretty insane.

-Kaldra Compleat is awesome vs non-white decks. In combo matchups being able to beat down with this guy is so much faster than Batterskull. And with Dark Rituals, it is realisitic to reequip or hard cast it. Flipping it to Bob sucks ,lol. Also having 2 of my 3 equipment being living weapons is nice in the face of more null rods.

-Having the Opposition Agent and Dark Ritual is pretty sweet turn 1. A way to possibly mana screw an opponent is nice and goes along great with the wastelands and Vindicate. Some searches are may though which sucks. An opponent had a Curse of Misfortunes out. It's a may search. Couldn't get one for me to give to opponent. But at least I'm getting killed by any either.

-Lingering Souls are a bit worse since it's only really Jitte I can equip to easily.

-the singleton Skyclave Apparition has been a house. Haven't really had the chance to recur it with Liliana, the Last Hope yet. And the token Skyclave leaves behind hasn't been an issue so far.

-I do miss being able to cast Stoneforge or Thalia turn 1. But the card disadvantage of Mox adds up plus with all the artifact hate creeping in, I feel not to get hit extra hard by it.

The FNM i went to was a disaster of mana flooding. Online it's been ok. Haven't lived the dream of casting Opposition Agent vs a Doomsday opponent yet.

I was so excited about Grief and possibly shenanigans with Cloud shift/ephemerate. Ain´t they worth playing?

Thread Information