Page 318 of 318 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318
Results 6,341 to 6,345 of 6345

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I was so excited about Grief and possibly shenanigans with Cloud shift/ephemerate. Ainīt they worth playing?
    Certainly worth giving it a shot. Haven't tried it yet as I only have 2 Grief atm. I really like Malakir Rebirth in that deck since it can be a land if you need it to be.

Haven't seen much of it online. Played against it a few times. Can be annoying but hard to say if it better than other versions of Dead guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Certainly worth giving it a shot. Haven't tried it yet as I only have 2 Grief atm. I really like Malakir Rebirth in that deck since it can be a land if you need it to be.

Haven't seen much of it online. Played against it a few times. Can be annoying but hard to say if it better than other versions of Dead guy.
    Village Rites and Undying evil are cards to consider too, if you wanna abuse grief

Prismatic ending is insane, especially in a deck without cantrips. You should definitely add a splash for a 3rd colour as above.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Prismatic ending is insane, especially in a deck without cantrips. You should definitely add a splash for a 3rd colour as above.
    Thanks, Prismatic Ending is a card I'm considering. Bit leery of stretching out mana base to 3 colors though.

Another on the short list is more Skyclave Apparition. A card that answers most of the cards in Legacy and is a creature that can hit for 2, wear equipment and can come back with Liliana, the Last Hope.

I have been playing around Junk Dead Guy Ale build with Mox Diamond builds. The Moxes does not only help with the strict mana requirements of the green splash, it also has some great synergy with Prismatic Ending and Urza's Saga. Mox Diamond is a 0 costing artifact that both pumps the Sage Construts and is something you can grab when the sage hits it's final stage. I've also been able to use Prismatic Ending to get rid of troublesome 4+ cmc permanents very consistently.

I have always preferred Moxes over Dark Ritual mainly because it is a temp advantage that sticks around. I also feel like moxes gives you more versatility compared to Dark Ritual. Moxes allows you leverage the power of your white cards such as Thalia and SFM on turn one, but it can also allow you to check the opponents hand with a discard spell and then decide if you wanna keep up mana for a removal spell on their turn or maybe play a wasteland instead.

It might seem a bit strange to run 8 colorless lands in a deck that is quite color intense but if you count the Moxes as tri-lands you will find that the list is running 18 black sources, 15 white sources and 12 green sources and thus a quite stable manabase.

Creature (13)
    4x Dark Confidant
    4x Dauthi Voidwalker
    1x Spirit of the Labyrinth
    4x Stoneforge Mystic

Land (24)
    4x Marsh Flats
    2x Verdant Catacombs
    2x Scrubland
    1x Bayou
    1x Savannah
    3x Swamp