Page 288 of 319 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Notion Thief View Post
    Nice run there, have a list?
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...on-2017-legacy

That's the maindeck listed there.

Board is similar.
    2 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Leyline of the Void
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Bontu's Last Reckoning
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Humility
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...on-2017-legacy

That's the maindeck listed there.

Board is similar.
    2 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Leyline of the Void
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Bontu's Last Reckoning
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Humility
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    Great to hear you win! I think Show and Tell is the better combo matchup for this deck.

I have you ever cast Leyline btw? You want either have 3-4 to have it in the start hand or none. Turn 3-4 Leyline can be to slow for the good graveyard decks.

How do you feel with playing with 3 Stoneforge and 3 equips? I have heard you should have one more Stoneforge then number of Equips in a deck.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    Great to hear you win! I think Show and Tell is the better combo matchup for this deck.

I have you ever cast Leyline btw? You want either have 3-4 to have it in the start hand or none. Turn 3-4 Leyline can be to slow for the good graveyard decks.

How do you feel with playing with 3 Stoneforge and 3 equips? I have heard you should have one more Stoneforge then number of Equips in a deck.
    I'm not sure what you mean about show and tell. For me, Sneak show without Omniscience is favored for me. If they have Omniscience they are favored. I'm usually a sitting duck if they have Omniscience out, whereas I can deal with big fattie creatures most of the time.

Yeah, I've cast Leyline before. I'm a lot luckier than most people so that's why I only run 1. lol. But even casting it for 4 is good against Punishing Jund.

I used to run 4 Mystics but I'd have it happen where a resolved Mystic has nothing to search for. Which obviously sucks. That's why I cut one and I find it's great for me.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

DeadGuyAle was displayed in MTG GoldFish:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...uly-statistics

I think I saw the same list on page 286
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Wilkin how did the Bontus Last Reck work out; were you satisfied with it when you drew it, and was it better in those situations than a second Toxic Deluge?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    Wilkin how did the Bontus Last Reck work out; were you satisfied with it when you drew it, and was it better in those situations than a second Toxic Deluge?
    I think he's covered this before in this thread. 2 deluges tend to be a lot of life loss. I'm currently playing 2 Zealous Persecution instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Got 2nd in a very small tournament today. 13 people. 5 rounds, cut to top 4. $200 credit for my troubles. Went 3-1-1 in Swiss. Beat 3 Variations of Delver and lost to Elves.

Beat Delver in Swiss and lost to Elves again in finals.

Tried Bontu's Last Reckoning today. It's ok. I don't want 2 Toxic Deluges, so going with a split. There is a real cost involved if it resolves but at same time i'm usually happy it cleared the board for at least a turn.

Going to keep it in for a while. Happy I did ok today, was on a bit of a dry spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Yeah I thought I covered that before on Bontu's Last Reckoning. It's ok. I only run one, Multiple Deluges would be too much life especially vs a deck like say Eldrazi.

As far as playing it last Sunday. I cast it once vs Eldrazi. He was at 1 life with a 9/9 endless one (8/8 plus the 1/1 from Humility), Eldrazi Mimic and Thought Knot Seer. I had 2 creatures out with Ensnaring Bridge and Humility out. I had 8 mana out in a long stretched out game so I first cast Reckoning to clear the board and then cast Hero of Bladehold. lol, it's only a 1/1 but a threat nonetheless.

My opponent top decked a dude to stalemate again. A later Lingering Souls provided the amount of dudes I needed to win.

Apr 2017
    Texas

If a majority of the creature decks you run into tend to run x/1s and x/2s would Bontu's be on your radar?
    I could definitely see at least one in sideboard some where if I ran into dudes that were a little on the beefy end though.

Speaking of cards from Devastation... I'm always looking for things to add to my B/W toolbox and the new zombie crocodile demon looks fun enough. Any thoughts on Ammit Eternal? Would just jamming in an Angler or Tombstalker be more effective?
    Dead Guy Ale // Burn
    Delver/Pyro // Turbo Fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Eyes View Post
    If a majority of the creature decks you run into tend to run x/1s and x/2s would Bontu's be on your radar?
    I could definitely see at least one in sideboard some where if I ran into dudes that were a little on the beefy end though.

Speaking of cards from Devastation... I'm always looking for things to add to my B/W toolbox and the new zombie crocodile demon looks fun enough. Any thoughts on Ammit Eternal? Would just jamming in an Angler or Tombstalker be more effective?
    Zombie croc is interesting. Afflict is a surprisingly good form of pseudo evasion from my brief experiences with it because it makes combat math really weird. I image it would often end up just trading with an opponents creature and dying while doing 3 damage. However it's a great topdeck if your opponent is hell-bent, but then again so are lots of things. Seems like a card that is super game state dependent but is potentially powerful if you don't just try to use it like your standard run of the mill beater. I plan to test with it at some point, although i suspect it may be a little too fragile in a world of cantrips and force of will/daze.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Notion Thief View Post
    Zombie croc is interesting. Afflict is a surprisingly good form of pseudo evasion from my brief experiences with it because it makes combat math really weird. I image it would often end up just trading with an opponents creature and dying while doing 3 damage. However it's a great topdeck if your opponent is hell-bent, but then again so are lots of things. Seems like a card that is super game state dependent but is potentially powerful if you don't just try to use it like your standard run of the mill beater. I plan to test with it at some point, although i suspect it may be a little too fragile in a world of cantrips and force of will/daze.
    The issue I see with Croc is that he is only a big beater. It's smaller and cost more then Mr. Gofy. You can cast more spells in legacy so the croc will die agaist strom.

The issue I see with Croc is that he is only a big beater. It's smaller and cost more then Mr. Gofy. You can cast more spells in legacy so the croc will die agaist strom.
    Yeah he's toast against storm, but if storm is going off it doesn't matter much what beater you have on board (unless it's Ruric Thar). I agree he's probably a bit too fragile, but 5/5 for 3 is quite bob friendly. Im pretty sure it won't make the cut because legacy decks play lots of spells, but it's a neat card design.

Apr 2017
    Texas

I'm with y'all mostly, but I definitely think she's a fun card.

Outside of the decks that have in-built outs (storm, playing cantrips, etc.), it was a nice change to be able to go fisticuffs without equips. Jammed against some burn and a UW brew based on the "spirit blade" list (with Vials + choice hate bears + light spirit tribal) a bit last night. It felt like a more consistent Vexing Devil when doing okay. Felt just as bad as any other useless 3CMC flesh bag when it did nothing.

Outside of being able to swing into Spell Quellers like a man again... I did get a fuzzy feeling looking at a demon crocodile + a jitte-swingin' Bob and the Shaman! A regular sight in parts of the Louisiana back woods, I tell you wut, boy!

Goal for weekend:
    Test various Enlightened Tutor plans. I haven't seen much 'Goyf action lately so I'm going to see if I can play 1-2x Bitterblossom in the 75 w/ 1x Smuggler's Copter and all the usual tutor suspects.

Fetching Spirit of the Labyrinth EoT, summon with a Bob and Copter on the battlefield already, crew while summoning sick, saying" no can brainstorm!" while pointing out Labyrinth's text then proceeding to "draw" two cards your turn... then pointing to Labyrinth's rules again as I slide Bob up so they can read both together is a victory in its own.

Also need to figure out the most wallet-friendly way of getting green back in the list. After a theft last October left me with zero decks..
    zero bayou. Running the BG shock going to be a no-go?
    Would mostly be for DRS activations as it stands now. /shrug

Peace
    Dead Guy Ale // Burn
    Delver/Pyro // Turbo Fish!

Bob and spirit are sweet together, i used to mainboard 2 sprit. I was on the e-tutor plan for a while but found it a little too slow vs fast combo. I still board 2 bitterblossom though because it's a good answer to punishing fire.

Bummer about the theft, that sucks. You could just run a single fetchable Forest so you don't have to bolt yourself to gain 2 off of Deathrite in a pinch. If you for some inexplicable reason run treefolk, murmuring bosk is your answer, but that would be a weird list.

The shocks seem pretty awful for Deathrite, although if you play a bunch you could always toss in a deaths shadow for good measure and go proper Suicide aggro.

Think basic Forest is your best bet outside of bayou/savannah though

Hi everyone!

I'm assuming this thread is also used for Pikula/ Abzan Stoneblade or red splashes?

Wanted to share my list since I've been playing the abzan version for some years now and I have a list I like a lot now.

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Bitterblossom
    3 Tarmogoyf
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Fatal Push
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Vindicate
    1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice

3 Bayou
    4 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Wasteland
    1 Shambling Vents
    1 Karakas
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains

Board as of today:

2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Duress
    4 Hymn to tourach
    1 Zealous P
    1 Maelstrom P
    1 Toxic Deluge

About my build. I love the one off Bitterblossom in the deck. If it lands it's a card that can take over on it's own. If it doesn't it pumps goyf with 2 just in itself. It's very good against bug which I find I'm having trouble against.

Kaya is my newest addition amd I love her for the versatility she has. Her abilities goes well with the decks game plan and is an extra way to gain card advantage.

Vindicate might be my favorite card ever. You might definitely argue that Council's Judgment are better, but it's my pet card and I love it.

I took out Decay after top-banning btw.

Love this deck a ton, it's always challenging and fun to play.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Winter9 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm assuming this thread is also used for Pikula/ Abzan Stoneblade or red splashes?

Wanted to share my list since I've been playing the abzan version for some years now and I have a list I like a lot now.

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Bitterblossom
    3 Tarmogoyf
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Fatal Push
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Vindicate
    1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice

3 Bayou
    4 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Wasteland
    1 Shambling Vents
    1 Karakas
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains

Board as of today:

2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Duress
    4 Hymn to tourach
    1 Zealous P
    1 Maelstrom P
    1 Toxic Deluge
    In what matchup do you want sideborad in 4 Hymn?
    Last edited by Ganfar; 08-20-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Apr 2017
    Texas

@Winter9 - I'd give her a spin if I had the green cards. Lookin' solid!

@Notion Thief - Tested a few green sources since I posted... no surprise that the basic forest was the best of the lot. Still straddling the fence so I'm going to remain two colors for now.

In what matchup do you want sideborad in 4 Hymn?
    I side it in quite a lot. Our meta is comboheavy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Eyes View Post
    @Winter9 - I'd give her a spin if I had the green cards. Lookin' solid!

@Notion Thief - Tested a few green sources since I posted... no surprise that the basic forest was the best of the lot. Still straddling the fence so I'm going to remain two colors for now.
    Thank you :)

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Winter9 View Post
    Hi everyone!

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Bitterblossom
    3 Tarmogoyf
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Fatal Push
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Vindicate
    1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice

3 Bayou
    4 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Wasteland
    1 Shambling Vents
    1 Karakas
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains

Board as of today:

2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Duress
    4 Hymn to tourach
    1 Zealous P
    1 Maelstrom P
    1 Toxic Deluge
    This close to what I'm playing, but I don't play Mystic/Souls and instead play Knight of the Reliquery/Sylvan Library/4 Goyfs/2 Hymns. I don't think I'd every play Hymn to Tourach in the sideboard myself, it's just not specific enough (my philosophy on sideboarding is to mainboard generally good cards, sideboard specific cards.) I play 2 maindeck Hymns.

I am going to try out the new copycat equipment card as a 1-of (Battleaxe of some sort) and test out Lingering Souls in the Knight slots. It's efficient enough on it's own to quicken the clock. A Jitte is probably (most likely) better as a 1-of, but I want to see if it can turn my Souls tokens into a faster clock.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information