Page 215 of 319 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by MBSegal View Post
    I think Artheos is best in a deck built like Sam Black's old BW Human deck, but with a Enlightened Tutor package maindeck as you can tutor for it.

I would probably cut Thalia's from the main as I don't find it that impressive right now especially in a deck without Rishadan Port. Tidehollow Sculler and Sin Collector seem very good in this kind of deck as do more sacrifice outlets.

Artheos may just be better in the RWB Zombie deck though as they would want to ETutor for Goblin Bombardment as well.

I have been testing a ton on MTGO this last week and have come to a lot of conclusions about the deck, I may write something up later depending on how much time I have. I am about 100% that Dark Confidant is overrated and that anything less than 4 Stoneforge Mystic or 4 Lingering Souls is just incorrect. Which means I am beginning to think Cabal Therapy is a better sideboard card than I had been giving it credit, though I think Duress is still probably better in the current metagame where Storm is much more popular than Sneak and Show.

If you donīt value the bob you should play the deck more. I cannot tell how often bob single handedly won me games.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I've win too many games off of Bob. It's too strong to cut
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

He's 75 bux because he's super collectable.

Honestly, I'm not sure why I don't see top and Spirit of the Labyrinth in these lists...any chance I can get a solid reason why?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'll third that motion :)

Bob has won me soooo many games and has only killed me a handful of times. Mystic is awesome but Overall Bob is better. Against Fair decks, they are both great. Against Combo, Bob is much better. I think the only thing that kinda sucks is that I only play multiple Bobs if I'm playing against Combo. You can play as many Mystics, Deathrites etc. as you really feel like onto the battlefield. You usually can't with Dark Confidant.

As far as number of Mystic goes. I only run 3. I used to run 4 but since our deck usually doesn't win fast, I've had times where Mystic really was a Squire. Boo-urns. IMHO, I think 4 is fine if you also run Sensei's Divining Top. In other words, so you can purposely not draw your equipment.

Any thoughts on the 2 new white hate bears? i'm not sure Eidolon is better than Canonist. 1 more mana is a big deal. Storm may have killed you by then. Being Bolt proof is nice, but trying to figure out situations where it's better.

VS. Elves. Abrupt Decay is sideboard removal of choice. Eidolon and Canonist are both Kaput.
    vs. Storm. Both die to Decay. Eidolon does survive the Massacre though.
    vs Hypergenesis. I know, fringe deck. lol. Dismember kills both. Ingot Chewer kills only Canonist. Also of note, Shardless Agent gets around Canonist but not Eidolon.
    vs High Tide. Snap hits both equally.

Some situations, Eidolon would live where Canonist would not but is it worth it being a turn slower?

The new True Believer is alright but again, probably won't run it.

I like my hatebear sideboard package the way it is. Thalia is still overall the best Hate bear IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post

Honestly, I'm not sure why I don't see top and Spirit of the Labyrinth in these lists...any chance I can get a solid reason why?

Well for me, I can't find the space to run it. I like my deck the way it is. Secondly, in terms of hate bears I already run (in board) 2 thalia, 2 Phyrexian Revoker and 1 Gaddock Teeg.

Spirit is alright but can't find the room for it and I've already have a lot of x/1 guys, that's just asking to be stomped by a Zealous Persecution or Golgari Charm.

In terms of abilities I feel that...
    Thalia affects way more things than Spirit does and in conjunction with wasteland and Vindicate can be backbreaking.
    Revoker is good vs a lot of decks since most have something I can name....and yes that includes mana abilities of say Lion's Eye Diamond or Metalworker.
    Gaddock Teeg can shut down win cons.

Spirit can do a lot of sick things too, making Griselbrand more managable. Shutting down cantrips. But not enough to warrant taking over a spot.

Top can be played for sure. I don't but some lists I've seen have 1 or 2.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I will be testing a 1 of Spirit of the Labyrinth over the 3rd Thalia in my board this week. Just for funsies. I could see the new True Believer being solid because I can ETutor him up and he is only a single white, but I'm not really sure. The 3 mana ECanonist just seems... Bad.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post

Tested spirit in both, a vial version of dga and a "normal" version. Had some funny times in the vial build if you ruin someoneīs day with it. But in both cases I found him to be too situational to be in the main deck and too easy to answer as a solid sideboard choice. In my sideboard, I want that unfair hate. Not a fair reply.
    Regarding Top... Iīd play top if I managed to squeeze it in somewhere :/ I just had too many games it stalled and then still make me lose then games it turned the tables :/ But itīs good nevertheless. Synergy with bob is amazing.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Gah. Yeah I couldn't figure out what I would want to cut for top. Like if I am top decking, I am probably already behind anyway, so I figure the games where top may dig me out, it wont help anyway. I was thinking of splashing green a bit more for Sylvan Library, but meh. Not worth the splash. There's always Dark Tutelage ;)

I'm pretty sure that is way worse. I'm playing B/W in modern and I still wouldn't play tutelage.

Could always go the Gatekeeper of Malakir, Phyrexian Arena, Erebos route!

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrio View Post
    Could always go the Gatekeeper of Malakir, Phyrexian Arena, Erebos route!
    Someone locally was doing that... lol. Was that you? I think Segal was on like a 1 of Erebos at one point too. Either him or Parente.

I really wanna play gatekeeper... Maybe I'll change up my mana base tonight and try him out

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Someone locally was doing that... lol. Was that you? I think Segal was on like a 1 of Erebos at one point too. Either him or Parente.

I really wanna play gatekeeper... Maybe I'll change up my mana base tonight and try him out
    He's so good, having an edict that can't be Spell Pierce'd is the actual nut. He also makes Cabal Therapy a little more appealing since he's fucking useless after he kicks it.

Yeah. I cashed both locals I played in with that deck :). Played 2 or 3 Erebos and a few Bitterblossoms.

And about Dark Confidant, never said cut him. I think I could see myself going down to 3 or 2.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Well ran poorly tonight for the first time. I played pretty poorly. No excuses. I do think my deck is a little too far tuned to beat un fair decks. Makes it difficult to grind out vs the other BGx decks. May throw either the revokers or scullers to the board. Maybe I'll make room for a couple gate keepers

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Been playing so much Pack Rat in standard that I have implement it into my Deadguy as well. Its yet an other 2 dropp that is a must kill target or it will win the game. Also turns topdecks into rats, flooded lands into rats and the bad lategame draws of discard spells into rats.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

How has it been in testing?

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Went 3-0-1 Drew in the last round so we could go home. Didn't make any changes like I said I was going to. Played against 2 of the decks I lost to on Wednesday and crushed. Also somehow beat Elves. The Match up isn't as terrible when they dont draw the nuts apparently because in testing games before the tourney I was getting smashed. There were however a few times I wanted a stillmoon cavalier... May find room for 1 somewhere. Only change I think I will be making for now is a Pithing Needle over the Revoker in the board. Stage Depths is just such a miserable MU. Also I played an Isolated Chapel over Caves of Koilos. It was way better, so I'll eat crow on that one.
    Last edited by Megadeus; 04-19-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Looks like Wilkin got 13th at SCG DET, awesome!

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Nice! I still can't wrap my head around your list because of the numbers/choices of cards, but it seems to work!

Nice! I still can't wrap my head around your list because of the numbers/choices of cards, but it seems to work!
    Lol, I assume you mean me.

Yep Got 13th at Starcity Detroit. Believe me, most of my friends think my card choices and numbers are weird as heck but I do fine with it. I'll probably post a report later, just got home. I did live the dream again, I played against Show and Tell and I killed Emrakul with Shriekmaw. And against Young Pyromancer/Delver deck I had 8 Lingering Soul tokens out game 1. Against Esperblade I cast Bob turn 2.....and never took damage from him. 6 or 7 lands in a row.

Thread Information