Page 218 of 319 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 6380

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizso View Post
    Taking thoughtseize is also a line to take to get liliana rolling.
    True. I ended up taking BS, playing bob, he Thoughtseized my liliana, then played his own bob. Then I simply STP'd his bob and mine won me the game. Honestly there are multiple lines since my hand was obviously like the nuts, but I figure, in this MU, the worst that could have happened here was him brainstorming into like a TNN and throwing a Jitte on it or something stupid like that, so I just made it so we would both be top decking, except I would have active Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    True. I ended up taking BS, playing bob, he Thoughtseized my liliana, then played his own bob. Then I simply STP'd his bob and mine won me the game. Honestly there are multiple lines since my hand was obviously like the nuts, but I figure, in this MU, the worst that could have happened here was him brainstorming into like a TNN and throwing a Jitte on it or something stupid like that, so I just made it so we would both be top decking, except I would have active Bob.
    Liliana is thought one of the best things we can do against truename. If him doing storm into tnn is the worst he can do then Thoughtseize would be the best card to take. Already got the responce for tnn there. :P

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Liliana is thought one of the best things we can do against truename. If him doing storm into tnn is the worst he can do then Thoughtseize would be the best card to take. Already got the responce for tnn there. :P
    True. I guess my hand was lacking an answer to it if he rips it off the top like a champ and I am durdling around drawing irrelevant cards with Bob.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Interesting line of the night: I have DRS and 2 lands in play, I thoughtseize my Deathblade opponent, see: Bob, Thoughtseize, Brainstorm, Batterskull, 2x Lands. My hand has like Bob, STP, Liliana, Lingering Souls, and lands. What do you take? I chose Brainstorm since I have multiple removal for Bob so he can't thoughtseize it all away, then played my own bob. Right play?
    What had he done on his first turn? Ponder/tapped Tar Pit? Can't believe you were allowed to untap with an active DRS without getting seized.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I believe he did ponder. Which I guess means he probably drew seize off of ponder

Anyone got advice against those three colored cascade deck? You know, with ancestral recall. Whenever I fail to draw at least two wastelands early game it seems like they just overrun me.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Haven't played the MU yet, but it seems kinda rough. As what my usual plan is vs fair decks, I'd say your best plan is to land a Bob after stripping their removal and just try to out CA them.

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

A card thats rly strong against the cascade creatures are lifebane zombie as it hit both bloodbraid and shardless agent. Even seen some other have that card in some boards and pretty sure that is what they used the card for. Considering cascade decks are currently decks to beat. Having a card that is able to snatch them can really make or break the matchup.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I dont hate the card. May try it out at some point when I stop using the ETutor SB

Jul 2013
    Texas

DGA vs TA on camera now at scg open. Last round, both players 6-1

Congrats to Megadeus on his top8 at scgknox!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Congrats Megadeus. 2nd seed too. nice. Can't wait to see the match on replay tonight and a tournament report.

LOL, a friend messaged me that he saw Deadguy Ale on camera using Shriekmaw. I immediately thought someone saw my list on TC decks or Starcity or is a Sourcer, because Maindeck Shriekmaw is very fringe.

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

To bad he faced up with the only spell combo deck of storm there..

Both players kept mediocre hands gane 3, but unfortunately Megadeus missed a few swings with his DRS and storm comboed at 1 life after ripping runner runner

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Jul 2013
    Texas

That was Megadeus?! Nice! Man, you, segal, and wilkin are giving me something to aim for at SCG NJ

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Question is how good where the Stillmoon?
    Hymn compared to other discard like Cabal Therapy with them Lingering Souls?
    And hoqw good where the revokers main?
    And did you get to use the choke?

And did you miss having extra removal for all them Delvers like Disfigures?

Gz to top8! Keep up the work!
    Last edited by Rizso; 05-12-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Just watched the feature match. Glad to see the Shriekmaw on camera.

How was the Pontiff? I've considered putting one in the board as well. And where do those Spirit tokens come from? The Starcity ones of course. I've never seen those before and they look really cool.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Gz to top8! Keep up the work!
    Thanks guys! Ill write up a report maybe tomorrow or something. I'd like to thank Wilkin for the Shriekmaw tech as well as your list inspired me to run the second vindicate which was AWESOME all day. Stone Rain was very good all day. And Nedleeds for the Stillmoon tech. Again, didn't actually draw it much, but it was a fine card.

Stillmoon was fine. Like I didn't draw it too much, but having an oreo colored true name to randomly draw is nice. I can't think of any games where I even cast it this weekend (just because it always got discarded)

Hymn as compared to therapy: I do like therapy a lot. However, the number of times you derp discard all of their good stuff with Hymn is awesome. I cited mana issues to why I cut it before, however I added it back in as a good card vs essentially everything other than aggro, since my SB for fair decks was a bit underwhelming. I wouldn't tell anyone that wants to play
    Therapy is wrong though.

Revoker I liked a lot. Segal hates it. Most people don't play it, I like having it vs combo. It was clutch in allowing me to win multiple game ones vs ANT and Sneak and Show.

I cast choke once all day, and it won the game. As it almost always does. Wouldn't cut it as it is one of the best cards to drop vs miracles.

Instead of like disfigure, I had the 4 STP and shriekmaw, which is way better vs Spell Pierce and Tarmogoyf. Also I dont generally care about delver. Not only do I have removal, Lingering souls destroys the card.

Like I said, I was feeling it all weekend, keeping bad hands and getting rewarded because apparently, some god, somewhere, wanted me to win. I'll write up something in much more detail tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Edit: Pontiff did get boarded in more than ZP actually, however again I don't think I ever cast it (such is what happens to random non tutorable 1-ofs in a non brainstorm deck)

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

For whoever may be interested in reading my book, I mean tournament report: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...567#post811567

Jul 2013
    Texas

My adventures in 2-2ing continued tonight. I ran this list with a couple changes:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...618#post808618

Main: -1 Shriekmaw, -2 IoK, +1 SDT, +2 Hymn
    Side: -1 Surgical extraction, +1 Pithing Needle

Rd 1: tezzaffinitythopters. I had no clue what to do here except pray to draw Zealous Persecution. In game 2 I windmilled a Needle on Thopter Foundry turn 1. I don't know if that was wrong. he had it, but he also had cranial plating and etched champion and artifact lands so whatever. I think if i had it to do over again i would've needled Plating because I have other outs to Foundry like zealous, EE, etc.

Rd 2: 12post. I won game 1, lost game 2 after a mull to 6, then lost game 3. In game 3 i had revoker on Expedition Map and Needle on Eye of Ugin, then played Humility. My opponent thought it was the other way around and fetched an Ulamog with Eye. I didn't remember until his next draw step that it was illegal. We called a judge, he ended up shuffling Ulamog, peeling repeal, bouncing my needle and fetching Ulamog anyway to blow up Humility. Whatever again.

Rd. 3: Food Chain. Game 1 was hilarious — he tidespout tyranted away my whole board, but i peeled STP and was able to rebuild. Game 2 he tidespout tyranted away my whole board and I didn't peel STP. Game 3 I had a sword of fire and ice on Thalia and two active DRS.

Rd. 4: UR delver. My opponent seemed a little mull-happy. He went to 6 game 1, then I IoK'd turn 1, took his only action (TNN) then won. Game 2 I kept a five-lander and almost got there but flipped Souls to Bob when I was at 3. Game 3 was an epic stalemate: I had an active Jitte, but he had double bolt open and TNN in play so even though i kept getting counters I never felt comfortable going for the win. He also played Blood Moon which kept me off Gatekeeper mana which was super annoying. Eventually I punched through enough times with Souls to win with myself at 3.

I believe in the deck still but man my store's meta is wonky. I just wish I got to play against Delver and Deathblade like everyone else.

Thread Information