Page 268 of 320 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 6383

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    Just to jump in on the recent card and grim flayed ideas:
    - New card looks great for legacy until you ask yourself what the hell you cut to make room for him. I could see him being in the SB. You really need to convince me about the main deck (echoing sentiments from others above me).

-Flayer stretches the manabase too much but omg the potential.
    Flayer, Confidant, SFM, Liliana as the core. Then consider Bloodghast, Therapy, Souls, Darkblast, Loam as grave fodder that's still serviceable if you dump it in the grave. Just junk BWg ideas.

But of all things, I think a BW taxes list with 2-3 confidants or tidehollows is where I wanna be with the deck. Too much value and CA. Thought seize and Zealous in the sideboard with perhaps the 3 drop or a lone Vindicate is gravy.
    Yeah I like the potential of a BWg taxes type list. Mostly a humans build but with Deathrites and Stoneforge. Since the build I envision seeing plays Cavern of Souls, I don't think you could run Tidehollow Sculler.

I like Grim Flayer too. But I think it could that sort of stretches the manabase imo. I think Flayer is great in a BG rock deck. 4 Grim Flayer, 4 Tarmogoyf, 4 Dark Confidant and 4 Deathrite Shaman.

As far as Kambal is concerned. It's a very good card but I don't think I can really fit it in the 75. I've already tested Sanctum Prelate and it's versatile vs many matchups. Kambal is best vs Storm but other combo decks, even ones with little to no creatures can overpower us. It would also go in vs control decks and burn but again I'd prefer other Hate bears in those situations. A card like Prelate prevents opponents from casting key cards. Kambal doesn't actually stop anything, it just makes them take a little pain for it. Eventually that could add up but I prefer the Prelate over Kambal for sure. Also 3 mana is a lot for a hate creature. Prelate is an exception to the rule IMHO

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yeah I would like Kambal if this deck were more aggressive. This deck doesn't really punish the opponents life total though so the opponent can afford to cast a few spells
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Played a GPT for Chiba. 5 rounds cut to top 8. 17 players I believe. Was the first seed going with 3 wins and 2 Intentional Draws. Lost in Quarters to Grixis Delver. Mulling to oblivion in game 1 did me in.

Same list as last time except for Sanctum Prelate being in for Thalia 1.0. Never saw Prelate. Of course I only boarded it in once. The meta I was in was warped. No Miracles. 6 Chalice decks. Everything from Goblin Stompy to Eldrazi to Mud. Also several Delver decks were there, 1 Elves player, at least 2 Death and Taxes, another Deadguy player (someone I've never seen before but somehow knew who I was. LOL, I guess that comes with the territory being known as the guy that almost always plays Deadguy). The only unfair deck in the room was 1 Dredge player.

Beat MUD, Goblin Stompy and UR Delver. Only boarded in Prelate vs UR Delver and never saw it in game 2 or 3. A friend of mine was supposed to come and for his sake I'm glad he didn't. He was going to play a Maverick type deck with 4 maindeck Sanctum Prelate. With the meta the way it was today, Prelate would not have been much more than a Grey Ogre.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Nice top 8. I'm not sold on prelate yet. I mean the card is obviously ridiculously powerful. It just seems difficult finding him a home. How do you like him on the board? Do you bring him in against miracles? Think you're more prone to name 1 or 6? Think 3 for him versus 2 for Thalia may matter in the combo matches?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thanks. Although I find Chalice to be a bit annoying it's very beatable. My Goblin Stompy opponent chaliced for 1 on his turn 1. I had Chrome Mox (Imprinting Deathrite Shaman) into Dark Confidant.

Yeah because Prelate is 3 mana, I don't think playing too many is a good idea. I'm still going to have Gaddock Teeg and Revoker in my board and the fact they come down a turn earlier is huge. Prelate is ok vs combo but not great because we could be dead by the time she comes into play. The effect is super powerful but being one more mana than hate bears is very significant.

But Prelate is nice to have in certain matchups as some decks are very streamlined in their mana curve. Yeah against Miracles it's dependant on board state. Could be 1. Could be 6. Could be 4 for Jace. I still like Teeg over Prelate as Teeg hits many more things.

Also vs creature centric decks Prelate is very bad. I'm going with just one for the moment in the board. I can't bring myself to play it main because my deck has 25 spells in it and I have a ton of 3 drops already. 3 Liliana, 1 Sword of Fire and Ice, 3 Lingering Souls and 2 Vindicate is a lot for Legacy already.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Nice top 8. I'm not sold on prelate yet. I mean the card is obviously ridiculously powerful. It just seems difficult finding him a home. How do you like him on the board? Do you bring him in against miracles? Think you're more prone to name 1 or 6? Think 3 for him versus 2 for Thalia may matter in the combo matches?
    I would have it in the borad. Main if Storm and similar combo decks are big in the meta.

I bought a Prelate but I don't know what to cut in my sideborad. Prelate are better hate but cost 1 mana more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Yeah I like the potential of a BWg taxes type list. Mostly a humans build but with Deathrites and Stoneforge. Since the build I envision seeing plays Cavern of Souls, I don't think you could run Tidehollow Sculler.

I like Grim Flayer too. But I think it could that sort of stretches the manabase imo. I think Flayer is great in a BG rock deck. 4 Grim Flayer, 4 Tarmogoyf, 4 Dark Confidant and 4 Deathrite Shaman.
    I agree, probablly better in a deck where the BG in the main colors.

Here is the deck I will play on wensday:

4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Abrupt Decay

4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Grim Flayer
    1 Mirran Crusader

1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

4 Thoughtseize
    2 Lingering Souls
    1 Council's Judgment
    2 Hymn to Tourach

2 Liliana of the Veil

4 Marsh Flats
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Windswept Heath
    4 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    2 Bayou
    3 Wasteland
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Forest

SB: 1 Nihil Spellbomb
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 1 Manriki-Gusari
    SB: 2 Zealous Persecution
    SB: 1 Maelstrom Pulse
    SB: 1 Hymn to Tourach
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Choke
    SB: 1 Kor Firewalker
    SB: 1 Gaddock Teeg

Add
    +2 Grim Flayer
    +1 Forest

Removed:
    -1 Mirrian Crusader
    -1 Hero of the Bladehold
    -1 Swamp

I like the Mirran and Hero but they cost 3 and 4. So add Grim will lower the mana but still can be a threat.
    Last edited by Ganfar; 09-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    Add
    +2 Grim Flayer
    +1 Forest

Removed:
    -1 Mirrian Crusader
    -1 Hero of the Bladehold
    -1 Swamp

I like the Mirran and Hero but they cost 3 and 4. So add Grim will lower the mana but still can be a threat.
    If you need a "beater" or "blocker" at 2CC, and could accept "G" in its mana cost...

Tarmogoyf, please.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

4 Thoughtseize
    I would play almost the same, except I would change the following:
    -1 Thoughtseize
    +1 Cabal Therapy

Idea comes from Wilkin, but the main idea behind it, is that is goes better with Grim Slayers ability, and after you used a SFM or BoB or Spirit or even a DRS to it's full content, you can sacrifice it to therapy for extra disruption. You know that sometimes it's needed.

Also, I currently have 1 extra waste, 1 less scrub (because I don't have it) one less fetch and one extra karakas. I know it's random, but it can help you in a pinch versus some matchups.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

I want 4-0 with my list on my LGS yesterday. My two Grim Flayer really did a good job.

E.g

Grim Flayer with SoFaI, combat damage=ponder
    Grim Flayer with Batterskullwon the game because he had trample.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    If you need a "beater" or "blocker" at 2CC, and could accept "G" in its mana cost...

Tarmogoyf, please.
    I have played with goyf and yes, he is a good beater. But that is only thing goyf is good.
    Grim can help find the right cards and dump the bad one cards in the graveyard.

Grim is a value creture that can become a good beater later.

Quote Originally Posted by Xod View Post
    I would play almost the same, except I would change the following:
    -1 Thoughtseize
    +1 Cabal Therapy

Idea comes from Wilkin, but the main idea behind it, is that is goes better with Grim Slayers ability, and after you used a SFM or BoB or Spirit or even a DRS to it's full content, you can sacrifice it to therapy for extra disruption. You know that sometimes it's needed.

Also, I currently have 1 extra waste, 1 less scrub (because I don't have it) one less fetch and one extra karakas. I know it's random, but it can help you in a pinch versus some matchups.
    It could be cool to put Cabal in the graveyard with Grim and then use it.

But I am not a fan with Cabal if the deck don't have creture you get value for sac or something that makes you see oppnments hand.

I want a karakas but I haven't buy one yet. I don't know what to cut either.

Played another small tournament. 19 players. Made top 8 at 3-1-1 and lost in quarters. Doing that quite a bit lately, unfortunately. Make top 8 and proceed to lose.

Same old list except I took out a Surgical Extraction in board for a Palace Jailer. Wanted to try the card out as I feel it's a bit under rated and I feel it's ok vs the Miracles decks I anticipated facing. Post board they run Baneslayer Angels. So I figured Palace Jailer is removal and card advantage.

Round 1. BG Depths. Win 2-0
    I have too much interaction for him to deal with. I Thoughtseize away his Not of this World. He has a Needle for my Karakas and uses Stage to make a 20/20.....which I send farming with Plowshares.
    Game 2 is much the same.

Round 2. Burn. Win 2-1.
    I lose game 1 to a topdeck burn spell. But without lifegain I wasn't going to stabilize. Game 2. Jitte, Batterskull and Lingering Souls. GG.
    Game 3. Hero of Bladehold plus 2 Soul tokens put him on a 1 turn clock to kill me at 7 life. He didn't get there and had a stranded Smash to Smithereens and no targets.

Round 3. Thalia Stompy. Lose 2-1
    2 Thalias are better than 1 game 1. Game 2 I was able to kill everything. Game 3. A close game with me at 1 life and him at 2. Eldrazi Displacer was able to kill enough tokens to win the game.

Round 4. Painter. Win 2-0
    His turn 1 is Welder. My turn 1 is Stoneforge Mystic into Jitte. Game 2 I hold him off of Painter combo and reduce the game to Simian spirit Guide, Imperial Recruiter and welder ground war vs Mystic, lingering Souls and a Deathrite.

Round 5. Shardless. lose 2-1
    Attrition war that I lose in 3. He draws too many cards game 1. He can't handle Gideon game 2. Game 3. He topdecks Decay for my Bob and later another Decay for Rest in Peace.

Never got to see Palace Jailer in action, probably going to leave it in for a while. Didn't miss Surgical Extraction. A lot less Miracles and Combo where I am right now, which just suits me fine.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Played another small tournament. 19 players. Made top 8 at 3-1-1 and lost in quarters. Doing that quite a bit lately, unfortunately. Make top 8 and proceed to lose.

Same old list except I took out a Surgical Extraction in board for a Palace Jailer. Wanted to try the card out as I feel it's a bit under rated and I feel it's ok vs the Miracles decks I anticipated facing. Post board they run Baneslayer Angels. So I figured Palace Jailer is removal and card advantage.

Never got to see Palace Jailer in action, probably going to leave it in for a while. Didn't miss Surgical Extraction. A lot less Miracles and Combo where I am right now, which just suits me fine.
    I never thought of Palace Jailer in this deck. I like it. Even if you don't get a creture against Miracales, you will draw extra cards. Please, report when you get to play it.

Have anyone tested Thalia, Heretic Cathar in the deck? I think she can be good in our deck too. Probablly add her in main for a Mirran Crusader if the meta is managreddy and unfair. She also has a W instead of WW.

I never thought of Palace Jailer in this deck. I like it. Even if you don't get a creture against Miracales, you will draw extra cards. Please, report when you get to play it.

Have anyone tested Thalia, Heretic Cathar in the deck? I think she can be good in our deck too. Probablly add her in main for a Mirran Crusader if the meta is managreddy and unfair. She also has a W instead of WW.
    Yeah for sure.

I've only seen Jailer in my hand once so far in boarding and I didn't get to play it as it was thoughtseized away. I felt it's a decent card vs Miracles but also ok vs other decks such as Death and Taxes, Eldrazi, Show and Tell, Shardless etc.

I have a friend who's on Thalia Stompy and has given rave reviews on Jailer. He's running one main and one board atm.

I've been playing Legacy for a long time, mostly Team America, TES and Miracles. I've had a bit of a break but now, I'm considering playing more tournaments. But I haven't decided upon a deck yet. I really like Deadguy Ale, because it's a very good Dark-Confidant-deck, because it can pack toolboxes, and maybe because I consider the deck to be what is left of monoblack suicide, my first deck. I'll post the list I have in mind and would like to hear your thoughts.

1 Plains
    1 Swamp
    4 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    4 Marsh Flats
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Karakas
    4 Wasteland
    2 Chrome Mox

4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Pack Rat
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Knight of the Reliquary

3 Thoughtseize
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Bitterblossom
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

General feedback is welcome. My specific questions are:
    1) Is Shriekmaw worth the slot as a tutorable spot removal?
    2) Has anyone really tried the Recruiter-toolbox? It gets every creature in the deck and - most importantly - it gets Gaddock Teeg. I'm pondering Maverick as a deck, too, one big reason being that it can easily tutor up combo hate with Green Sun's Zenith. Recruiter is kind of a substitute for GSZ that requires more mana but can tutor up Confidant, Stoneforge and Pack Rat.
    3) Has anyone tried Pack Rat in Deadguy Ale? It hits hard and there's stuff to discard (Lingering Souls, Chrome Mox, ...).
    4) What are your main reasons to play Deadguy Ale over Maverick specifically? What does DA do better (or worse) against say Miracles, Storm combo, Delver, and Death and Taxes?
    5) Am I missing toolbox-creatures for Recruiter?

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Tourach View Post
    I've been playing Legacy for a long time, mostly Team America, TES and Miracles. I've had a bit of a break but now, I'm considering playing more tournaments. But I haven't decided upon a deck yet. I really like Deadguy Ale, because it's a very good Dark-Confidant-deck, because it can pack toolboxes, and maybe because I consider the deck to be what is left of monoblack suicide, my first deck. I'll post the list I have in mind and would like to hear your thoughts.

1 Plains
    1 Swamp
    4 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    4 Marsh Flats
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Karakas
    4 Wasteland
    2 Chrome Mox

4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Tidehollow Sculler
    1 Pack Rat
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Knight of the Reliquary

3 Thoughtseize
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Bitterblossom
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

General feedback is welcome. My specific questions are:
    1) Is Shriekmaw worth the slot as a tutorable spot removal?
    2) Has anyone really tried the Recruiter-toolbox? It gets every creature in the deck and - most importantly - it gets Gaddock Teeg. I'm pondering Maverick as a deck, too, one big reason being that it can easily tutor up combo hate with Green Sun's Zenith. Recruiter is kind of a substitute for GSZ that requires more mana but can tutor up Confidant, Stoneforge and Pack Rat.
    3) Has anyone tried Pack Rat in Deadguy Ale? It hits hard and there's stuff to discard (Lingering Souls, Chrome Mox, ...).
    4) What are your main reasons to play Deadguy Ale over Maverick specifically? What does DA do better (or worse) against say Miracles, Storm combo, Delver, and Death and Taxes?
    5) Am I missing toolbox-creatures for Recruiter?
    Hi! Welcome to DeadGuy Ale. Nice with your own decklist. Personally, I don't like ChromeMox in this deck becasue you lose a card to maybe be a turn faster.

I would remove 2 Bitterbloom for two Lingering Souls. You can get more tokens faster with Lingering Souls and you can take with two tokens the turn after. You don't lose life and the Gofy likes when there is a Bitterblossom in the graveyard.

I want more Tidehollow Scruller. He is really good aganist your worst match-ups. Get two more in there.

1) Shriekmaw cost 5 mana and with Dark Confidant trigger, it will hurt. Other then that I think it's find tutorable spot removal.
    2) I have been think to test Recruiter but I think it's too slow. GSZ puts the creture in play, Recruiter puts it in the hand. If you play with Aether Vail, it becomes hotter.
    3) I haven't test with Pack Rat, I think it's too much mana to invest.
    4) The reason to run DA is it's the only deck that can have 4 Dark Confidant. It's a grindy deck that has good match-up in fair magic and still okey against combo(Still not good but descent.
    Miracles: This is 50/50 match-up. You can grind them down and our two drops is really good.
    Strom: Bad match-up after sideborad we got a lot of hate and just hope they don't combo turn 2.
    Delver: Delver is a good match-up. We can deal with everything.
    Death and Texes: If they don't wasteland us, we have more removel and CA to grind them out.

Mini Tournament report. 12 players or so. 5 rounds cut to top 4. I was 3 wins and 2 draws in the swiss. Lost in the finals.

Same 75 as last time. Got to test Palace Jailer this time. Vs Miracles and Aggro Loam.

Round 1. 2-1 Aggro Loam
    Game 1 he lands an early Chalice of the Void which sucks since I had 2 Plows and a 1 mana discard spell. He also has a Sylvan Library out. I'm able to deal with the first Knight of the Reliquary with a 5 mana Shriekmaw. But he has a 2nd one and a Scavenging Ooze. I get greedy and try and swing with all my Lingering Souls (one had Batterskull on it) but he decays the Equipped Creature and kills me on the swingback.

Game 2. A slowish start for both of us, eventually he lands a Knight of the Reliquary. Perfect. I land Palace Jailer, getting Monarch and exiling his Knight. Some people are watching the match and are going what the heck is that? lol. He has a Library later on but without a fetch he's not seeing much. A beat him down with a Monarch and a couple of Lingering Souls tokens. The finished was casting a Gideon for the +1/+1 emblem which my opponent didn't realize I could do. Monarch drew me at least 5 cards.

Game 3. He mulls to 5 I believe. He green sun's for a Knight. On my turn 3 I play a land, play a Chrome Mox imprinting Swords to PLowshares and play the Jailer again. Lol. I out card advantage him again later having Bob and Stoneforge. Again Monarch drew me at least 5 cards.

Round 2. 2-0 UR Delver.
    Game 1 I'm on the play and Thoughtseize a Delver away and on turn 2 I Shriekmaw the other one. I then waste his 2 Volcanics and draws bricks for rest of the game.
    Game 2. His draws aren't that good again and I kill everything. He has a Sulfuric Vortex out but my Hero of Bladehold and Sanctum Prelate on 1 win the damage race.

Round 3. 2-1 I think. BG good stuff with stuff like Abyssal Persecutor and Tombstalker.
    1. I win attrition war. Bob too good and nice to me, I took no damage for 4 turns I think.
    2. Chalice and his Liliana too much for me.
    3. He mulls to oblivion and I waste whatever lands he did have. I use Lingering Soul tokens and a Batterskull to win.

Round 4 + 5 ID.

Top 4 are 2 Dead guy Ale decks, 1 Death and Taxes and 1 Miracles. lol. I have one my friends on Dead guy. Sideboard is slightly different but maindeck the same.

Round 6. Dead guy Mirror!! Win 2-0
    I am the higher seed so I go first. Our first 3 turns are mirror images. Land Deathrite turn 1. Land Bob turn 2. He reveals a Stoneforge I think that I therapy away the Jitte whereas I get my Sword of Fire and Ice online. He triple blocks my Bob with SOFI on it with a 2 Soul tokens, Bob and a Shaman. I elect to leave 1 token at the end. Hero of Bladehold does the clean up job.

Game 2. It's Lingering Souls vs Lingering Souls. Except he has more since he had 2 Sorceries to my 1. I go really low in life due to me leaving at least 1 token on my side alive. LOL, one sequence is I cast Shriekmaw for 5 to kill a token only for it to die on his turn to a Vindicate. I get the break by top decking a Jitte with 4 lands out. Equip and swing and use Jitte to kill last 2 Soul tokens.

Round 7. Miracles. Lose 2-1
    Game 1. Can't handle Jace. Damn Fateseal.
    Game 2. He scoops early to Teeg and Liliana. I guess his top revealed a whole whack of uncastable cards.
    game 3. Early Countertop too much for me to handle. I later had a Palace Jailer in hand but couldn't cast it because even if it resolved, he had a Clique with Karakas out and 2 Snapcaster Mages one in hand and one in play.

Happy I didn't make top 8 only to crash. And got some valuable intel on Jailer. So I don't think it's as great vs Miracles as I had hoped. Every version of Miracles runs Snapcaster Mages so they can get Monarch out of nowhere. Ouch. On the other hand, against Aggro Loam it was super awesome. Dealt with Knight permanently. Had a 2/2 dude to smash and drew like 5 cards in games 2 and 3.

But I'm good vs Aggro Loam decks already and also vs other decks I'd throw Jailer in versus like say Show and Tell decks. So it may be win more there and not shoring up a matchup I initially thought it would help.

Feb 2016
    Spain

Hi all

During last months I've been testing the following list:

Creatures 12:
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Stoneforge Mystic
    4x Dark Confidant

Other spells 26
    4x Swords to Plowshares
    4x Abrupt Decay
    3x Thoughtseize
    3x Hymn to Tourach
    3x Lingering Souls
    3x Liliana of the Veil
    1x Umezawa's Jitte
    1x Sword of fire and ice
    1x Batterskull
    3x Flex slots

Lands 22
    4x Marsh Flats
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Scrubland
    4x Wasteland
    3x Swamp
    2x Bayou
    1x Plains

What do you think are the best options for the flex slots right now?
    On 1cc:
    Cabal therapy
    Inquisition of Kozilek

On 2cc:
    Tidehollow Sculler
    Bitterblossom

On 3cc:
    Vindicate
    Council's Judgment

Others:
    Chrome Mox
    Hero of Bladehold
    Shriekmaw

Thanks and greetings.

For my answer to some questions.

-5 is a lot to flip for Shriekmaw. But I like the card. I understand if no one else likes it but it works for me. :)
    -Never tried the recruiter package. Mainly because my build of Deadguy has a ton of 3 drops already.
    -I'd say Deadguy is a bit worse than Maverick against Miracles because of Maverick probably plays more Sylvan Libraries and Decays than us. More than me for sure.
    -Against Storm I'd say Deadguy could get the edge because of Liliana of the Veil (making assumption we play more than Maverick does)
    -Against Delver I'd say Deadguy is more favoured because of more removal.
    -And same vs Death and Taxes, I feel Deadguy is better because of removal suite than Maverick. I play 14 cards that can kill creatures main for instance.

-Pack Rat is a good card but I feel it's a bit of a mana sieve.

I still love my Chrome Mox. A good chunk of the deck can compensate for the loss of the card easily.

Feb 2016
    Spain

Hi,

I don't know how many times did you hardcast Shriekmaw but I think that it isn't very common. Did you ever consider cards like Doom blade, Smother and even Victim of night?

I do hardcast Shriekmaw a fair bit. Because games with Deadguy are grindy it's nice to have the opportunity to 2 for 1 someone. Also it does avoid Spell Pierce, which is funny when that happens since my opponent usually pauses or taps mana, sometimes even casting it without realizing it doesn't work.

And while I haven't done it in a while, I've killed many an Emrakul off of a Show and Tell. Never really considered Smother or those other removal spells.

Feb 2016
    Spain

Ok, thx for your quick response. On the other hand, have you tested Tidehollow Sculler?
    On my experience he has been a decent card against combo and, in a lesser extent, Miracles.

Thread Information