So, I don't write too many tourny reports, but I felt like writing this one as I enjoyed the store, and there was excellent food across the street.

Anyhow, VS Games in San Francisco is awesome, and just recently opened. To celebrate this opening, they held a free legacy tournament with the following prize support:

Wasteland, Force of Will, Liliana.

Yes, I ended up with a wasteland (wanted the force of will to get some stuff for doomsday, but I digress)

The Business (deck):

4 Wasteland
4 Rishadan Port
4 Karakas
8 Plains
4 Mother of Runes
3 Phyrexian Revoker
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Stoneforge Mystic
2 Serra Avenger
3 Flickerwisp
3 Mangara of Corondor
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Umezawa's Jitte
4 AEther Vial
1 Batterskull
2 Horizon Canopy
2 Mirran Crusader
1 Cavern of Souls
2 Judge's Familiar
SB: 3 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist
SB: 2 Cataclysm
SB: 2 Oblivion Ring
SB: 1 Disenchant
SB: 1 Sword of Light and Shadow
SB: 1 Phyrexian Revoker
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 Wilt-Leaf Liege

Anyhow, I arrive, get my deck ready and talk to some legacy regulars. Much fun was had, and then it was off to round 1:

Round 1: Esper Stoneblade
Game one I had aether vial and thalia beats. Revoker on Jace just shuts it down.
Game 2: Got to a point where I cataclysmed, I honeslty don't remember much from this round.

Round 2: Hive Mind
I saw this guy playing Hive Mind from my tournament scouting, so my goal against him was to mulligan in judge's familiar in order to counter the pacts on my side. }

Game 1: I'm on the play (thank god), so I turn one aether vial. I then get port and thalia out. After a while he show and tells (just barely avoiding judge's familiar blowing him out). I bring Mangara to Class, he brings and Emrakul to Class. I then play my karakas and procede to win
Game 2: Rishadan port locks him out of mana, I get an ethersworn cannonist + thalia, and it just kind of ends.

I really shouldn't have won this matchup, I got ridiculously lucky. There is actually a sequel to this round

Round 3:MUD

game 1: Truly an epic. I have revoker on kudoltha forgemaster, he gets wurmcoil engine out (which I am blocking with thalia, and then promptly bouncing with my karakas before damage is dealt). I have a judge's familiar with a jitte that keeps on getting tapped down by staff of dominance, and I have a flickerwisp. It was honestly down to topdeck at this point. I just happened to topdeck mangara, and that broke parity
game 2: Keep a hand with cataclysm, I misplay and play it about 2 turns too early. I get punished for it.
Game 3: Mangara, Karakas, STP, Revoker, Port, Serra Avenger (on a mull to 6). Seemed pretty solid to me, and it worked out well (won the game just due to the insane amount of tempo I had from STP and the likes)

this match was definitely my favorite from the day

round 4-5 are draws.

Top 8, I'm 3rd seed. And I'm playing against my opponent who is....

QF: Hive Mind
Game 1: I'm on the play game 1, which I lose to 5 pacts. Nothing to see here folks.

Game 2: I don't remember what happened, but I won off of swinging with mom a ton of times

Game 3: The most stressful game I played in my life. Judge's Familiar was actually countering things (he miscounted his mana *PHEW*), he played 2 show and tells, and I had hit no combo hate (all of my permanent removal was in hand due to my land situation being: Karakas, Port, Port). I was basically pinging him for 1 each turn with mom. Each turn he could top-deck show and tell. It was the scariest game of magic I have played, since I really hate show and tell, and to know I was at the mercy of my opponent's top-deck was scary. Then I hit a plains. I then proceeded to play a thalia (which I had been holding in hand, since I was trying to keep him off of show and tell mana, and thalia wouldn't do it) and pass. The game was a blur from then on, but I won.

Semi-Finals: BUG Control, no shardless

I figured my best hand for this matchup would have either port + land + vial + STP, or Waste + Vial + STP, so I mulliganned accordingly:

Game 1: Win it off of mana starving him and swinging with batterskull

Game 2: Lost, not even worth talking about because I kept an idiotic hand

Game 3: Long long long long long game. There was a board state, post-pernicious deed, where he had the following:

Liliana, Null Rod (It was under an O-ring), and 5 mana open. So what do I do?

I play a mangara and cataclysm. It was awesome. I then lock up the game with a top-decked wasteland and a top-decked mirran crusader. It was boss.

After the game he told me his only goal for the tournament was to beat me (am I really that much of a local legend already?!). It was a really well-fought match.

Now on to the finals against

Jund
No explanation needed, it's Jund, so I lost. (good player, though)

I came in 2nd, and I had a lovely time. To make things short and sweet

Top 8:
Dragon Stompy
2x Rug Delver
Death and Taxes (Me :3 ) NOT TEAM ROCKET CONTROL
BUG Control
UR Delver
Hive Mind
Jund

Props:
Store
Excellent Dim Sum Across the Street (easily the best Dim Sum I have eaten)
My friend Dara on UR Delver who finally got his first top 8! WOOT!
Judge's Familiar, for countering intuitions all day
Mangara, for winning too many games
My shiny new wasteland from getting 2nd
Dragon Stompy
Everyone who top 8d, you guys were awesome
Myself, who nearly went undefeated on the day.

Slops:
Poorly-timed cataclysm vs MUD
The Fact that Jund is a deck
Punishing Fire
Liliana
Tarmogoyf, specifically in Jund