Thread: U/W Artifact Aggro

U/W Artifact Aggro

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out if this deck i've been playing on MWS is viable. I've played it online against a few decks (revilark control, storm, burn) and it preformed fairly well. The Match against storm was almost laughable (i had surgical, leyline of sanctity, and mindbreak trap in the s/b). I'm thinking about maybe building it i.r.l. because it is dirt cheap to make. I already own the mox diamonds and the ancient tombs.

Lands/Accel
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Ancient Den
    4x Seat of Synod
    4x Glimmervoid
    4x Cavern of Souls
    2x City of Traitors
    4x Mox Diamond
    2x Mox Opal

Creatures
    4x Ethersworn Canonist
    4x Steel Overseer
    1x Phyrexian Metamorph
    4x Porcelain Legionnaire
    4x Master of Etherium
    4x Lodestone Golem

Equipment
    2x Umezawa's Jitte
    3x Cranial Plating

Instant
    4x Path to Exile

It would be nice to get some wastelands in here to make lodestone golem more effective. I think fitting a dismember in here would be nice. Trying to stick a voltaic key and/or Tezzeret in here would be cute but maybe unnecessary although some card draw might be nice. Possibly trying to get a creature with flying in here with some reach seems appealing also. I also like Phyrexian Revoker a lot. I'm fairly sure that 1 or 2 lands can be cut to make room for some more stuff but i'm still testing. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    baghdadbob, you're Team Scrubbad's spirit animal.

Re: U/W Artifact Aggro

how do you deal with a single: Energy Field / Humility / Ensnaring Bridge
    not to mention eventual chump blockers

I'd surely add Ornitopters to swing with Plating, and Aether Vial + Winter Orb for real advantage. You already play SIX moxes... Orbs are a must

Ravager also, takes rid of multiple Orbs/Moxes as well as already targeted/dead creatures in response to anything

Poron is pretty spot-on: taxation effects with Winter Orb will do what you want to be doing with Wasteland, and Ravager is great at eating multiple copies of things that you don't need.

I'd also advise taking a look at Dispatch - over Path to Exile - and Etched Champion - probably over Porcelain Legionnaire.

Oh I was forgetting: 4x Rishadan Port to assist Winter Orb

and if you should consider a little red splash for SB, you could add Shrapnel Blast in MD to kill in mid-range

As alternatives you could use the Sylvok Replica which is an Artifact (but doesn't have Aggro stats) or you could use a Dispeller's Capsule to solve the problem.

Thread Information