Quote Originally Posted by Ghost888 View Post
Just wondering what your card changes/choices would be and why.

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn - standard win con
2 Venser, Shaper Savant - standard win con
4 Teferi, Time Raveler - Must counter card or opponent cannot interact when you combo off

4 Brainstorm - standard cantrip
4 Ponder - standard cantrip
4 Preordain - standard cantrip but I want to get rid of
4 Sea Gate Restoration - think it is good utility card land or draw spells. (also allows you to have less lands)
4 Show and Tell - part of combo
4 Cunning Wish - part of combo
4 Force of Will - must have counters
4 Impulse - I prefer over preordain, I know it is more expensive but I like playing at instant speed. (refer card thoughts)
4 Omniscience - part of combo

2 Crystal Vein
4 Flooded Strand
1 Karakas
4 Prismatic Vista
5 Snow-Covered Island
1 Snow-Covered Plains

What are peoples thoughts on:
Lotus petal - I haven't tested enough but I don't think it is good. I understand you can combo on turn 1 or 2 but it requires you to have a perfect opening hand.
Ancient tomb - I don't like the life loss
City of traitors - I think it is a bad card as it can be awkward, I rather play Crystal Vein.

Creatures considerations (all have flash which you can replace the preordain and hold up instant cantrips):
Vendilion Clique
Brazen Borrower
Hullbreacher
You should try bant control I feel. On a combo deck with the new rule, you should probably aggressively mulligan for a hand that does something. The point of city of traitors is you win after you play it to get 2 mana for show and tell. The life loss of ancient tomb shouldn't matter because fast games are preferred on a combo deck. On a control list, you would be set up around going long. I play a spicy bant list that runs the snow lands, but drops Stoneforge on turn 2 instead of ice-fang coatl lol. And, 1 jitte, 1 kaldra over an uro and an endurance. Batterskull in the side for delver/burn