Re: [DTB] MonoU OmniTell

Dang... 2 MD and 1 SB seems risky lol.

That's a lot of slots...
    Macky - Blood Moon Gaming
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com
    Streaming Legacy - www.twitch.tv/Macky984

Simply, I like the card.. I find very easy to chain cantrips in this deck, so to be able to find the SnT, Boseiju or Omniscience you need in that exact turn/match has won me so many matches I can't count.

Like it a lot but not in the opening hand. Perfect turn 3 drop after a Brainstorm

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Simply, I like the card.. I find very easy to chain cantrips in this deck, so to be able to find the SnT, Boseiju or Omniscience you need in that exact turn/match has won me so many matches I can't count.

Like it a lot but not in the opening hand. Perfect turn 3 drop after a Brainstorm
    Wouldn't it be better before Brainstorm?
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

unclear as to what you mean by "after a brainstorm" but i do agree that it can really win u the match as far as finding the combo piece goes, to the point where i dont mind it in an opening hand at all, as it isnt variance prohibited like twin/split, and is really powerful & cheap tutor. There are times when i would much rather have the lim-duls opposed to a DTT as LDV gets you exactly what you need, whereas DTT can end up being pretty shitty at times, if you dont have the delving power, and it just sits in your hand hoping that when u can cast it it will give you exactly what you need -- wheras LDV is UB and gets u exactly what you need/want. The U/B version i've nicknamed "at any cost" and LDV seems to fit that theme perfectly.

no fetchlands, no Preoardains, bad cards in hand.

Brainstorm, put back 2 bad cards
    LD Vault to get rid of them and find your perfect draw

3 new cards + perfect draw. Instant speed

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

no fetchlands, no Preoardains, bad cards in hand.

Brainstorm, put back 2 bad cards
    LD Vault to get rid of them and find your perfect draw

3 new cards + perfect draw. Instant speed
    Please don't forget that actually hard-casting this makes you vulnerable to Wasteland. That's why I don't run it.
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

some list play 1 Swamp for corner situations but I like the opponent to waste USea, so they let live the next dropped Boseiju.

some list play 1 Swamp for corner situations but I like the opponent to waste USea, so they let live the next dropped Boseiju.
    yeah i run 1 swamp 1 underground and its completely fine, and ok i get what u mean about brainstorm now. In my experience watching the red spash it just gets completely decimated by wasteland, but in my testing with the light black it's been a non-issue -- not sure what other's experiences with this have been but would love to hear your opinions.

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

I play the red splash but I have no reason to fetch a Volc unless it's for Blood Moon or Pyroclasm. Most of my opponents don't even know I have Volcs in the deck. Lol
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Macky984 View Post
    I play the red splash but I have no reason to fetch a Volc unless it's for Blood Moon or Pyroclasm. Most of my opponents don't even know I have Volcs in the deck. Lol
    You will be foolish to fetch a volc game 1. There are no red cards needed.

When the red cards ARE needed, its against matchups with no wastelands.

Hi all general question on those running red splash:

What do you take out for the Young Pyromancers? In a black infested meta do you board them in and take out some cantrips? Lastly if you were to cut cantrips whichone is correct to board out Ponder or Preordain?
    Currently playing: BUG Nic Fit (combo /or control version)

Quote Originally Posted by sumbahdy View Post

What do you take out for the Young Pyromancers? In a black infested meta do you board them in and take out some cantrips? Lastly if you were to cut cantrips whichone is correct to board out Ponder or Preordain?

I honestly never side out cantrips

I see people side out 2 show and tell, some people 2 gitaxian.. With black i take out Force of Will

There is a lot of interpretation about side in out with red splash

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by sumbahdy View Post

The matchups where you need to side in young pyros are the matchups such as miracles and mirror. In this case, you really shouldn't try to combo off, its best to be on the reactive side. Especially against the mirror. The young pyros put pressure on miracles and on the mirror. The mirror you need to sculpt the perfect hand. THe player who doesn't cast show and tell usually has the advantage. You side out 2-3 shows for the young pyros. Take out the spell pierces for REBs

In a black meta, you should play mono blue. Just play leylines. Take out a show and tell, and 2 counters. and a probe

Hello people. Long story short, I've been playing Legacy for a couple of months and this deck for about a month now. Deck seems to be powerful and straightforward enough for me to perform decentish, but I'm really not sure about sideboarding, so I'd appreciate if you could give me some tips. I'll put my SB strategies below so that you can tell what exactly am I doing wrong ;)

The list:

MD

6 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Crystal Vein

4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Spell Pierce

1 Split Decision

4 Show and Tell
    4 Cunning Wish

4 Force of Will

4 Dig Through Time

4 Omniscience

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

SB

2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 Young Pyromancer
    2 Sudden Shock
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Electrickery
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Trickbind
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Eladamri's Call

My current sideboarding strategies for some matchups that I've faced so far:

D&T
    IN 1 Pyroclasm, 2 Sudden Shock
    OUT 2 Spell Pierce, 1 Cunning Wish

I'm bringing in some burn to be able to kill Cannonists and the like without wasting time on Wishing.

Reanimator
    IN 1 Pyroblast, 1 Eladamri's Call, 2 Boseiju
    OUT 2 Gitaxian Probe, 1 Cunning Wish, 1 Crystal Vein

Pyroblast and Boseijus to have a better time against counters, Call acts as an extra Emrakul in case I'll get into Omniscience vs Iona situation. Not sure if I should be bringing Pyromancers in this matchup, seems not fast enough?..

Miracles
    IN 1 Pyroblast, 2 Young Pyromancer, 2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All, 1 Sudden Shock
    OUT 2 Cunning Wish, 2 Crystal Vein, 2 Show and Tell

Pyromancers to get early pressure going, Boseijus against counters, Pyroblast agains anything blue, one Shock because I'll probably want to get rid of a Cannonist or Mentor at some point, but don't want to bring too much burn.

Mirror
    IN 1 Pyroblast, 2 Young Pyromancer, 1 Wipe Away, 1 Electrickery if opponent is also splashing red
    OUT 2 Show and Tell, 2-3 Gitaxian Probe

Pyromancers for the early pressure, Wipe Away to bounce Omni without the need to win the stack battle.

Aluren
    IN 1 Trickbind
    OUT 1 Spell Pierce

Trickbind to have an extra card that deals with Reclamation Sage or stops Cavern Harpy from bouncing. In this matchup I just want to fill my hand with instants before casting Show and Tell, similar to the mirror. Cabal Therapy can be problematic though, perhaps Pyromancers should come in?

Burn
    IN Nothing?

BUG
    IN 2 Boseiju, 1 Pyroblast
    OUT 2 Crystal Vein, 1 Gitaxian Probe

Protection from counters.

I guess this will do for now.

On a slightly different note, what do you think about having a single Keranos in SB? Probably in place of Sudden Shock. I haven't tried him yet, but seems like he could do some work against Miracles, acting as both an alternative S&T target and just as a castable threat. I can imagine casting S&T, putting Keranos into play against my opponent's Cannonist or some other bear. Probably too cute, but I think I'll give it a try.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by genuine fugazi View Post
    Hello people. Long story short, I've been playing Legacy for a couple of months and this deck for about a month now. Deck seems to be powerful and straightforward enough for me to perform decentish, but I'm really not sure about sideboarding, so I'd appreciate if you could give me some tips. I'll put my SB strategies below so that you can tell what exactly am I doing wrong ;)

The list:

MD

6 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Crystal Vein

4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Spell Pierce

1 Split Decision

4 Show and Tell
    4 Cunning Wish

4 Force of Will

4 Dig Through Time

4 Omniscience

SB

2 Young Pyromancer
    2 Sudden Shock
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Electrickery
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Trickbind
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Eladamri's Call

D&T

I'm bringing in some burn to be able to kill Cannonists and the like without wasting time on Wishing.

Reanimator

Pyroblast and Boseijus to have a better time against counters, Call acts as an extra Emrakul in case I'll get into Omniscience vs Iona situation. Not sure if I should be bringing Pyromancers in this matchup, seems not fast enough?..

Miracles

Pyromancers to get early pressure going, Boseijus against counters, Pyroblast agains anything blue, one Shock because I'll probably want to get rid of a Cannonist or Mentor at some point, but don't want to bring too much burn.

Mirror
    IN 1 Pyroblast, 2 Young Pyromancer, 1 Wipe Away, 1 Electrickery if opponent is also splashing red

Pyromancers for the early pressure, Wipe Away to bounce Omni without the need to win the stack battle.

Aluren
    IN 1 Trickbind
    OUT 1 Spell Pierce

Trickbind to have an extra card that deals with Reclamation Sage or stops Cavern Harpy from bouncing. In this matchup I just want to fill my hand with instants before casting Show and Tell, similar to the mirror. Cabal Therapy can be problematic though, perhaps Pyromancers should come in?

Burn
    IN Nothing?

BUG

On a slightly different note, what do you think about having a single Keranos in SB? Probably in place of Sudden Shock. I haven't tried him yet, but seems like he could do some work against Miracles, acting as both an alternative S&T target and just as a castable threat. I can imagine casting S&T, putting Keranos into play against my opponent's Cannonist or some other bear. Probably too cute, but I think I'll give it a try.
    You may want to go two Emmy's just to chain timewalks.

2 sudden shock and 1 pyroclasm is enough. you don't really need another board wipe. You may need more counters in the board.

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    You will be foolish to fetch a volc game 1. There are no red cards needed.

When the red cards ARE needed, its against matchups with no wastelands.
    There are actually no red cards period in game one.. Lol.

I wouldn't say that the red cards are only brought in against matchups with no Wastelands... Blood Moon is really solid against delver and stoneblade decks.. which run Wastelands. Pyroclasm is solid against plenty of decks that run Wasteland. Some people run Young Pyro... and it's totally fine to fetch a Volc to cast Young Pyro. If it gets wasted than so be it.
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by genuine fugazi View Post

The list:

MD

6 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Crystal Vein

4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Spell Pierce

1 Split Decision

4 Show and Tell
    4 Cunning Wish

4 Force of Will

4 Dig Through Time

4 Omniscience

SB

2 Young Pyromancer
    2 Sudden Shock
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Electrickery
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Trickbind
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Eladamri's Call

D&T

Reanimator

Miracles

Mirror

Aluren
    IN 1 Trickbind
    OUT 1 Spell Pierce

Burn
    IN Nothing?

BUG

I'd take out Split Decision and put Impulse in it's place. Split Decision is only good if it has help from something else. Impulse let's you go four cards deep by itself.

You want to run two Emmys also.
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com

Went 3-1 with U/B Omni good for 5th place, had to bail on top 8 from a massive migraine, and everyone wanted to split anyway so it was cool, but wouldve liked to try n' take it all home.

1. Snuff Out felt like it should be replaced by Toxic Deluge or Slaughter Pact, leaning towards Slaughter Pact.

2. Lim-Dul's Vault is completely bonkers for finding combo piece or finding a massacre or other sided in hate card, and is again 100% RtA kill, watched another omni player fizzle with his impulse which wouldnt happen with Split/twin/LDV.

3. Leylines could probably be replaced with Thoughtseizes out of the SB but theres a lot of burn and discard in my meta so im keeping them in there, but having the seizes would make the mirror matchup better for sure. If you go for that then definitely run 2 seas and 1 swamp

I went

Burn 2-1
    Lost g2 had to mull to 5 with no-landers at 7 and 6, but got the leyline at 5 so i kept it and with 1 island i wouldve won after 12 passing turns - g1 and g3 i just smashed face.

Death n Taxes - 2-1 - Resolved a DTT which usually means a win but it was a 6 land dig, and couldnt get combo together - g1 and g3 smashed face.

U/R omni - 0-2- G1 was close, but he was able to assemble instants quicker than i could get rid of my sorceries, so he won. G2 Young Pyro clock and he had a hand full of counter magic, no chance.

Mono U Omni - 2-0 G1, draw pass , draw pass for awhile until i hit a probe to see no omni in his hand and proceeded to go off. G2 - Basically it boiled down to him casting impulse on my end step, and then me casting LDV on his.

4 Show and Tell
    6 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Force of Will
    4 Cunning Wish
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Dig Through Time
    4 Preordain
    4 Omniscience
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Flooded Strand
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 City of Traitors
    2 Lim-Dûl's Vault
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Swamp

SB: 1 Firemind's Foresight
    SB: 1 Eladamri's Call
    SB: 1 Trickbind
    SB: 1 Wipe Away
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Massacre
    SB: 1 Release the Ants
    SB: 1 Rushing River
    SB: 1 Dig Through Time
    SB: 1 Ravenous Trap
    SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    SB: 3 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 Snuff Out

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    You may want to go two Emmy's just to chain timewalks.

2 sudden shock and 1 pyroclasm is enough. you don't really need another board wipe. You may need more counters in the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky984 View Post
    I'd take out Split Decision and put Impulse in it's place. Split Decision is only good if it has help from something else. Impulse let's you go four cards deep by itself.

You want to run two Emmys also.
    I used to play Impulse, but I've found the ability to go for the insta-kill or to grab Trickbind + Call in the mirror with just a single Cunning Wish very valuable. Gonna try 2 Emrakuls though, thanks.

Woohoo!

DTT not banned :D

Thread Information