Page 103 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Feb 2015
    Berkeley, CA

Re: [DTB] MonoU OmniTell

Quote Originally Posted by Baum View Post
    If you're playing mono blue, you obviously don't have Pyromancer and the combo is your only way to win.

The easiest way to win through the combo is EOT Cunning Wish for Wipe Away and then Show & Tell on your turn. Once S&T resolves, you get priority again and can Wipe Away their Omniscience. It should be rather easy to win from there.

Some general advice for the mirror (UR or mono U):

1) I prefer to draw first. The mirror is all about card advantage and one more land drop doesn't really matter, since you rarely want to go off on turn 3 anyway. Once both players have Omniscience in play, the one with more instants in hand usually wins. I'm lacking test results against UB Omnitell, so I'm not sure if it's actually better to play first so you can potentially protect your hand from T1 discard.

2) It's also important to have Omniscience in hand all the time to make the combo as awkward as possible for your opponent. But you probably already know that.

3) Play Boseiju. Making S&T, Wish and Dig uncounterable ist huge.

4) Use the sorcery speed cantrips in your hand ASAP. As I wrote above: The guy with more instants post Omniscience is a huge favorite.

5) Don't rely on Spell Pierce too much. The games go quite long, so it often becomes a dead card. With UR, I usually side out 2 (although UR can bring in Blasts instead, which mono U can't).

That's basically it. Just have the better hand once someone plays Show & Tell.
    Thank you for a thoughtful response.

Basically, G1 is a standoff and the first one who plays S&T most likely will lose the game. I used different cards combinations and decision trees, but it's all unstable and requires the luck of the Irish.

Yes, Boseiju in play in G2 helps a lot. However, it looks like this is the best sideboard for MonoU against a mirror.

Spell Pierce helps mostly very early in the game, and Flusterstorm stops working after turn 5 or 6 if you don't have two copies and even then. However, against BU, UR, or UW variation you face either discard, or Young Pyromancer with Pyroblasts, or Monastery Mentor. So both Spell Pierce and Flusterstorm somehow useless. I played against RUB Omni-Tell a few days ago and it was brutally boring; 40 minutes of waiting and trying each other.

What about Dream Hall? It is somehow asymmetrical and can be hard-casted. Any experience using Dream Halls in mirror matches?
    ---
    Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Chronatog View Post

What about Dream Hall? It is somehow asymmetrical and can be hard-casted. Any experience using Dream Halls in mirror matches?

with only 2 city cast Dream Halls is pretty difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Chronatog View Post
    Spell Pierce helps mostly very early in the game, and Flusterstorm stops working after turn 5 or 6 if you don't have two copies and even then.
    Flusterstorm is the best counterspell you can have when both players put Omniscience on the table, you just have to cast it as late as possible.

Defense Grid can break the symmetry nicely, but you absolutely have to be able to go for Show and Tell the same turn you play it.

Hey all,

My FLGS has a legacy night w/ sweet payout and basically unlimited proxies, so I decided to play this deck and I heard this was the best place to ask stuff. Last week was my first time playing legacy, but I used to watch SCGs legacy stream all the time, so I'm familiar with most things going on.

I copied this 75: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=86590 and I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen addressed recently.

1.) Out of 30 or so people, I didn't see any miracles and mostly fair decks, besides maybe a storm player, mirror matches and a reanimator player. What can I change to do well in this metagame? Anything I should change from the 75 regardless (Boshiju?)

2.) Why is City of Traitors better than Ancient Tomb? I could totally just be playing City wrong, but I find myself sacrificing City all the time. I'm rarely going off on turn two anyway, and this deck feels really mana hungry, but you guys know better.

EDIT: Also, if I keep the wish board intact, are the Lightning Bolts for siding in or for wishing? 1 in and 1 side?

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Baum View Post
    While drawing 7 and passing the turn might not backfire against some decks, I absolutely don't like that Day's Undoing empties your graveyard. Seems pretty antisynergistic with Dig... There are also few matchups where I'm comfortable giving my opponent a full grip. Grinding them out with Dig seems so much better. Am I missing anything?
    Day's undoing also shut down opponent's DTT.

But...we almost never slam non-land permants before going off. It is very possible that we have more cards in hand than opponent. Then, who would benifict more from Day's undoing?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Has anyone considered the new Jace? I've been trying him out as a two-of and he seems to be doing pretty well for me. He helps sculpt your hand better, is easy to flip and even afterwards is still fairly relevant.

Jul 2015
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jr2694 View Post
    Has anyone considered the new Jace? I've been trying him out as a two-of and he seems to be doing pretty well for me. He helps sculpt your hand better, is easy to flip and even afterwards is still fairly relevant.
    Granted, I am very, very new to this deck and Legacy as a whole, but I think that past the looting on the unflipped side, he's not that great. As a walker his + ability may stop some early aggro, his - ability is nice but doesn't play nice with DTT, and his ultimate is fine, but unlikely we are getting to that point. He seems like a somewhat expensive can trip that might not even get to can trip.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Did anyone try out the hybrid (MD pyro) list yet? I know it's a Burning Wish build so really belongs in the other thread but that thread is pretty dead nowadays. List for reference (from http://www.starcitygames.com/article...owledge.html):

4 Dig Through Time
    4 Young Pyromancer
    4 Omniscience
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Preordain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Ponder
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Flooded Strand
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Island
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Crystal Vein
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Underground Sea

Sideboard
    1 Void Snare
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Petals of Insight
    1 Innocent Blood
    3 Pyroclasm
    1 Massacre
    1 Meltdown
    1 Show and Tell
    2 Pyroblast

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by cdnza View Post
    Did anyone try out the hybrid (MD pyro) list yet? I know it's a Burning Wish build so really belongs in the other thread but that thread is pretty dead nowadays. List for reference (from http://www.starcitygames.com/article...owledge.html):

4 Dig Through Time
    4 Young Pyromancer
    4 Omniscience
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Preordain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Ponder
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Flooded Strand
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Island
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Crystal Vein
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Underground Sea

Sideboard
    1 Void Snare
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Petals of Insight
    1 Innocent Blood
    3 Pyroclasm
    1 Massacre
    1 Meltdown
    1 Show and Tell
    2 Pyroblast
    4 young p is too much.

i would go probably 3 and then up a land, cuz u vulnerable to land hate. Since you are slowing down, why you going with Crystal vein

Dec 2012
    Vancouver, Canada

4 Dig Through Time
    4 Young Pyromancer
    4 Omniscience
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Preordain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Ponder
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Flooded Strand
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Island
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Crystal Vein
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Underground Sea

Sideboard
    1 Void Snare
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Petals of Insight
    1 Innocent Blood
    3 Pyroclasm
    1 Massacre
    1 Meltdown
    1 Show and Tell
    2 Pyroblast
    I tried it last night at my weekly after gold fishing it a bit at home and it did seem powerful, especially in the mirror. Sadly though the 8 non blue spells and lack of the full cantrip suite made the deck feel very clunky. Having b wish instead of cunning was relivent once in 9-10 games played as flashing back cabal was pretty bonkers. The worst feeling though is when u probe take their removal, slam YP second turn to have them get runner goyfs and have no real way of dealing with them. And Kobe is right 4 pyro' was way to much as I always had one but never anything to put into play with SnT. One good thing I can take away is that I'm now playing veins in the Ur version as being able to cast dig for -3 at instant speed on their turn, came up quite a few times.

4 Dig Through Time
    4 Young Pyromancer
    4 Omniscience
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Preordain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Ponder
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Flooded Strand
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Island
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Crystal Vein
    3 Show and Tell
    4 Force of Will
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Underground Sea

Sideboard
    1 Void Snare
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Petals of Insight
    1 Innocent Blood
    3 Pyroclasm
    1 Massacre
    1 Meltdown
    1 Show and Tell
    2 Pyroblast

how we win? grapeshot?

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by kuroko16 View Post
    how we win? grapeshot?
    Obviously Young Pyro beats.

The Omniscience is only in the deck as bait to protect the young pyros...same with the show and tells.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Winning thru Petals of Insight -> Grapeshot is fine. But the deck runs on sorcery speed. MonoU is just better due to being able to go of on instant speed (CWish/DTT).
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Split the finals of the 56 player Channel Fireball 1k with Omni. List and Report to follow. Went 12-2 in games, 8-1 in the swiss letting me double draw in. Was a solid event.

finish 5-2 in tournament in Italy.

Miracles2.0 is really powerful

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by kuroko16 View Post
    finish 5-2 in tournament in Italy.

Miracles2.0 is really powerful
    What is that?

So I am seeing lists doing well at some of the SCG IQs with 1 or 2 Day's Undoing. I just am not seeing why this would be good. It ends the turn so it seems really bad once you are going off. Are they just trying it and doing well inspite of having it in their lists? What am I missing about Day's Undoing, is it really worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    What is that?

you means the new miracles? i mean the meracles that win last Gp with mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tantarus View Post
    So I am seeing lists doing well at some of the SCG IQs with 1 or 2 Day's Undoing. I just am not seeing why this would be good. It ends the turn so it seems really bad once you are going off. Are they just trying it and doing well inspite of having it in their lists? What am I missing about Day's Undoing, is it really worth playing?
    i dont like day's undoing.

i will test the new Jace for fun

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Tantarus View Post
    With Instants, you can win EOT or before they draw at upkeep. But whats the point of giving them 7 new cards when you can just win after omni comes in to play.

Thread Information