Page 38 of 138 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Really this is it? I was suspecting more breakthrough, ideas etc. It's almost the same as the list on the previous page. I'm staying with mono U unless someone will prove that this list is insane and much indeed better :)

Jan 2014
    Spain

In a few weeks I have a "Big tournament" and I will probably take the monoU and play there, but I´m thinking seriously to try the UR version with burning wish (The Max Brown decklist of the SCG Invi Las Vegas) But probably cutting the jace tms in Maindeck and trying another card

And about the MonoU decklist, what is the most actualized decklist? Someone can show me?

[QUOTE=Elfkid;797522]In a few weeks I have a "Big tournament" and I will probably take the monoU and play there, but I´m thinking seriously to try the UR version with burning wish (The Max Brown decklist of the SCG Invi Las Vegas) But probably cutting the jace tms in Maindeck and trying another card

And about the MonoU decklist, what is the most actualized decklist? Someone can show me?

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=4767&d=227526

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=4923&d=228428

These are 2 most common version. One using fireminds foresight and the other without. I use the version wo the foresight as I feel I can use the extra slots for better sideboards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Jan 2014
    Spain

Is the one-of leyline of sanctity in the maindeck necesary? and the manabase can be change? (Im speaking about the 2 Colorless land, for example running 3 city and 2 ancient or 2 city and 3 ancient)

And about the leyline, what can we put in maindeck?

Thanks for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfkid View Post
    Is the one-of leyline of sanctity in the maindeck necesary? and the manabase can be change? (Im speaking about the 2 Colorless land, for example running 3 city and 2 ancient or 2 city and 3 ancient)

And about the leyline, what can we put in maindeck?

Thanks for all!
    The sideboard is incredibly tight that the 1-of leyline was included. As of now Im testing removing the maindeck leyline and replacing it with a gitaxian probe.My problem now is what to take out of the sideboard.My borderline card to be cut is either a noxious revival or either of the 3 removals(pact of slaughter/rushing river/sapphire charm).

Jan 2014
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by IL_casual View Post
    The sideboard is incredibly tight that the 1-of leyline was included. As of now Im testing removing the maindeck leyline and replacing it with a gitaxian probe.My problem now is what to take out of the sideboard.My borderline card to be cut is either a noxious revival or either of the 3 removals(pact of slaughter/rushing river/sapphire charm).

3 Defense Grid ae the correct number? I think It would be fine with 2 or I dont like so much the rushing river but I dindt played the deck a lot so I think my opinion is really bad xD

And, now, the flustestorm is better than the swan song? I think´s a very good counter for a lot important cards, like force, daze, misdi, another swan song, sneak attack... Is very consistent and probably a very good target of the cunning wish in the sideboard, Imo the flustestorm is bad now in the current metagame.. what do you think about this?

regards

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Really this is it? I was suspecting more breakthrough, ideas etc. It's almost the same as the list on the previous page. I'm staying with mono U unless someone will prove that this list is insane and much indeed better :)
    yeah, i sleeved this up and played it at a weekly, its a bit light on action—you're REALLY all in on show and tell, not enough cantrips, not even probe. no cunning wishes either!!!!!

i think the idea with the deck list is that you can win and ignore Spirit of the Labyrinth (gifts and intuition both say "put in hand"), but that card is irrelevant always.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

Jan 2014
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by warfordium View Post
    yeah, i sleeved this up and played it at a weekly, its a bit light on action—you're REALLY all in on show and tell, not enough cantrips, not even probe. no cunning wishes either!!!!!

i think the idea with the deck list is that you can win and ignore Spirit of the Labyrinth (gifts and intuition both say "put in hand"), but that card is irrelevant always.

Yeah, The reason is not be vulnerable to the spirit of the labyrinth, and in this version you have a lot of disruption in discard mode, but depend all in on show and tell... I prefer the other version with more tollbox and with the [card] dream halls [/card] playing it easy turn 4 and win without the show and tell... and the manabase is very bad, and vs tempo decks like canadian, patriot.. we are more inconsistent, we have discard effects but a wasteland + stifle is gg.

And vs death and taxes this version is worse than the monoU, cause we are feeding their wastelands, and they have rishadan port... im speaking about my "logic look point" can u show me your opinion abuot this?

Regards!

3 Defense grids are fine. I never wanted to be at 2. It's very important card against all delvers and blue based combos so you naturaly want to have higher percentage that you'll draw it. And two of them in play is even better. About flusterstorm and other counters - imo flusterstorm always. Nothing wins the counterwars like this one. About the bounce I've been playing with: rushing river, echoing truth, chain of vapour and wipe away. I stayed with the wipe away - split second is a thing (d&t and their mothers, opponents counters etc.)

3 Defense grids are fine. I never wanted to be at 2. It's very important card against all delvers and blue based combos so you naturaly want to have higher percentage that you'll draw it. And two of them in play is even better. About flusterstorm and other counters - imo flusterstorm always. Nothing wins the counterwars like this one. About the bounce I've been playing with: rushing river, echoing truth, chain of vapour and wipe away. I stayed with the wipe away - split second is a thing (d&t and their mothers, opponents counters etc.)
    I never thought wipe away would be better than rushing river. Nice tech.") Why chain of vapor vs sapphire charm may I ask?
    Agreed on the 3 defence grids. Its a must counter for them otherwise all thier counterspells would be for naught.

I wouldn't call it a tech, it simply works the best from them all. Makes mothers inactive, helps with blue based decks if you need to bogunce something plus it helps a lot in the mirror. Why chains? Hmm I was testing all kind of bounces simply. But the results were the same - I don't like them both

Jan 2014
    Spain

What do you think about a decklist with lotus petal? like this:

8 Island
    3 Cunning Wish
    3 Pact of Negation
    4 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    4 Enter the Infinite
    3 Dream Halls
    4 Force of Will
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Emrakul, the AEons Torn
    3 Lotus Petal
    1 Intuition
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Ancient Tomb

Sideboard

4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Trickbind
    1 Pact of Negation
    3 Defense Grid
    1 Intuition
    1 Eladamri´s Call
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Slaugther Pact
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Chain of Vapor

Lotus Petals are good but not in mono U version. I also don't run Leyline since I have flusterstorm main (and diverts in side). Also Intuition in main was never good from my playtests :)

Jan 2014
    Spain

How many flustestorm are u running? why not leyline in sideboard I think is necesary, now there are bug delver and its so good in that matchup!

Can u post your decklist?

Regards!

Lotus Petals are good but not in mono U version. I also don't run Leyline since I have flusterstorm main (and diverts in side). Also Intuition in main was never good from my playtests :)
    I'm curious why some people say Intuition main is not good.

I am fairly new to this deck, but I've found in plenty of games where I don't have the combo, but perhaps flooded on Cunning Wish, I'll EoT Cunning for my Intuition then EoT Intuition for whatever part of the combo I'm missing. I figured with all the cantrips/filters main, having 1 Intuition main would put me in a position where I could EoT for the missing piece and untap to combo off immediately rather than the more convoluted line I was having to take with a Cunning first.

This is just my initial impression however, I'm sure you've tested the deck a lot more than I have.

Jan 2014
    Spain

I looked a lot of decklist with 3 intuition in maindeck and with good results in tournament

But me for example I sided-out cause they can side-in surgical, extirpates etc.. And we can be more vulnerable and probably loose a piece of our combo

I'm running 3 flusterstorms in main. About the intuition in main - yes it can be very helpful card but it's imo too slow. I don't like using it without omni in play from mana (c.wish-> intuition) so I don't like the idea of having some in main. Plus it opens you much to grave hate. I like this card very much but only as an one-off in side nothing more. In main instead I prefer Personal Tutor - does the same and is deprived of the intuition minuses.

I'm running 3 flusterstorms in main. About the intuition in main - yes it can be very helpful card but it's imo too slow. I don't like using it without omni in play from mana (c.wish-> intuition) so I don't like the idea of having some in main. Plus it opens you much to grave hate. I like this card very much but only as an one-off in side nothing more. In main instead I prefer Personal Tutor - does the same and is deprived of the intuition minuses.
    Both Intuition and P.Tutor have their disadvantages, but to say that they "do the same" is completely wrong.

1. Intuition replaces itself, which is extremely important when you're playing a 3-card combo deck.
    2. Intuition is an instant, which is even MORE important when you're playing counterspells.
    3.It let's you go off right away, and it doesn't give your opponent a full turn to react to whatever you choose to fetch (this is huge btw).
    4. Intuition gets Omniscience/Dreamhalls!
    5. Intuition is usually an awesome top deck, where P. Tutor is the absolute worst.

Like you, I don't like Intuition in the main because it gets too slow and you get some clunky draws alongside C. Wish. But P. Tutor is one hundred times worse! I've tried to make it work for a long time myself and it just doesn't.

Mar 2014
    Barcelona

Hi all, I'm new in legacy but I've been around with modern for some years. I've got this and I played two tournaments with it (2-2 and 1-3):

3 Cunning Wish
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    4 Enter the Infinite
    3 Dream Halls

4 Force of Will
    1 Pact Of Negation

4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Preordain
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm

1 Emrakul, the AEons Torn

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Ancient Tomb
    1 City Of Traitors
    8 Island

Sideboard

4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Trickbind
    1 Pact of Negation
    2 Defense Grid
    1 Intuition
    1 Eladamri's Call
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Slaugther Pact
    1 Boomerang
    1 Pact Of Negation
    1 noxius revival

I don't really know how to side Against most decks... I found myself wanting to counter something with Defense grid in play most of the times...

I chose this deck because I fell in love with It the first time I saw It (Tyler Wilkerson from Youtube).
    I would like constructive comments and some help with it, thanks!
    "They feared each other for their differences but were absolutely terrified at their similarities."

Thread Information