Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

It's not a cantrip, though. Analysing it as such might not give you a true impression of its value. I am finding it great to combo again after being defeated or to go off 9 cards v 7. It's been very good at doing both of those things.

Its been highly mediocre for me. It gets outclassed by every other card that says "draw a card" in the deck. Its far too hard to cast. I feel like its infinitely worse than Personal Tutor (the card I cut for it) in every situation except the one where you have the Omniscience in play, and even then it's only slightly better. About the only thing that it has going for it is that it pitches to Force. I am not at all a fan of the card and plan on going back to Personal Tutor

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but if somebody could give me some idea of this deck's strengths and weaknesses compared to sneak and show that would be great. I'm not super familiar with either at the moment, but am considering building into a show and tell deck.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

What are the decks you're testing DTT against 4thHorse ?

DTT has been great for me to recover after discard. Unlike you said it's easily castable i find ponder fetch BS fetch fetch preordain t3 DTT isn't rare
    You can't compare it to Personal , instant>sorcery , Card advantage> Card disavantage

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009

Sneaky Show can be a two-card combo (SnT and fatty) while Omni cannot, which means it's faster. Sneaky Show also runs Petals, which allows for a Turn 1 combo, while Omni does not, meaning that the combo happens Turn 2 earliest. Omnitell is usually Mono U while Sneaky Show is UR, meaning that Omni has the more stable manabase. Onmi runs more cantrips and is therefore more consistent, albeit slowly, than Sneaky Show. Onmi runs Cunning Wish, meaning it is more versatile because it has a wishboard set up to provide some assistance for problem matches preboard. Omni has the more powerful kill condition because it doesn't require attacking, but (depending on what version you use) attacking is still an option. Omni rarely lacks a card to pitch to FoW, while Sneaky is more likely to due to the presence of Petals, Emrakul, Grizzle, and Sneak Attack. SnEaky Show can run REB, which is an excellent spell in the meta, while Omni, being mono U, cannot. Overall, Sneaky Show is more explosive and less consistent (not saying it is inconsistent) while Omni is less explosive but more resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by P-E View Post
    What are the decks you're testing DTT against 4thHorse ?

DTT has been great for me to recover after discard. Unlike you said it's easily castable i find ponder fetch BS fetch fetch preordain t3 DTT isn't rare
    You can't compare it to Personal , instant>sorcery , Card advantage> Card disavantage
    In any matchup (including goldfishing) I've yet to be able to cast it before turn 5 without Dream Halls/Omniscience. It feels like a wasted turn when I draw it. If I need to recover from discard, I have Jace and Brainstorm main plus Leylines out of the board. As far as comparing it to Personal Tutor, I find the tutor to be infinitely better. Best 1 of 60>>>>>best 2 of 7. I'd hardly call it card disadvantage either. It guarantees the ideal draw step. Plus it shuffles your Brainstorm, combos quite nicely with Jace or any of your cantrips, and it protects the card from discard by putting it on top. There hasn't been anything that DTT has done that Personal Tutor doesn't do better.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Overall, Sneaky Show is more explosive and less consistent (not saying it is inconsistent) while Omni is less explosive but more resilient.
    i would argue that a 3 card combo is going to be less consistent than a 2 card combo any day of the week.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

I respect your opinion but it seems totally wrong on all lines to me lol
    Anyway you re free to run whatever you like ahah that s the greatness of mtg. Same deck but millions slightly tweaks.

I started testing this list 3 weeks ago and is f***ing nuts:
    http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=14751&iddeck=109247

I've also tested a similar list, with 4 burning wish, 3 show and tell MD and 1 show and tell + Enter the infinite + release the ants in SB, so you are more resilient to extirpates and surgical extractions, and have 2 completely different ways of wining, emrakul or direct damage. I still have to test it more to see if the lose of speed is worth it.

Jul 2013
    France

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorsemanOfSleaze View Post
    In any matchup (including goldfishing) I've yet to be able to cast it before turn 5 without Dream Halls/Omniscience. It feels like a wasted turn when I draw it. If I need to recover from discard, I have Jace and Brainstorm main plus Leylines out of the board. As far as comparing it to Personal Tutor, I find the tutor to be infinitely better. Best 1 of 60>>>>>best 2 of 7. I'd hardly call it card disadvantage either. It guarantees the ideal draw step. Plus it shuffles your Brainstorm, combos quite nicely with Jace or any of your cantrips, and it protects the card from discard by putting it on top. There hasn't been anything that DTT has done that Personal Tutor doesn't do better.
    Well, my recent tests with 2 DtT give me a totally different result. To be simple, I won ALL the game where I casted DtT:

- The best situation is to play it end of player turn, in that case it's a must counter.. Either they counter it, and you're safe to go during your turn, either they don't, and you'll find whatever is missing (combo piece, counter...),and cand find it TWICE
    - Sometimes it was through Omniscience to find the Enter the Infinite
    - And it's also good to use when dream halls is on the table.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by philo4079 View Post
    Well, my recent tests with 2 DtT give me a totally different result. To be simple, I won ALL the game where I casted DtT:

- The best situation is to play it end of player turn, in that case it's a must counter.. Either they counter it, and you're safe to go during your turn, either they don't, and you'll find whatever is missing (combo piece, counter...),and cand find it TWICE
    - Sometimes it was through Omniscience to find the Enter the Infinite
    - And it's also good to use when dream halls is on the table.
    This is consistent with my testing. Every time I cast it i get one or more of: a the missing combo piece; a counterspell; a Brainstorm to dig into more stuff; or a Sol land to play through soft counters.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    i would argue that a 3 card combo is going to be less consistent than a 2 card combo any day of the week.
    Decks with 12 cantrips and now (usually) two Dig Through Time and one Intuition are arguably more consistent than decks with eight cantrips and four fast mana accellerants, even if the faster deck can combo with two cards on occasions.

Leyline of Sanctity has always been fantastic against any deck with Hymn. Really, its a 50/50 matchup that depends almost entirely on what cards each player sees.
    Yeah as I said before I dropped them because of my lucky "not drawing them at opening and drawing them dead in the nex turns" but it seems they will have to return

About the DTT I've been testing it against bug (not so great even this one couldn't help me recover after hymns,thoughtseizes), d&t (quite terrible - rip, thalia,), dredge and burg (standard cantrip pack seems to be enough). I'm still not convinced it's necessary in our deck.

Edit: by the way Horseman is your decklist different now? Any changes? If so pls share if you can
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 10-23-2014 at 07:45 AM.

I don't think you guys are getting what I'm saying about DTT. I can't cast the card in a timely fashion. When I'm actually able to cast it, it's usually too late. It's not how I'm using it, it's that I can't use it.

The only change I've made to my list from Portland is -1 Preordain +1 Top in the main and -1 Leyline -1 Snap +1 Grid +1 Laboratory Maniac. I've been seeing a lot of Extripate lately, and Maniac allows me to play through it

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    I started testing this list 3 weeks ago and is f***ing nuts:
    http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=14751&iddeck=109247

I've also tested a similar list, with 4 burning wish, 3 show and tell MD and 1 show and tell + Enter the infinite + release the ants in SB, so you are more resilient to extirpates and surgical extractions, and have 2 completely different ways of wining, emrakul or direct damage. I still have to test it more to see if the lose of speed is worth it.

I am building this deck and am wondering which version to play first. Either 4 Petals/4 Probe or a list with maindeck Pact of negation/Dig Through Time (or Intuition). I really like to play fast and more explosive, but would it be more tricky? Is the speed worth losing some of the safety or is the speed the safety? I really like the 3 Pyroclasm in the board.

Have played the Burning Wish/Omniscience list in the past before Enter the Infinite got printed. The Burning Wish plan is at sorcery speed, which i think is worse then Cunning Wish's instant speed (being able to respond to stuff like ORing or RecSage EtB trigger is huge). On the other hand, an alternate wincon with 2 SDT and a Grapeshot is fun to. Or just go win with Enter the Infinite -> Spiraling Embers.

I don't think you guys are getting what I'm saying about DTT. I can't cast the card in a timely fashion. When I'm actually able to cast it, it's usually too late. It's not how I'm using it, it's that I can't use it.

The only change I've made to my list from Portland is -1 Preordain +1 Top in the main and -1 Leyline -1 Snap +1 Grid +1 Laboratory Maniac. I've been seeing a lot of Extripate lately, and Maniac allows me to play through it
    In a lot of matchups there is no "too late" for this deck, we can win on one life and have a lot of cunning wish shenanigans for defense even if our opponent has a lot of interaction in hand. The point of dig through time is to put together a winning hand at these late stages juggling our last few points of life.

I've only been testing it for a few weeks, but it's worked for me. When I feel like I'm in a game that I won't get the opportunity to use it, I just shuffle it away.

If your meta has a lot of decks with good persistent lock pieces against omnitell (thalia, thorn/storm hate, iona, canonist) that you're trying to win underneath on a faster curve, then I can see dig being pretty bad. In that meta though I'd just run the 4 petal/4 emrakul no dream halls build. Pact is also really bad against these kinds of decks, you're never going to cast pact against death and taxes or non-blue SFM decks.

[Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Last edited by sawatarix; 10-26-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

I was playing this deck for the past week on cockatrice. I have 2 DTT and the only time i really cast this card because I'm able to is when I have omniscience out. My graveyard is usually at around 4-5 level with the DRS.

However, I can say that when I do have Omniscience out and when I do cast DTT, I can win on the spot after. I don't know whether thats good or bad because I'm not sure its helping me find ETI or if I had personal tutor in place of DTT, I would have found my combo piece faster.

Sep 2014

Went 6/0 tonight at my local game store.

Board was

3 Defense Grid
    3 Dig Through Time
    2 Graffdigger's Cage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Trick Bind
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Rushing River
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Flusterstorm

Im not real sure about the grave hate at a GP or SCG though. What do you think?

What's your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Dittmar View Post
    Went 6/0 tonight at my local game store.

Board was

3 Defense Grid
    3 Dig Through Time
    2 Graffdigger's Cage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Trick Bind
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Rushing River
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Flusterstorm

Im not real sure about the grave hate at a GP or SCG though. What do you think?

Thread Information