Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: [Deck] ATS (Angry Tradewind Survival) - Former DTB

Jan 2004
    Phoenix AZ

I heard that an ATS deck made day 2. Where can I find the list? I'd like to know how he dealt with pithing needle.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989"

[quote:sig_uid="Carney2k4"]I'm obviously The rapist.[/quote:sig_uid]

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by bigguyinblack
    I heard that an ATS deck made day 2. Where can I find the list? I'd like to know how he dealt with pithing needle.
    Nick Trudeau (nickvos on here) finished 27th with a version that doesn't play white. White simply unstabilizes the manabase, and adds very little that you actually need. It can deal with Pithing Needle with Uktabi Orangutan main, and more Uktabis and Naturlizes in the sideboard. If you know how to properly play the deck, and when to switch roles, then you will realize that you can often just ignore Pithing Needle and be the beatdown. Whatever your build, that is the most important aspect of playing this deck correctly.

A decklist is almost identical to this (almost, not identical; and please ignore the extra comments, this was a copy and paste from my post in the Pimp Your Deck thread):
    RUG ATS, by BHWC
    Business Spells (15)
    4 Survival of the Fittest (Japanese)
    4 Brainstorm (Japanese Foil, signed by T. DiTerlizzi)
    4 Force of Will (Signed & customized by Terese Nielsen)
    3 Mana Leak (DCI Foil)

Business Creatures (21)
    4 Tradewind Rider (DCI Foil)
    3 Eternal Witness (Foil, signed by Terese Nielsen)
    3 Quirion Ranger (DCI Foil)
    1 Flametongue Kavu (Japanese Foil, signed by Pete Venters)
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter (Chinese Foil)
    1 Spore Frog (Foil, signed by Donato Giancola)
    1 Uktabi Orangutan (DCI Foil)
    1 Ravenous Baloth (Chinese Foil, signed by Arnie Swekel)
    1 Gilded Drake (Japanese)
    1 Masticore (Japanese Foil, signed by Paolo Parente)
    1 Genesis (Japanese Foil, signed by Mark Zug)
    1 Squee, Goblin Nabob (Japanese Foil)
    1 Anger (Japanese Foil)
    1 Mystic Snake (Japanese Foil)

Mana Sources (24)
    3 Wall of Roots (Japanese, signed by John Matson)
    4 Birds of Paradise (FBB, signed by Mark Poole)
    1 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary (Japanese Foil)
    3 Tropical Island (Beta)
    2 Taiga (Beta, signed by Rob Alexander)
    4 Windswept Heath (Asian Foil, signed by Anthony S. Waters)
    2 Wooded Foothills (Asian Foil, signed by Rob Alexander)
    4 Forest (Saga Foil, signed by Anthony S. Waters)
    1 Mountain (AN, signed by Douglas Schuler), or Island (Saga Foil misprint, signed by Donato Giancola)

Sideboard (15)
    1 Goblin Pyromancer (Foil)
    1 Uktabi Orangutan (DCI Foil)
    1 Dosan, the Falling Leaf (Foil)
    1 Gaea’s Blessing (Foil, signed by Rebecca Guay)
    2 Phyrexian Furnace (Japanese, signed by George Pratt)
    3 Stifle (Japanese Foil)
    3 Naturalize (Japanese Foil)
    3 Blue Elemental Blast (Beta)

Obviously this list will look generic to some of you. This eliminates chaff like Wall of Blossoms (which doesn't add mana, or help you lock your opponent out, and is therefor useless to me), Viridian Zealot (which doesn't do dick against Humility, the only enchantment you care about, making Uktabi strictly better), AEther Vial, extra Gilded Drakes and Baloths, etc. Too many people focus on the wrong things with this deck, and at the wrong times.

Quiron Ranger is awesome in this deck, so I'm very surprised to see most of you all only running 1. It protects your lands, is great with Birds of Paradise, is great with Tradewind Rider, and blocks Goblin Lackey.

Also, to touch on an earlier comment, Muddle the Mixture seems incredibly weak here. It doesn't counter anything you care about (except maybe a Force if you happen to have the double UU mana untapped and waiting around unused), and doesn't beat down, and doesn't help you combo out. This deck is already tight on space as it is, so I don't see how you could possibly include this card here.
    Find me on Twitter at @JMJACO and @EternalCentral. If you have an interest in Vintage Eldrazi, check out my book Eldrazi Meditations.

Thread Information