Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1369

Thread: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [Deck] 8Tezz.dec - UB Tezzeret

Breya continually showing up in MTGO lists is almost certainly more because of people copy/pasting lists than the card actually being good. That card is still nigh impossible to cast and not as high impact as it should be.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    Breya continually showing up in MTGO lists is almost certainly more because of people copy/pasting lists than the card actually being good. That card is still nigh impossible to cast and not as high impact as it should be.
    I also wouldn't underestimate the fun factor too. I would venture a guess that many players aren't planning to spike with Tezz, meaning some sub-optimal, but fun cards are often tossed in (e.g., Liquimetal Coating).

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    I also wouldn't underestimate the fun factor too. I would venture a guess that many players aren't planning to spike with Tezz, meaning some sub-optimal, but fun cards are often tossed in (e.g., Liquimetal Coating).
    Just playing devils advo here.

Who has actually tested Breya in any significant way? What about her and canonist mainboard? You can cast them using the mox diamonds or transmute for them.

Mostly interested in hearing people testing her.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nimkee View Post
    Just playing devils advo here.

Who has actually tested Breya in any significant way? What about her and canonist mainboard? You can cast them using the mox diamonds or transmute for them.

Mostly interested in hearing people testing her.

I had a list a few pages back splashing white when top was still legal. The TLDR was cannonist was awesome, Breya was meh. Stacking Lodestones and countering on the stack feels comfortably better than cannonist now though in the face of hurkyls recall.

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    Careful, with rational talk like that, you might realize that dropping R makes your mana base so much more stable...

At least I don't have to entertain this sort of malarky with UB. Without Diamonds, I don't think it's possible to have a reliable splash. And my pet card is a Planeswalker that happens to be an artifact.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Nov 2012
    Bologna, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Ellomdian View Post

Soft-lock components in Legacy are only as effective as the convenient answers to them. Sure, 3-sphere is amazing, unless they T1 delver and beat you to death for 5 turns before you get to cast it. Bridge is fantastic, unless they are on Storm. Wasteland/Crucible is *Fun*, except they are Burn and just kill you with some Mountains.

I find the most success with this deck happens when I can establish accelerated, moderate disruption (Chalice or Bridge,) get a threat going (Jace, Tezz or ThopterSword,) and can answer 1-2 cards that are a faster clock or represent disruption to my plan (Damnation, FoW.) The games I lose more often than not are when I try to staple together irrelevant lock pieces or simply can't find a way to win the game before my opponent establishes a critical mass to ignore what I am doing.

It really doesn't matter what Lock pieces you try to use - I have Nether Voids and Into the Eye's sitting in a binder - you need to be able to win the game after you've spent time, mana, and cards disrupting your opponent. You don't get to just build a weak prison and say 'I win!'

I feel like when I try to take out FoWs, I have significantly less game against Show decks. Bridge is great, unless they bury you in cards before they even think about attacking. MD Leyline feels like a straight-up blank against half the field. Being unable to cast 3-sphere until Turn 2 on the Draw makes it neigh-unplayable for me in the UB builds. From my testing, I feel like one of the biggest strengths of the UBR version isn't being able to play kitchy kool cards, it's being half a turn faster to the stuff you want to do midgame, after you've already disrupted your opponent.
    I think i'll probably have to defend the choice of maindeck leylines... well, i have to say that since i put them maindeck i found 3 times out of 4 victory came from there. Helm kills much quicklier than any other thing this deck usually runs and as well expressed above this is a key factor. Imho Leyline turns out to be a decent live card against most of the field, because almost every fair deck runs Deathrite Shaman (42,56% of total legacy decks play it - source Mtg Goldfish), often paired with some other graveyard-based creature like goyf or angler. All control decks use at least 3 Snapcasters mage (played in 18,97% of total legacy decks), which happens to be a lot worse once leyline is in play. Then we have combo decks and in most of them a part or even their whole strategy is graveyard-focused. Reanimators fold to it g1, storm cannot win through his most relayable route, lands loses his most precious engine and dredge simply loses. Of course there are decks that are almost or totally immune to that (Sneak and show, Omnitell, Eldrazi, MUD, Goblins, Elves...) but it can't be considered a blank card, as much as you would consider a Grinstone a blank card in a Painter-stone deck. If you're running Helm, Leyline is always a part of a 2 card combo, which also may disrupt your opponent's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    I think i'll probably have to defend the choice of maindeck leylines... well, i have to say that since i put them maindeck i found 3 times out of 4 victory came from there. Helm kills much quicklier than any other thing this deck usually runs and as well expressed above this is a key factor. Imho Leyline turns out to be a decent live card against most of the field, because almost every fair deck runs Deathrite Shaman (42,56% of total legacy decks play it - source Mtg Goldfish), often paired with some other graveyard-based creature like goyf or angler. All control decks use at least 3 Snapcasters mage (played in 18,97% of total legacy decks), which happens to be a lot worse once leyline is in play. Then we have combo decks and in most of them a part or even their whole strategy is graveyard-focused. Reanimators fold to it g1, storm cannot win through his most relayable route, lands loses his most precious engine and dredge simply loses. Of course there are decks that are almost or totally immune to that (Sneak and show, Omnitell, Eldrazi, MUD, Goblins, Elves...) but it can't be considered a blank card, as much as you would consider a Grinstone a blank card in a Painter-stone deck. If you're running Helm, Leyline is always a part of a 2 card combo, which also may disrupt your opponent's plan.
    I was testing again last night and Leyline main was decent. Bridge was better than expected too as I somehow ended up in topdeck mode against czech bug and grixis multiple times. While I only got the leyline kill once out of 12 or so games it shut down a bunch of decks...with drs snappy or therapy. It also stranded gurmags in hand.

So lately, because being poor and shit, i have tried more basic land heavy variant and have had better success(on internet, havent had chance to play this on paper yet but i have it at least) than the last one. Seeing opponent having 2-3 wastelands on field and no target for them does get me little giddy.
    But its still pretty much budjed version of the deck but you gor to start somewhere.
    Thus running stuff like Blood Moon in main(straight wins in some matchups) and having success with whir too, been thinking of adding grid on the side too. Chains and Abyss are next on my list after the Diamond that i will get. (Duals are last ones) What do you guys think of the list.
    Land (24)
    1x Academy Ruins
    4x Ancient Tomb
    2x Bloodstained Mire
    1x Darksteel Citadel
    1x Inventors' Fair
    3x Island
    1x Mountain
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Scalding Tarn
    1x Steam Vents
    1x Sunken Hollow
    2x Swamp
    1x Wasteland
    Instant (2)
    2x Whir of Invention
    Artifact (16)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    1x Dimir Signet
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Mox Diamond
    2x Sword of the Meek
    2x Talisman of Dominance
    1x Talisman of Indulgence
    3x Thopter Foundry
    Planeswalker (8)
    2x Dack Fayden
    2x Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
    4x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    Creature (5)
    4x Baleful Strix
    1x Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    Sorcery (3)
    1x Toxic Deluge
    2x Transmute Artifact
    Enchantment (2)
    2x Blood Moon

Sideboard (15)
    1x Chains of Mephistopheles
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Engineered Plague
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Helm of Obedience
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    2x Pithing Needle
    1x The Abyss
    1x Toxic Deluge
    1x Trinisphere

Quote Originally Posted by NetterMizuno View Post
    So lately, because being poor and shit, i have tried more basic land heavy variant and have had better success(on internet, havent had chance to play this on paper yet but i have it at least) than the last one. Seeing opponent having 2-3 wastelands on field and no target for them does get me little giddy.
    But its still pretty much budjed version of the deck but you gor to start somewhere.
    Thus running stuff like Blood Moon in main(straight wins in some matchups) and having success with whir too, been thinking of adding grid on the side too. Chains and Abyss are next on my list after the Diamond that i will get. (Duals are last ones) What do you guys think of the list.
    There was a deck that top 8d maybe 6 months ago or so that was similar. I think it ran Saheeli too but the oddest thing was no blue duals I believe. Ill look it up...its a beut. Kinda looks like he is playing his binder.

Maybe this will give you some ideas budget wise. A stable mana base is always a plus. I got wasted out of a couple games out of the last dozen I played. Bloodmoon main with sol lands and diamonds main is also sweet. Im tempted to brew around that myself but it feels dragon stompy-ish. How many moons are you running?

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14289&d=285273&f=LE

The list in quote is the deck i run and currently i have setled to 2 moons in main. 3 felt too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NetterMizuno View Post
    The list in quote is the deck i run and currently i have setled to 2 moons in main. 3 felt too much.
    I tested Breya with that crazy unstable manabase last night...and it t7rns out stabler than I thought. She put in some serious work. I also turn 2d her. T1 stryx into t2 transmute and a sol land.

Tezz placed 2nd in the legacy challenge. 4 dack 3 tezz 2 daretti build with a lmc main. Spice-E. It was running dustbowl too which seemed odd.

I tested Breya with that crazy unstable manabase last night...and it t7rns out stabler than I thought. She put in some serious work. I also turn 2d her. T1 stryx into t2 transmute and a sol land.

Tezz placed 2nd in the legacy challenge. 4 dack 3 tezz 2 daretti build with a lmc main. Spice-E. It was running dustbowl too which seemed odd.

Breya in action:

https://youtu.be/rZHPF_q--7k

Breya in action:

https://youtu.be/rZHPF_q--7k

Thanks for you video. I Watched it can you tell your deck liste ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanhur View Post
    Thanks for you video. I Watched it can you tell your deck liste ?
    I mostly just copied VoxVornVoltair's list from reddit, or the parts that I had. I didn't have the whipflare (I know they are somewhere...) so I added another bridge, a Padeem, and I cut one golem for a trinisphere.

I like this list a lot. I am going to try that Legacy Challenge list on Thursday to compare and see which I like better. I am decent-ish with Tezzeret, but I felt sort of lost playing Breya. She gives you a ton of different options once on board and I think I through a couple of games in the tournament away with her on board.

2 Transmute Artifact
    4 Force of Will
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Dimir Signet
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Mox Diamond
    2 Sword of the Meek
    3 Thopter Foundry
    1 Academy Ruins
    3 Ancient Tomb
    1 Badlands
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Inventors' Fair
    2 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Tundra
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Wasteland
    1 Breya, Etherium Shaper
    4 Baleful Strix
    4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    3 Dack Fayden

Sideboard
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Damnation
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Notion Thief
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 The Abyss
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Trinisphere
    1 Padeem

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Must be nice to live in a world where you are the only one in the room playing Wasteland...
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Someone is D2? At Vegas??

We have someone at the 2nd place at mtgo legacy challenge.

Must be nice to live in a world where you are the only one in the room playing Wasteland...
    Actually my meta is full of them so I often ditch one of the oddball duals to a diamond. With 4 diamonds and the other fun of duals it was surprisingly easy to cast her. Im on a ridiculously good streak against 4c loam. That maverick match was a bit tight but I squeezed it out despite his timely wastelands.

I switched to a daretti build with lmc last night. The manabase IS smoother, and has some awesome plays. T1 sword of the meek into t2 daretti is amazing. Or lmc plus daretti or dack. The raw power of untapping with breya is real though. I twelved someone to the dome the other night.

For people who are playing Breya, I'd be interested in some more information on the card. I think we can all agree that just based on raw power, it more than meets the threshold for playability. If it cost 2UB I think we'd all probably make some room for at least one copy in the deck. So to ascertain the cost/reward nature of it's hideous mana cost, I'm curious about the following:

1. How many times did you hardcast Breya (as opposed to Transmuting for it)?

2. Related to 1, how many times did you draw Breya and have it rot in your hand (or discarded it to Dack or something) because you didn't have the mana to cast it?

3. If you Transmuted for it, in your opinion, was Breya the best card you could've gotten or would another card have been roughly as good in that situation (i.e., Ensnaring Bridge, Thopter/Sword, Liquidmetal Coating, etc.)?
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

I did a paper tornament yesterday.
    I lost in final vs BUG control.

I did 5-2, results :

win 2-1 vs miracle
    win 2-1 vs slivoïde
    win 2-0 vs Sneak and show
    Lost 0-2 vs grixis delver
    win 2-0 vs UB reanimator
    Win 2-0 vs MUD
    Lost 0-2 vs BUG control

I am enjoy about my result, next week i have the belgium Cup trial.
    My only problem is "JACE". I dont know how can i win when my opponent can cast jace.
    What is the solution with grixis Tezz? I am playing liquid to take the control but i really want something vs jace.

My sideboard was :

1 Trini
    1 Golem
    2 pyroclasm (i will change one pyro for one whipflare)
    2 toxic deluge
    1 Force
    3 Leyline
    2 Blood moon
    1 EE
    1 Abyss
    1 Méphisto

Maybe i can cut one pyro for Notion or revoker?

Thread Information