Page 146 of 382 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Re: [Deck] Elves!

I know you'll always be available for me anyway.
    [Bro-mance time]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

^.-
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    I know you'll always be available for me anyway.
    [Bro-mance time]
    Ya cheating on me, biatch!? XD

Yeah, "dumb ideas" hits it ... you have no clue what I'm doing with TES right now ... muahahahaha

Edit: maybe we should make indeed a skype conference on that. I'll record it and make a podcast out of the material...
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Check the FB discusion thread.

If you were a pokemon you'd be slow poke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Undefeated into Embarrassing Loses, A SCG SEA report. (6th)

Hello, here is a brief tournament report from SCGSEA.

Deck Choices: After a lot of testing I am opting for a 3x Mana elf build, shaving a Nettle/Druid. The reason is with BUG/JUND/DEATHBLADE/X running Deathrite I contend that it is not a reliable mana producer( Still OP, Still amazing, Still 4-of. In addition, I feel that the deck plays better magic the faster it goes, and that involves mana acceleration on turn one that doesn’t involve a risky Arbor.

I made the change last tournament, and have never looked back.

I will discuss Sideboard later.

Community: I just want to say how much I love the Legacy community. It warms my green heart to play a format where the majority is just stoked to play it! Never mind the constant theory crafting and discussion!
    Cory and Danyul were there from the get go and I was honoured to be able to talk SB strats and compare notes on various matches. It makes all the difference in attitude knowing you are cheering for a “team”.

Special Props to Danyul who actually went to get me food and water during top8.

Extra Props to all my opponents who were scholars, gentlemen and above all actually smiled and had fun.

Deck.

4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Craterhoof Behemoth
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Elvish Visionary
    3 Nettle Sentinel
    3 Heritage Druid
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    1 Viridian Shaman
    4 Wirewood Symbiote
    1 Birchlore Rangers
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    1 Llanowar Elves
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Natural Order
    4 Quirion Ranger
    2 Fyndhorn Elves
    2 Bayou

Sideboard
    1 Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Progenitus
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Cabal Therapy
    1 Choke
    1 Natural Order

Omnitell-Zachary 1-0

Game1: I have a fetch into DRS, he plays basic island. We both ramp, I play Glimpse, he FOW pitches cunning wish and I put him on High Tide. I go for a hardcast Hoof to seal G1

SB: (I was wrong, he was omni fortunately same plan)
    +4 Thoughtseize +1 Choke +1 Ruric Thar +1 Teeg, -2 Visionary -3 Glimpse -1 Viridian Shaman -1Craterhoof

Game2: Back to back thoughtsiezes reveal a show and tell emrakul hand that I strip of any value. I beat him down with Nettle and a Gaddock.
    Merfolk-Tyler 2-0

Game1: Although he assembles quite a few fish, I assemble best friends combo to Fog of War and cycle through cards until I have enough mana to hardcast a hoof and natural order after he FOW’s

SB: +1NO +1Pro +1Needle -1 Ooze -1Glimpse -1 Heritage

Game2: I turn 2 NO-Pro.

Dredge-Geoff 3-0

Game1: Luckily I had a sick read (from the desire to draw)and mulled to turn one DRS. And from there was able to turn that into a snap for dryad arbor to block Ichorid and remove bridges, with the DRS eating dredgers.

SB -1 Viridian +1 Decay

Game2: we go back and forth with me maintaining an Ooze facing down an army of zombies. It took quite a few turns to pull out. I saw some sickening shoals, which caused me to tank during a math calculation and then punt as witnessed by Danyul that led to me passing a risky turn, luckily he didn’t have me on the swing ( I go to 2 life with a double ooze activation).

Deathblade –Eric 4-0

Game1: I lose some early resources to swords, he fetched up a jitte and luckily I could snap for arbor and GSZ for Quirion to fog until my board presence was enough to NO

SB ( Stupid Deathblade plays so many one-ofs you don’t know what to play around games 2-3) +1No +1 Pro +1 Needle -1 Heritage -2 Glimpse

Game2: I lose to a great play of a snapcaster ambushing a early wirewood and from there a batterskull takes the game.

Game3: We trade early resources, I try to bait a FOW with a glimpse, he brainstorms and lets it resolve, my other card is NO so I go for PRO. He ponders for wrath a couple times and Hydra gets there.

RUG-Nathan -5-0

Game1: After he stifles a wirewood symbiote trigger (protecting quirion form bolt) he loses to board presence

SB: +1Choke +1NO +1PRO +2 Abrupt Decay -2 Glimpse -1 Viridian -1 Heritage -1 Craterhoof

Game2: I bait out the daze and FOW with Choke and Glimpse and am able to NO-PRO from a arbor.

Miracles- Adam 6-0

Game1: I manage a turn two glimpse chain for massive board, he doesn’t have terminus.

SB +1 Choke +4 Thoughtseize, +3Abrupt Decay. +1 Needle -2 Hertiage -3 Glimpse -3 Visionary -1 Shaman

Game2: I get locked out.

Game3: I wait for him to tap out to top and swords, then land a choke.

Jund-Robert 7-0 ( Who eventually gets revenge in top8)

Game1: I turn two a Glimpse chain into a lethal Hoof.

SB +1NO +1PRO -1Glimpse -1 Shaman

Game 2: I develop a board that trades for resources until I can NO-Pro with a snap for arbor.

Double ID into top 8… However, instead of taking this time to eat I fret about how to get home to Canada and spend it stressing and making various emails.

I explained myself earlier. Mental fatigue is real. Game one keep was super loose, however I had this image from last top 8 of mulling to 4 when presented with a similar hand. Should never let past interactions affect your judgement. Game 2 was two critical punts, the first was the heritage over birchlore (derp) the second was not waiting a turn to glimpse.

Oh well ;) Next time.

Despite what the commentators say , I feel Jund is a fine matchup and I would play it any time.

As for sideboard, I really liked Choke. I experimented with swan song in the side events and wasn’t a fan, it wasn’t proactive enough. I didn’t like Teeg that much (shocker). I would go for second needle or null rod over him. If I had played more combo I would have been more inclined to like Ruric Thar, having said that he was pretty weak here and I would like to test Worldspine Worm.

As for maindeck, I really hate viridian shaman main. I know it’s a tutororable answer to jitte game one, however I always feel that it is a waste of resources when you could just get a symbiote. I don’t want to move him to the SB though, so maindeck he will stay until I really want the 4th nettle sentinel.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Check the FB discusion thread.

If you were a pokemon you'd be slow poke.
    FYI, i deactivated push-messages about FB, WhatsApp and Co. on my smartphone. Otherwise I would get nuts, by all the chats running
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hello all,

I am currently a burn player trying to optimize my list. I could either run 3 Searing Blaze or 3 Pyroclasm in the SB. Does a t3 Pryclasm really swing the match into my favor? I know that you guys can win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Purp View Post
    Hello all,

I am currently a burn player trying to optimize my list. I could either run 3 Searing Blaze or 3 Pyroclasm in the SB. Does a t3 Pryclasm really swing the match into my favor? I know that you guys can win the race.
    Pyroclasm slows us down more than Searing Blaze. Just watch out for Ruric Thar postboard... Elves players with him in the side are going to try to resolve NO ASAP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerS View Post
    Undefeated into Embarrassing Loses, A SCG SEA report. (6th)

4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Craterhoof Behemoth
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Elvish Visionary
    3 Nettle Sentinel
    3 Heritage Druid
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    1 Viridian Shaman
    4 Wirewood Symbiote
    1 Birchlore Rangers
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    1 Llanowar Elves
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Natural Order
    4 Quirion Ranger
    2 Fyndhorn Elves
    2 Bayou

Sideboard
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Progenitus
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Cabal Therapy
    1 Choke
    1 Natural Order

Miracles- Adam 6-0

Game1: I manage a turn two glimpse chain for massive board, he doesn’t have terminus.

SB +1 Choke +4 Thoughtseize, +3Abrupt Decay. +1 Needle -2 Hertiage -3 Glimpse -3 Visionary -1 Shaman

Game2: I get locked out.

Game3: I wait for him to tap out to top and swords, then land a choke.
    First of all congrats!
    It's a nice performance :)

I have a question about your miracle SB:
    Why not add +1 proge -1 hoof to get choice at each NO?
    why removing visionary and so many glimpse? I will have -1 fetch // -1 Nettle // -2 seize (OTD) // for +2 visio (OTD) and +3visio +1 glimpse (OTP)

Congrats!

@Spencer: Congrats on the finish! I know it's tough to play through fatigue so don't sweat the top8. I noticed you included gaddock teeg in your board but didn't bring him in against miracles. Is this because of the previous discussion regarding karakas or was this just an oversight?

Mar 2014
    Bellingham, wa

Hey all this Cory Okazaki lurking the forests of Bellingham. Shout out to Spenser for his top 8 and making us proud. I'm honored to have sat down and spoke sideboards together. real pleasure. And shout out to Daniel for all the help and the collaborations master Jedi nguyen. Let our trio be strong next scg. Northwest elves unite.
    @SpencerS

Quote Originally Posted by nudon View Post
    @Spencer: Congrats on the finish! I know it's tough to play through fatigue so don't sweat the top8. I noticed you included gaddock teeg in your board but didn't bring him in against miracles. Is this because of the previous discussion regarding karakas or was this just an oversight?
    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    First of all congrats!
    It's a nice performance :)

I have a question about your miracle SB:
    Why not add +1 proge -1 hoof to get choice at each NO?
    why removing visionary and so many glimpse? I will have -1 fetch // -1 Nettle // -2 seize (OTD) // for +2 visio (OTD) and +3visio +1 glimpse (OTP)

Congrats!

He was playing a variant with Snapcaster mage, access to that much removal + Karakas was too much.

Miracles is a race for damage in my opinion. Visionary and glimpse aren't as favourable as going for damage/disruption. I re-sided for game three with Prog, when I was on the play. I often will pull the trigger on a hoof that isn't even lethal ( for example a 3 creature, only hoof attack for 9) just to get dmg in. You have to make them have answers and just keep pushing. However, if you take the time to develop a board usually you lose. Just one theory.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Streaming the Legacy DE with Elves! Join us at http://twitch.tv/itsJulian!
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Sep 2013
    Under hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Streaming the Legacy DE with Elves! Join us at http://twitch.tv/itsJulian!
    Nice Stream, Julian. Bummer about that last game against miracles. Sometimes, they just have our number.

It's kind of a shame that your streams don't stick around on twitch. They seem to fade after a few days, which is a bummer. The two that most consistently stick around are your win against the turn 2 Grislebrand and the one where you play the Glimpse music.

Mar 2014
    Bellingham, wa

Today I had the opportunity to play in a legacy tournament in Bellingham, Wa for duels. I had a couple of friends from Seattle come to join in the battle. David Bauman being one of them (2nd place SCG seattle 2014)

It was a small tournament lasting 4 rounds with a cut to top 8.
    We had hoped for a lot more but with SCG being last weekend we ran into people with busy schedules.

The list I was running:

Elves!

4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Craterhoof Behemoth
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Elvish Visionary
    3 Nettle Sentinel
    3 Heritage Druid
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    1 Viridian Shaman
    4 Wirewood Symbiote
    1 Birchlore Rangers
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    1 Llanowar Elves
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Natural Order
    4 Quirion Ranger
    2 Elvish mystic
    2 Bayou

Sideboard
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Progenitus
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 cabal therapy
    1 null rod
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Choke
    1 Natural Order

]Round 1: BUG delver
    I find this match-up not terrible it can definitely go both ways but I am positive when it comes to playing against this deck.

Game 1- I was able to combo a glimpse but have it end in a field of elves with three cards in hand, 1 being natural order. I passed and he used hymn to tourach to hit my natural order out of my hand. two turns passed and he didnt flip his delver when I drew my natural order and brought the "lakes of tomorrow"

Game 2- I went to 5 and couldnt beat the turn 2 liliana with a board state and almost no cards in hand by this point.

1-0

Round 2 - UWR Delver

Game 1- He had 4 stoneforge mystics in hand and I was able to combo off. there was virtually no interaction game 1. lucky me.

Game 2- much like my first round I went to five. I Kept a one lander with deathrite and my opponent road a lightning bolt all the way to victory.

Game 3- I turn one played nettle sentinel and then started the beats including a scooze. He eventually didnt have an answer to my presence of pesky elves and fell.

2-0

Round 3: Burn

We intentionally drew and I took a break to get some food

2-0-1

Round 4: 12 post

My opponent wanted to play it out in order get a good seed.

Game 1- I turn three off a glimpse turn two cast natural order into craterhoof behemoth

Game 2- Ended just as bad for him in game one but a turn later

3-0-1

Top *:
    Elves
    merfolk
    Burn
    Burn
    The rock (ish)
    DNT
    UWR Delver
    12 Post

I was paired against The rock player but this deck was a home brew with main board plagues and explosives. It was also playing Glissa the trader that I couldn't get past with explosives.
    I won Game 1 but went on to lose in 3

I was on camera round 2 against UWR Delver and if you care to watch it will be up tomorrow night at this webpage below
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_jHQJ53ynGv4niwmrUlweg

thank you for taking the time to look at my report and have a good day

Cory Okazaki

Hello everyone,
    First at all thank you !! for all your interesting post about my lovely elves (yes my english suck :D )
    I'm new here , in fact i read this topic for more than 9 months but i never find the courage for posting something. cause my understanding of this deck and the game generally is poor. But next week i want to go for my first tournament before the trial for annecy in one month(yeah my chance is realy low but HEY it's a game :) ) .
    I want to play this list

2 Bayou
    2 Dryad Arbor
    2 Forest
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Birchlore Rangers
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Heritage Druid
    1 Llanowar Elves
    3 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Quirion Ranger
    4 Wirewood Symbiote
    4 Elvish Visionary
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Viridian Shaman
    4 Natural Order
    2 Craterhoof Behemoth

Sideboard:

3 Cabal Therapy
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Choke
    1 --------------free slot !!!!
    1 Progenitus

1. i would like your feedback about my list. the meta is lot of delver.
    2. i'm lost about the sideboarding. The Julian article about sideboarding don't play the same card. Maybe it's me, but i have huge problems for see the good and the bad sidebording options :s
    3. i have also some problem for use cabal. i never name the good card.

If some of you can give advice i would be so happy :P

Anyway again thank you for all this knowledge shared here :)

I've found sideboarding to be pretty simple--I'm generally taking out some number and combination of Glimpses, Heritage Druid(s), and/or Nettle Sentinel(s). The idea being that diluting your deck with answers/discard/hate reduces your ability to combo anyways, so Glimpse becomes less effective.

A card you might want to test in your open sb slot for your meta is Meekstone--it's very solid vs the flavors of delver.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

3 manadorks, 8 fetches has to be wrong. -1 dork, +1 fetch plz.

Apart from that, 1 Needle just seems way too little and I don't like Ruric in the board. He's maindeck or bust material IMO.

With sideboarding, try to think what is bad in the matchup - in fast matchups, Symbiote/Visionary is almost always too slow and you should probably go down to 1 of each. In matchups that constrict our resources a lot, like Delver and Pox, Nettle Sentinel and especially Heritage Druid tend to be bad because they require a lot of resources to become broken, so you board some out and focus on answers and the more slow, grindy cards like Symbiote+Visionary and Deathrite Shaman. The alternative plan for those matches is loading up on discard instead of board disruption, going up to 4 NO and just forcing the Progenitus through, because that's often GG. See what works for you. Just make sure you have a plan and commit to it, because the deck can't support 4NO, Glimpse, Symbiote+Visionary and an answer suite all at the same time, one has to be cut.
    If you're boarding in a lot of spells, cutting down on Glimpse makes sense because it's power goes down, but answers+beats is a very valid strategy.
    Last edited by Zombie; 03-27-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Deck] Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Float4WeldSlaver View Post
    I've found sideboarding to be pretty simple--I'm generally taking out some number and combination of Glimpses, Heritage Druid(s), and/or Nettle Sentinel(s). The idea being that diluting your deck with answers/discard/hate reduces your ability to combo anyways, so Glimpse becomes less effective.

A card you might want to test in your open sb slot for your meta is Meekstone--it's very solid vs the flavors of delver.
    Meekstone is explored territory in this thread; maybe about 2 pages back.

Just seeing the combo in terms of Glimpse and suggest boarding it out for that reason is wrong. The card is often a green Ancestral Recall and better even without Nettle/Hertiage in play. It draws you into new creatures and NO in a world of sweepers. It's not that you board out a significant amount of creatures.

Join us at Facebook!

Dec 2012
    Vancouver, Canada

Ive been running just -1 fetch as well and havent noticed much of a difference either it may be wrong but its better then fooding out, esp. on glimpse chains.

Thread Information