Page 347 of 382 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Primer] Elves!

I would prefer Joraga Warcaller. I think that card is underplayed in general
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

May 2016
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    Are you also siding the package in for miracles (if you run cavern?)
    I do run 2 Caverm, but I side out the crop rotation against anything with countermagic. I do bring in Bog to proactively stop 2 for 1s from snapcasters during combat and because I usually side out some number of cradles depending on the build of miracles.

May 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by abombdiggity View Post
    Who else will be at GP Louisville? Curious to get some thoughts on the expected metagame. My SB- I'd love to find room for a Nissa, but not sure if there's any room in my current list. 1 MD Crop Rotation gives me effectively 3 bog/wasteland/Karakas.

1 Scavenging Ooze
    3 Cabal Therapy
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Null Rod
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas
    1 Wasteland

Holler if you'll be there, I'd love to talk elves and cheer on anyone who makes a solid run.

My sideboard for elves:)

1x Caller of the Claw
    1x Gaea's Herald
    2x Containment Priest
    4x Abrupt Decay
    2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Nissa, Vital Force
    2x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Null Rod

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by blind View Post
    You lost 3 SB slot You can to forget this idea (crop & land), it's just bad.
    I beg to disagree. This package is quite strong. I would even run a third crop with it and a Ruric if you run NO (crop makes T2 NO quite easy).

I think karakas is especially handy as leovold is quite a beating against us.

I beg to disagree. This package is quite strong. I would even run a third crop with it and a Ruric if you run NO (crop makes T2 NO quite easy).

I think karakas is especially handy as leovold is quite a beating against us.
    You have Decay for Leovold :) He plays Wasteland, for what? For me this package (crop and land) is funny, good but it's wrong solution. If you want to beat Storm, Sneak Show and Reanimator, play a another deck :)

I would prefer Joraga Warcaller.
    It's not the same cost. 2/3 death touch for g it's very good. Good Vs Eldrazi, Good Vs Miracle. You can play this card MD

It's not the same cost. 2/3 death touch for g it's very good. Good Vs Eldrazi, Good Vs Miracle. You can play this card MD
    It also can still be a 2/3 deathtouch when GSZed for, whereas Warcaller is useless as a GSZ target.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

But why would elves want a 2/3 deathtouch? Eldrazi is already a pretty good matchup, this isn't going to swing it. If you want something powerful for them play Glissa, the Traitor. And a 2/3 deathtouch is basically a blank vs Miracles...
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    But why would elves want a 2/3 deathtouch? Eldrazi is already a pretty good matchup, this isn't going to swing it. If you want something powerful for them play Glissa, the Traitor. And a 2/3 deathtouch is basically a blank vs Miracles...
    Glissa does have the advantage of first strike, but she's also much worse to find while you're going off with Glimpse. And I'm not sure about the Miracles comment, but two power in a single one-drop creature is always welcome. It also survives Kozilek's Return if they're running it.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by lowpass View Post
    Glissa does have the advantage of first strike, but she's also much worse to find while you're going off with Glimpse. And I'm not sure about the Miracles comment, but two power in a single one-drop creature is always welcome. It also survives Kozilek's Return if they're running it.
    If you're going off with Glimpse, why are you worrying about a 2 power guy with deathtouch? I don't think either should be in the deck, but this is hardly an argument for the new guy.

A 2 power guy that doesn't do anything is just going to get swept up with a Terminus, you can't aggro Miracles out like that.
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

and a 2/3 deathtouch is basically a blank vs Miracles...
    You have totally misunderstood the Mu if you think a 2/3 for g is bad vs Miracle.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

You have totally misunderstood the Mu if you think a 2/3 for g is bad vs Miracle.
    Clearly. I usually play this MU from the Miracles side, I'd be over the moon if someone played this against me.

So funny.

I never said "It's awesome, with Narnam I can't lose Vs Miracle !" but it's good. Vs Miracle you want to attack with a short board (3 creature max) so a 2/3 for G is good for this game plan.

Sep 2013
    Under hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Eldrazi is already a pretty good matchup
    I haven't found this to be the case. Could you elaborate? I think the published record of Elves v. Eldrazi also doesn't bear out this being a good match up, but I might be confused. Either way, I'd appreciate if you'd explain more about this being a good match up for us.

Site Contributor
    Mar 2013
    Lyngby, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_of_Rivendell View Post
    I haven't found this to be the case. Could you elaborate? I think the published record of Elves v. Eldrazi also doesn't bear out this being a good match up, but I might be confused. Either way, I'd appreciate if you'd explain more about this being a good match up for us.
    +1
    "At the end of the day though, this deck is about trolling the format. If Daze helps you with that, go for it. TinFins isn't about a decklist, it's about a state of mind."

In my experience, on natural order elves, colorless eldrazi is a very good matchup. White eldrazi on the other hand, is a very tricky matchup.

Anyways, at go Louisville, started on 2 byes then got paired against: sneak show (l), br reanimate (l), Grixis delver (w), be reanimator(l). Got real unlucky with the matchups.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

UB or RB Reanimator?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Oh, I got typoed. I got matched up against 2 br, 1 ub total.

May 2011
    Canada

Went 4-2 in Legacy at Louisville; dropped to play more vintage. Sometimes staxing is more fun then elving.

Rd 1: BYE
    Rd 2: MUDpost 2-0
    Rd 3: Miracles 0-2
    Rd 4: D&T 0-2
    Rd 5: Mono Red Sneak Attack 2-0
    Rd 6: D&T 2-0

Did see a decent amount of elves, miracles, d&t and aluren.

List:

//Artifact (3)
    3 Cloudstone Curio

//Creature (31)
    3 Birchlore Rangers
    4 Dwynen's Elite
    4 Elvish Visionary
    1 Essence Warden
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    4 Heritage Druid
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    3 Quirion Ranger
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Shaman of the Pack
    4 Wirewood Symbiote

//Sorcery (8)
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

//Land (18)
    2 Bayou
    2 Cavern of Souls
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Forest
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Savannah
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills

SB: 4 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 1 Caller of the Claw
    SB: 2 Containment Priest
    SB: 2 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Gaea's Herald
    SB: 2 Nissa, Vital Force
    SB: 1 Null Rod
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction

GP Louisville was kind of a wash, went 6-3 after heading into the last round. Lost against the mirror (He found the NO to kill me after I ripped his hand apart with Therapy), omni show, and Legend Miracles. I think for Legend Miracles the sideboard strategy needs to be approached vastly different than the normal builds. Attempting to outgrind the simply does not work with them playing two Moats in the SB. Definitely left a sore taste in my mouth after starting the day 4-0 with no byes.

May 2016
    Maine

Had a rough day two of the GP, ending up 8-6-1 after a great start. Won enough to guarentee myself a bye for the next couple GPs i head to, so not a total loss. Since the only real non-stock tech I ran was the crop rotation package, I'll focus on how it impacted some of my matchups.
    Rounds 1&2- 5-0'd a GPT on-site and won two byes
    Round 3- Draw vs Miracles- extremely close, would have won the match if he didn't find a miracle off of his fetch/spin top.
    Round 4- W- UR Delver
    Round 5- W D&T
    Round 6- L- Infect- stole game 2 with a wasteland, game three I needed to play a land to keep glimpsing- was holding up a crop rotation to hit his only infect creature, but my last draw was the Wasteland in needed to rotate for. He untapped, topdecks a second invigorate, hit me for exactly 10 poison to get my first loss at 5-1-1.
    Round 7- W- Lands- Bojuka Bog let me steal a win on a game 3 where he played a t1 vortex, t2 tabernacle.
    Round 8- L- BG Turbodepths- this one was my fault- punted game 2- had a Karakas in hand and played a fetch instead, didn't get another turn.
    Round 9- BG midrange- W- lost game 1 to a t2 lilliana, but vampire nighthawk doesn't have shit on 70+ trample damage. 6-2-1 into day 2.

This is where the 20 hour drive started wearing on me- I picked up 2 uncharacteristic GRV and played a little more casual knowing I couldn't make top 8.

Round 10- L- BUG delver- Hymn hit a Cradle both games and I was never able to crawl out from the tempo loss. Didn't see a fetch or basic all match.
    Round 11- W- Eldrazi. Crushed him, g2 I tagged him with an early wasteland (I side out a rotation but still bring it in)- kept him off reality smasher mana while I delta with his t1 chalice, t2 ratchet bomb.
    Round 12-W- D&T
    Round 13-L, 4C Delver- after beating up on delver in the GPT the previous night, I drew ~15 lands over the two games. A couple nicely timed decays gave him the advantage in the battle of the Deathrites.
    Round 14- L- Aggro-Loam. Lost in a flurry of anti creature sideboard tech and wastelands. Fetched a bayou T1 and paid for being careless.
    Round 15- L- Miracles- he was bad- entreat caught me the turn before I was able to swing for lethal with an uncounterable hoof.

Overall, had a really fun time- a little dissapointed in my performance, but I lost a few matches to the variance I couldn't do anything about and a few due to misplays. Next time someone suggests driving 16+ hours to go to a GP, tell them to cram it and get a plane ticket instead.

Thread Information