Page 363 of 382 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

Re: [Primer] Elves!

or completely remove the black parts for a more counter based blue/green variant?
    NEVER.

Obviously GBu !

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

TOP IS BANNED!

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

May 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    TOP IS BANNED!

This video is definitely relevant; once I saw the list I was very happy.

I worry that disappearance of Miracles will open gates for Reanimator, Storm, Belcher and other sorts of decks which are even worse matchups for us.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Don't worry about that too much. Delver decks will come back in force. Also I'd rather fight through combo decks than Miracles TBH.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Jun 2016
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Careve View Post
    I worry that disappearance of Miracles will open gates for Reanimator, Storm, Belcher and other sorts of decks which are even worse matchups for us.
    My first thought is that all Miracles players are going to switch to 4c control. But I guess that's a slightly better matchup for us. Slightly.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

With Miracles no longer a worry, we can commit much more heavily to beating Fast Combo. Much better for Elves!
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Jul 2015
    Osasco

Im really happy right now guys, but Storm is coming out and is a problem to us.

PS: I think Terminus is the right card to go.

Jun 2016
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    With Miracles no longer a worry, we can commit much more heavily to beating Fast Combo. Much better for Elves!
    You mean as far as sideboard? How would you change it? Down to 2-3 Abrupt Decays and more discard, or did you have something more radical in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Doneval View Post
    You mean as far as sideboard? How would you change it? Down to 2-3 Abrupt Decays and more discard, or did you have something more radical in mind?
    fluster/daze might be back on the menu for sb if you run mainboard trops for leovold etc. Cavern isn't as important even though chalice decks probably aren't going anywhere.

May 2016
    Maine

My initial thoughts- I will be moving back to a 1 Cavern 1 Pendelhaven land base, scavenging ooze will probably be my MD flex spot over Nissa/Leo/WRP. Chalice is still an issue.

I'll probably break out the Crop Rotation package I was testing last year and took to Louisville as a result of an expected uptick in GY strategies and Land-based combo.

It may be correct to play a second Reclamation Sage over the 4th decay specifically because it's probably more relevant against Chalice (due to the tutors) and will be able to match up better against Blood Moon. Progenitus seems a lot better thanks to the format's best sweepers being Kozelik's Return/ -X/-X effects, and we'll be able to dedicate more hate to other combo decks.

Will have to see how the meta shakes up before we do anything too drastic, but this should be a very good banning for us.

This ban list change sorta makes me want to buy a plane ticket to vegas, but the gp being in the middle of the week is iffy for me.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

The time for Ruric Thar has come again.
    Drop a cavern for a taiga.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post
    The time for Ruric Thar has come again.
    Drop a cavern for a taiga.
    i was always skeptical of the need for a taiga. dont need a savannah for teeg.

Quote Originally Posted by abombdiggity View Post
    My initial thoughts- I will be moving back to a 1 Cavern 1 Pendelhaven land base, scavenging ooze will probably be my MD flex spot over Nissa/Leo/WRP. Chalice is still an issue.

I'll probably break out the Crop Rotation package I was testing last year and took to Louisville as a result of an expected uptick in GY strategies and Land-based combo...
    I think Progenitus becomes more relevant as more SB slots are freed up in other decks to dedicate creature-based hate. Leovold becomes more of a possibility in our as Storm becomes a larger part of the meta (as well as the increase in Elves pilots). I am also on board with your land package as I think SnT/Lands/Dark Depths Combo will show up in force at Vegas.

*Ruric Thar IMO has never really been that great against Storm and is usually a turn too slow.
    Last edited by jjkbb2005; 04-25-2017 at 12:49 AM.

I was thinking of cutting the 2 MD caverns that has become standard for +1 fetch (for a total of 8) and +1 tropical island/savannah/taiga (depending on what your SB is). Taiga seems the weakest because Ruric thar doesn't seem that good. Savanah can help hardcast Teeg, but that's it. I think the tropical island may be the best addition. It allows us to play Leovold. It can possibly let us play the new Nissa (if it ends up being good). It can also open us up to running Flusterstorm or something in the SB for the combo decks that will try to rise due to Miracle's disappearance.

Also, with Miracle no longer being the top dog, we can dedicate or SB for combo, BGx, and Delver. Do you think Nissa is still the best planeswalker, or would Garruk be good now (since 1/1 death touching wolves are pretty good). I'm even tempted to run progenitus or go back to WRP for this new meta.

What common cards can even deal with Progenitus now? Council's Judgment (which was mostly Miracles anyway), a very painful Toxic Deluge?

Quote Originally Posted by lowpass View Post
    What common cards can even deal with Progenitus now? Council's Judgment (which was mostly Miracles anyway), a very painful Toxic Deluge?
    my thoughts exactly! also garruk back on the menu big time, the big question i have is the importance of leovold......

what's the crop rotation sb package? karakas/bog/wasteland?

I'm thinking about reuniting Blood Elves, what do you think?
    Good against Lands and BUG decks maybe even for Eldrazi and Loam but I'm not sure if we kill ourself when they hit CotV...

I Like the idea of Ruric for Storm and Blood Moon for the MU mentioned before. Maybe Pyroblast as 1 oder 2off to Counter some Show and Tell kill Leovold or something like that.

What do you think which Version of Elves will evolve? It's definitly time for Combo I think.

Greets

Thread Information