Thread: [EDH SCD] World Queller

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

[EDH SCD] World Queller

World Queller

What's the scoop with this guy? Seems relatively efficient by EDH standards as a 4/4 for and handles all the permanent types for the low low cost of 'having an upkeep'. It seems quite similar to Braids, Cabal Minion, even though it has to make it a turn around the table to get there. But when it does, the opponents have arguably less control over what is being sacrificed than under Braids. And plus there's always the "aw shucks just run both" thing. We like that thing.

I feel like I never see this thing in anyone's 99 - not locally and not in any decklists online - that seems really weird. Have I misevaluated the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Dementia Warden
    Nov 2012

Re: [EDH SCD] World Queller

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    World Queller

What's the scoop with this guy? Seems relatively efficient by EDH standards as a 4/4 for and handles all the permanent types for the low low cost of 'having an upkeep'. It seems quite similar to Braids, Cabal Minion, even though it has to make it a turn around the table to get there. But when it does, the opponents have arguably less control over what is being sacrificed than under Braids. And plus there's always the "aw shucks just run both" thing. We like that thing.

I feel like I never see this thing in anyone's 99 - not locally and not in any decklists online - that seems really weird. Have I misevaluated the card?
    Having to wait until your upkeep is really bad in staxish builds. If it weren't for that he would be Braids 2.0 and therefore amazing. I've played with the card and it just never effects the game quick enough.
    "The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Feb 2010
    Houston,texas

In games with 3-4 ppl it's pretty solid. But yeah, having to wait until your next upkeep oftentimes is a wasted 5 mana. Give it a go, if everyone is playing casual decks then it's solid. Also, it takes care of PLaneswalkers the best...but, Planeswalkers can be lousy in EDH.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Oiolosse View Post
    In games with 3-4 ppl it's pretty solid. But yeah, having to wait until your next upkeep oftentimes is a wasted 5 mana. Give it a go, if everyone is playing casual decks then it's solid. Also, it takes care of PLaneswalkers the best...but, Planeswalkers can be lousy in EDH.
    I guess. But by the same token I think that casual players aren't going to let it live, and so that's fine if someone wants to blow a WoG on it. I ain't scurred! Mighta probably said creatures anyway, someone wants to blow him out the water like that, that's cool. If the card says "Someone will cast Wrath when I want them to, or I get stupid card advantage", I guess I see no issue here - I put it out there to get rid of stupid shit anyway, right? If someone is playing point removal in multiplayer then they are doing it weird. I'll no fear that guy into play real early. Someone throw a Wrath down the poop tube. And they say there are no White discard spells. Bullshit! (I'm not trolling, just being a little insipid :)~ )

I can see the arguments against, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

This guy is the MVP of my Hokori Dust Drinker deck.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzatog View Post
    This guy is the MVP of my Hokori Dust Drinker deck.
    Do you have a list posted somewhere? I've been wanting to build Hokori as my "screw you" anti-social deck for a while now...but I can never seem to finish a list.

Thread Information