Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [cards discuss] Best equipment in EDH?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: [cards discuss] Best equipment in EDH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    I always wanted to build an EDH deck with Gaea's Cradle, Tolarian Academy, Thopter Foundry, Sword of the Meek, Skullclamp, Intuition, Life from the Loam and Worms Harvest. And yes, I really don't care which of those cards are banned by whatever EDH rules and yes, I really don't care that "lol ur genral needz to be wubg and their crappy" argument. First, I'd play it in a pub where Ancestrals Recalls and Time Vaults are legal, second, I used Atogatog and Cromat as my generals cause generaly I don't give a damn about general.
    But then I remembered how much I hate the whine-and-bitch-fest called EDH and forgot about the idea. But it'll be lovely.

So my votes goes to Skullclamp, followed by Umezawa's Jitte and Sword of the Meek.

Question: Not that these cards are unknown, but for the future - is there a card tag to click in the editor?
    In case you've not determined the correct way to tag cards yet, there is indeed a cards tag.

Use [cards]Card name here[/cards] to tag a card in the middle of a sentence. EDIT: Reading the FAQ is tech, the tag is to stop parsing BB tags is [noparse][/noparse], imagine that.

One can also separate multiple cards between card tags using newlines. For example, there is a single set of card tags here, at the head and foot of the series of cards. Note that a trailing 'xQuantity' breaks the link (Wild Mongrel), but a preceding 'Quantity x' will be ignored by the card tag(Arrogant Wurm).

Wild Mongrel x4
    2x Arrogant Wurm
    Basking Rootwalla
    Wonder

Also note the way the card tags work with name shortening. I've used Legendaries/Planeswalkers to emphasize this, but depending on what you're actually putting between tags your mileage may vary.

Isamaru
    Jace
    Venser
    Wort
    Teysa
    Last edited by TsumiBand; 07-31-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I'd like to ask about Runechanter's Pike. It looks like a decent way to speed up some wins via Commander damage and/or Infect - in particular, Infect that can't use Black cards or things that count Swamps to bolster p/t - but I've no testing to back that up. As long as your meta doesn't have all that incidental graveyard hate that comes with "aw shucks, we just all maindeck Bojuka Bog because why wouldn't you", it seems strong, and cheap for its effect.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'd like to ask about Runechanter's Pike. It looks like a decent way to speed up some wins via Commander damage and/or Infect - in particular, Infect that can't use Black cards or things that count Swamps to bolster p/t - but I've no testing to back that up. As long as your meta doesn't have all that incidental graveyard hate that comes with "aw shucks, we just all maindeck Bojuka Bog because why wouldn't you", it seems strong, and cheap for its effect.
    I've seen it used in a spell heavy Wydwen, the Biting Gale draw-go style deck with something like 30 spells.

I'm not so sure about infect wins though...your best bet there is generally rocking a Skittles and killing with Lashwrite/Nightmare Lash/Strata Scythe or a quick Hatred. Anything else relies on a bunch of otherwise underpowered dorks and some random pump spells. In that case, you're probably better off with Livewire Lash and/or Wild Defiance than a random Pike.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    I've seen it used in a spell heavy Wydwen, the Biting Gale draw-go style deck with something like 30 spells.

I'm not so sure about infect wins though...your best bet there is generally rocking a Skittles and killing with Lashwrite/Nightmare Lash/Strata Scythe or a quick Hatred. Anything else relies on a bunch of otherwise underpowered dorks and some random pump spells. In that case, you're probably better off with Livewire Lash and/or Wild Defiance than a random Pike.
    Well yeah, I was talking about non-Black Infect, or at least, non mono-Black Infect. Anything that wouldn't necessarily capitalize off of using "number of Swamps you control" to boost power/toughness.

I also feel like the strongest play in Magic is to play Runechanter's Pike on a Cephalid Constable and just crush all pretenders. Nice Upheaval, fucko.

Well yeah, I was talking about non-Black Infect, or at least, non mono-Black Infect. Anything that wouldn't necessarily capitalize off of using "number of Swamps you control" to boost power/toughness.

I also feel like the strongest play in Magic is to play Runechanter's Pike on a Cephalid Constable and just crush all pretenders. Nice Upheaval, fucko.
    My friend did this to me with Empyrial Plate, Cephalid Constable is quite an underrated card

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    My friend did this to me with Empyrial Plate, Cephalid Constable is quite an underrated card
    Was it in a Rafiq deck? That seems like the most logical home for Cephalid Constable.

Was it in a Rafiq deck? That seems like the most logical home for Cephalid Constable.
    No lol: Lu Xun, Scholar General (the portal ophidian)

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    No lol: Lu Xun, Scholar General (the portal ophidian)
    That... is a $25 Thieving Magpie. Not sure if trolling, but I guess there's something to be said for style.

I've played some voltron decks and the best equipment for an attacking dude is something like:

sword of fire and ice
    sword of light and shadow
    sword of feast and famine
    sword of vengeance
    quietus spike

in that order. Cause, really, the first priority is getting card draw/advantage out of your attack step.

These are especially if your dude already has doublestrike. Otherwise, in a deck with dudes that have an "on damage" ability, fireshrieker is pretty strong. And whispersilk cloak.

Sunforger is good in the right deck, but of course its pretty expensive. You probably also want lightning greaves. But in most decks I wouldn't worry about swiftfoot boots. That's just extra more extra of a marginal effect already. While not an equipment, well of lost dreams is one of the best artifacts if you have creatures with lifelink.

Thread Information