2 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest

ok, for the MD, my hesitations are :

- dismember or terminate (with bob, you dont often want to loose life, and terminate can kill all creatures)
    - dismember or fire/ice ( it can kills snapcaster, bob, clique, two elves, shamane, delver, stoneforge..... and tap an tarmo to attack with your token and you draw a card)
    - dismember or forked bolt, like the last player who perf with grixis on SCG ( forked can be nice, because, like fire/ice he can kill lots of creatures, make CA, i think to death and takes against mother, thalia, for example)

=> i need a anti-creature who kill tarmo MD i think (so forked bolt is not very good i think, no ?)

seconde hesitation is about probe and cabal :

- in fact, in played 4 cabal and 4 probe you have 15% to have them in your started hand and 30% to have them at your 5 turn, and dont forgot, we played this cards cause of their synergie with pyromencer (but put token on probe isnt very very good) but probabilities to have cabal / probe / pyromencer are not very good (29% on turn 8 if i remember)

So, my question is, why we dont play basic discard (kozilek or thoughtseize). for example :

=> - 4 probe - 4 cabal vs + 4 fow + 2 kozilek + 2 saisie ?

and the last hesitation for the main deck is :

spell pierce. i explain why : i hate play young pyromencer and dark confidant whan i cant protect them, so im not often play them when i dont know adversaire hand or when i have 2 mana (for daze, or bolt, stp...) but if i have 3 land, i can play them to be dazeproof and if i have spell pierce, i can play it against bolt, stp ....and protect my creature (and for pyromence put token immediatly)

=> so maybe - 4 probe - 4 cabal vs + 4 fow + 2 kozilek + 2 pierce ( i had test pierce today, and im happy about it)

now we pass to the side :

SB: 2 Surgical Extraction (against dredge, combo..)
    SB: 2 Red Elemental Blast (the same and delver, jace too)
    SB: 1 Grim Lavamancer (aggro, shardless, jund....)
    SB: 1 Perish (shardless, jund, elfball, little maverick and knight of reliquary even if there are not lots of played nowadays)
    SB: 2 Submerge (the same thaht perish)
    SB: 1 Smash to Smithereens (against chalice of the void, in france there are some MUD and big red now, and turn 1 calice is awful if i havent fow)
    SB: 1 Rakdos Charm (same reason thaht smash, and to TT too, maybe dredgre and reanimator too)
    SB: 2 Baleful Strix (against miror and middrange deck : tt, esper, deathblade...)
    SB: 3 Force of Will (against combo deck of course)

my hésitation for the side :

- darkblast : i think its a very good card against all litte crea (snap, mother, thalia, grim, delver, clique...ELFBALL) and against shamane, stoneforge too. We can use it at upkeep => dredge 3 instead of draw and darkblast again. ok its litte expensive lol but it save my life sometimes (DTAXES, elfball..)

futhermore, its synergique with young pyromence to put lots of token and with grim lavamancer to put cards in graveyards

- a second perish (instead submerge maybe) because i expected to see lots of shardless, elfball, jund at the BOM paris and perish save my life lots of times =)

- flusterstorm : its confortable to know you have it against combo et ANT/TES particulary =)

- sulfur elemental or dread of night : i you thought that there will be lots of deat and taxes

i think its all for me,

thanks for reading

thanks for advices =)

ooohhh no, i forgot, i have seen this side somewhere, what do you think about that, it can make suprise =) :

sideboard :

1 griselbrand
    1 iona
    1 elseh
    4 reanimate
    2 exhume
    4 entomb
    2 faithless looting

anyway something like that. i tested it on cockatrice and people said : "you change deck" ; "what the fuck".

other strategy, you can play reanimator with pyromencer (its great with elesh). your opponent will side againt reanimator and at the second you enter delver, bob ...

THANKSSSSSSSSSS ! im waiting for answers =)

Re: Grixis Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by grixis View Post
    other strategy, you can play reanimator with pyromencer (its great with elesh). your opponent will side againt reanimator and at the second you enter delver, bob ...
    There's actually a player who has been running online daily events with this sort of concept, he basically runs a straight Reanimator deck but with 4 maindeck Pyromancers (not sure what he cut, maybe Gitaxian Probes or something?) and it actually seems to give Reanimator a lot more resilience, he beat me a couple times because I brought in all my GY-hate and he just beat me down with endless Pyromancer tokens (he just cast spells then Dazed/FoW'd his own spells to create like 5+ tokens early) so the concept definitely has merit especially if you're expecting to come up against a lot of GY hate.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

I feel this deck isn't as good as brug against jund.

what do you guys think.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

thanks for answer

this is my list :

creatures (13)

4 Young Pyromancer
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Delver of Secrets
    1 Grim Lavamancer

sorcery and instant (29)

4 Brainstorm
    4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Ponder
    4 Stifle
    4 Daze
    2 Dismember
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Gitaxian Probe

lands (18) :

2 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest

ok, for the MD, my hesitations are :

- dismember or terminate (with bob, you dont often want to loose life, and terminate can kill all creatures)
    - dismember or fire/ice ( it can kills snapcaster, bob, clique, two elves, shamane, delver, stoneforge..... and tap an tarmo to attack with your token and you draw a card)
    - dismember or forked bolt, like the last player who perf with grixis on SCG ( forked can be nice, because, like fire/ice he can kill lots of creatures, make CA, i think to death and takes against mother, thalia, for example)

=> i need a anti-creature who kill tarmo MD i think (so forked bolt is not very good i think, no ?)

seconde hesitation is about probe and cabal :

- in fact, in played 4 cabal and 4 probe you have 15% to have them in your started hand and 30% to have them at your 5 turn, and dont forgot, we played this cards cause of their synergie with pyromencer (but put token on probe isnt very very good) but probabilities to have cabal / probe / pyromencer are not very good (29% on turn 8 if i remember)

So, my question is, why we dont play basic discard (kozilek or thoughtseize). for example :

=> - 4 probe - 4 cabal vs + 4 fow + 2 kozilek + 2 saisie ?

and the last hesitation for the main deck is :

spell pierce. i explain why : i hate play young pyromencer and dark confidant whan i cant protect them, so im not often play them when i dont know adversaire hand or when i have 2 mana (for daze, or bolt, stp...) but if i have 3 land, i can play them to be dazeproof and if i have spell pierce, i can play it against bolt, stp ....and protect my creature (and for pyromence put token immediatly)

=> so maybe - 4 probe - 4 cabal vs + 4 fow + 2 kozilek + 2 pierce ( i had test pierce today, and im happy about it)

now we pass to the side :

SB: 2 Surgical Extraction (against dredge, combo..)
    SB: 2 Red Elemental Blast (the same and delver, jace too)
    SB: 1 Grim Lavamancer (aggro, shardless, jund....)
    SB: 1 Perish (shardless, jund, elfball, little maverick and knight of reliquary even if there are not lots of played nowadays)
    SB: 2 Submerge (the same thaht perish)
    SB: 1 Smash to Smithereens (against chalice of the void, in france there are some MUD and big red now, and turn 1 calice is awful if i havent fow)
    SB: 1 Rakdos Charm (same reason thaht smash, and to TT too, maybe dredgre and reanimator too)
    SB: 2 Baleful Strix (against miror and middrange deck : tt, esper, deathblade...)
    SB: 3 Force of Will (against combo deck of course)

my hésitation for the side :

- darkblast : i think its a very good card against all litte crea (snap, mother, thalia, grim, delver, clique...ELFBALL) and against shamane, stoneforge too. We can use it at upkeep => dredge 3 instead of draw and darkblast again. ok its litte expensive lol but it save my life sometimes (DTAXES, elfball..)

futhermore, its synergique with young pyromence to put lots of token and with grim lavamancer to put cards in graveyards

- a second perish (instead submerge maybe) because i expected to see lots of shardless, elfball, jund at the BOM paris and perish save my life lots of times =)

- flusterstorm : its confortable to know you have it against combo et ANT/TES particulary =)

- sulfur elemental or dread of night : i you thought that there will be lots of deat and taxes

i think its all for me,

thanks for reading

thanks for advices =)

ooohhh no, i forgot, i have seen this side somewhere, what do you think about that, it can make suprise =) :

sideboard :

1 griselbrand
    1 iona
    1 elseh
    4 reanimate
    2 exhume
    4 entomb
    2 faithless looting

anyway something like that. i tested it on cockatrice and people said : "you change deck" ; "what the fuck".

THANKSSSSSSSSSS ! im waiting for answers =)
    I actually like this concept. It looks pretty fun. Seems more fun than that BRUG deck out there.

Thing is, decks with counters and DRS will still not be the easiest thing to beat.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I think the transforming sideboard is decent.
    I don't think it's good for a long tournament.

I think 0 force main simply is not possible to pull off during a tournament.

Personally I run 3 probe, 1 therapy, 4 ponder, 3 force and 0 lavamancer main.

I run 1 Perish, 1 Dread of Night in sideboard, and these have been enough so far for the matches I want them in.

Deck is still a blast to play, and I really think it's well positioned atm.

true, i agree, its not good for a tournament...

and advice for the rest of my deck (not with reanimator version)

thanks

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

true, i agree, its not good for a tournament...

and advice for the rest of my deck (not with reanimator version)

thanks
    My current list:

4x Delver
    4x Bob
    4x Pyromancer

4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    3x Gitaxian Probe

1x Cabal Therapy

4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Dismember

4x Stifle
    4x Daze
    1x Spell Snare
    3x Force of Will

4x Wasteland
    3x Sea
    3x Volc
    8x blue fetch (2 delta, 2 misty, 3 tarn and 1 strand).

SB:
    2x Cabal Therapy
    2x REB
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Grim Lavamancer
    2x Smash to Smithereens
    1x Dread of Night
    1x Perish
    2x Fire Covenant
    1x Electrickery
    1x Fluff-card (will most likely be a surgical extraction).

my final list is a little the same than you

but

i played :

- 1 ponder - 1 cabal - 1 spell snare / + 2 spell pierce + 1 grim lavamencer (3 cabal in side)

i prefer spell pierce at spell snare

like this when i have 3 land i can protect my bob, delver, pyromencer etc from bolt, stp...

Furthermore, i can counter liliana, thoughtseize, brainstorm, jace...

i think its not bad...

But, when can i play instead of spell pierce ?

And what do you think about darkblast ? =)

- 2 submerge / + 1 perish + 1 darkblast

thanks

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

currently, darkblast is the 15th sideboard card =)

snare is for goyf/bob/sfm etc.

yes i know but you have anti creature : dismember, bolt (side : perish, submerge...)

what we want to counter is : liliana, discard (kozilek,...) jace, stp, bolt... maybe jitte and batterskull if you kill stoneforge

other question :

dismember or terminate ?

cause, i often play dismember for 2 (1 colorless and 1 black) life because with dark confidant i dont want to loose to much life

and terminate can kill all creature too (knight, tarmo, grisel) and without loose life. His only inconveniant is for one red and one black, do you think its very bad in his deck ?

thanks

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

I really like where these Grixis Pyromancer / Reanimator brews are going.

Here is Todd Anderson's deck tech at the SCG Invitational

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/...enstein_w.html

He 4-0'ed a daily event a few weeks ago with it:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/digital.../tourn/6044698

And Drew Levin just wrote a premium article about the deck (will be available for free one month from now):

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...nkenstein.html

Going forward, I want to see if I can fit Izzet Charm and/or Thought Scour to put fatties and Cabal Therapy in my graveyard...

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

Really interested in trying out this young pyromancer / reanimator hybrid. Looks like a fun variation

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

i see lots of Deathmark (3 or 4 in side)

so, this card cant be replace dismember main deck ?

Because, creature you want to kill are : tarmo, mother, stoneforge, shamane, knight, thalia.....(you just not kill dark confidant), you see ather creature that i forget ?

thanks

PS : SirTylerGalt, thanks for those articles =) =) =)

i think i had found something to replace dismember =)

Smother : what are creatures that smother don't destroy in legacy ?

=> dark confidant, stoneforge, tarmo, clique, snapcaster, shamane, delver : all creatures no ?

and for 1 colorless, one black contrary to :

- dismember : have to pay life (and we dont want it with bob)

- terminate : one red, one black (we play 18 lands, we dont always have lots of land)

- foked bolt : dont destroy big crea like tarmo, knight and its sorcery

so, what do you think about that smother ?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

=> dark confidant, stoneforge, tarmo, clique, snapcaster, shamane, delver : all creatures no ?

so, what do you think about that smother ?
    What about Disfigure? It kills all but Tarmogoyf, but is sitting at the 1 mana sweet spot. It answers 90% of all the problems that Tempo would normally face.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

yes but, the aim of the cards is to kill all creature no ?

that's why you dont play forked bolt

if you want to play disfigure, i think that Chain Lightning is better, cause its one more blast to finish pv of your opponent, like we often do with bolt (even if chain lightning is a sorcery)

i just suppose ....

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    What about Disfigure? It kills all but Tarmogoyf, but is sitting at the 1 mana sweet spot. It answers 90% of all the problems that Tempo would normally face.
    I'd rather play darkblast. Only think darkblast doesn't kill is SFM and a flipped delver, however.
    The only reason to play forked bolt is due to massive amount of DnT in your local meta, basically.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    I'd rather play darkblast. Only think darkblast doesn't kill is SFM and a flipped delver, however.
    The only reason to play forked bolt is due to massive amount of DnT in your local meta, basically.
    And Deathrite Shaman, which blocks Elemental tokens.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    And Deathrite Shaman, which blocks Elemental tokens.
    Darkblast kills it, after it blocks. It's a drawstep for a DRS.

Thread Information