Thread: 4th at LGS with Terrageddon.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

4th at LGS with Terrageddon.

On Thursday I finished 4th with Terrageddon in our LGS. The report is a bit bewildered, as I made no notes during games.
    I took T-geddon for three reasons: a) I'd vomit the moment I'd touch a blue dual, b) I wanted to play my Savannahs before I'll sell them and c) just because.

Deckliszt:

// Lands
    2 Forest
    2 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wasteland
    1 Brushland
    3 Savannah
    3 Secluded Steppe
    3 Tranquil Thicket
    //\\
    // Creatures
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Weathered Wayfarer
    4 Werebear
    4 Terravore
    2 Masticore
    3 Mystic Enforcer
    3 Exalted Angel
    //\\
    // Spells
    3 Armageddon
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Armadillo Cloak
    1 Aura Shards
    //\\
    // Sideboard
    2 Choke
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Orim's Chant
    3 Reprisal
    3 Krosan Grip

Some weird card choices:
    Brushland ain't some savage tech, I lost one Savannah in a pub. Instead of Llanowars I opted for far more aggressive Fyndhorns – their daggerz! Masticore has body attached, while Jitte has ugly new frame. I was unwilling to buy Naturalizes, so KGrip was it, although...

Round 1: bye

Round 2: buddy Tom with NO RUG
    g1: My Savannah->Fyndhorn (and then his turn2 Clique-peek) left Tom totally perplexed. I built Bear mana, which was a mistake: I should have played Terravore and then Geddoned, otoh I feared Daze and he had manadorks, too. But this way I was simply waiting for NO. He flied for five dmg twice and then on my nine life (with T-vore finally in play), Tom just ordered some big bad hydraboy.
    sb: out one Geddon and something, in two Chokes. No Reprisals, though, as I didn't fear Goyfs, just NO-Prog. I should have sb-ed Orim’s Fog, maybe...
    g2: I mulled to four and lost.

Round 3: a nice guy with D&T
    g1: We started with some small dudes. Then I played Masticore, but he removed it with Fiend Hunter. He summoned two Mirran Crusaders, but when he attacked with them, I Swordsed the Hunter, blocked one Crusader with returned Masticore, then regenerated it while it ate the dude. Then I slowly overwhelmed him with threshed Enforcers, holding ground with Masticore.
    sb: 3 Krosan Grips instead of Geddon, Werebear and something else.
    g2: I opened with Wayfarer and since then, I couldn't lose - look up the UWT thread. I Wasted his land, but mostly we stared: his Crusader was beating into MoR, otoh he StPed my Masticore. Then he played Cataclysm, to which I responded with Wayfarer and found Savannah. Clysm resolved and left my bottlefield filled with Savannah, MoR and Library, while he kept just Crusader plus land. I drawn two cards (falling to ten life or so), played Savannah no.2, MoR no.2 and Wayfarer no.1 (or no.3, depends...) to have blockers and protectors, then on my next turn I played Terravore. It attacked for eight (Mirran ate two damage). Opponent played Pithing Creature naming Mother, but I drawn Geddon, washed out lands and killed him with 16/16 T-Rex.

End result: 2:1, 4th place

Pros:
    - old borders only
    - round 2 opponent
    - round 3 opponent
    - round 3 games
    - SFMs set sold
    Cons:
    - round 1 opponent
    - round 2 games
    - KotR been printed too late to join the party
    - prizes structure (Tarn, Jitte, Brainstorm, chocolate medal) that left me with empty hands
    - the fact that the deck is very unforgiving of mistakes and hard to master

I think about teching the deck, keeping Savs for a while and having some more fun with the deck.

BDP

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Re: 4th at LGS with Terrageddon.

Professional troll, we salute you.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Professional troll, we salute you.
    Should I take pictures next time or even notarially certified enrollment?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

1 victory = top 4 ... ?:)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Should I take pictures next time or even notarially certified enrollment?
    You mistake my applause. Snark towards the format, playing a highly rogue deck, top 4'ing with 1 win, and general hilarity, all get my sincere approval. :D keep trollin!

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Seriously, lol. Great play, good games. Can we expect a primer for this new savage tech in time to destroy BoM Paris?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    1 victory = top 4 ... ?:)
    I fear that you guessed where's the trouble. And yes, I'd be more proud of my result if the 1st round win wasn't against bye.
    Normally there are some twenty ppl in our lgs for Thursdays Legacy evenings. Sadly, an ugly thing called "summer vacation" happened and there were a bit less people than usual, resulting in mere three rounds of Swiss. I don't even want to leak the exact number to not lessen my achievement...

Ok, we were nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    You mistake my applause. Snark towards the format, playing a highly rogue deck, top 4'ing with 1 win, and general hilarity, all get my sincere approval. :D keep trollin!
    Oh, I'm really sorry! I misunderstood your quote! I'm glad you loved the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post

Seriously, lol. Great play, good games. Can we expect a primer for this new savage tech in time to destroy BoM Paris?
    Again, I'm glad you loved the report.
    It saddens me that I played just one-and-a-half match, because I simply can't count the R2g2. (Otoh, I should have kept the opening slow seven and see what happens, but who could have known that I mulled to four? Btw, it was three lands and Exlated, and I drawn an elf, so it wasn't total thrash.)
    Primer before BoM Paris? No no, not before the event! I want to keep the deck secret, so that ppl don't know how to properly crush it.

Btw, the deck is not completely bad. It has really big dudes to overrun the usual 2/x and x/2 creature decks, it sports some basics and "tap-to-add-g" creatures to ty to dodge LD a bit, has quite some synergies and quite some annoying creatures. If I'd have to really improve it without taking care of old/new cardframe, I wouldn't even use many new cards: KotR, Jitte, LftL, Horizon Canopy, maybe Obl. Ring and maybe Elspeth. I may chicken for the next time and use some of those cards, at least I'd play my Chinese KotRs.
    I dislike the cipt lands, their effect is marginal and I don't think I'll introduce LftL. (It's a great engine, but it takes some slots and it's much better in Aggro Loam than in T-geddon.) But I may keep two or three cyclers in deck just for the occasional gain, while what I really add will be Canopy/ies (the future frame is beautiful, so it does not count towards the "old frame only" condition) and of course: two basic. If I'd stand against normal RUG, not NatOrder, I'd easily win - all my ground creatures are bigger, I can't be manascrewed and though not every creature is a threat, 28 bodies count and SBed Reprisals are da tech. (The only thing that I fear is fast Delver.)

I'll post a picture of deck, it's quite nice if you're into pauper's pimp.

PS: Btw, I'm not even fan of Masticore, but every time I played it, I was really surprised with its strength. Also: Is Land Tax a card? But I got just one and its price went a bit too high for a person who's in fact slowly cashing out...

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

excuse me op I want to try your powerful legacy deck but do you know what your matchup is against gw turbofog?
    T: @feingersh

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by bfeingersh View Post
    excuse me op I want to try your powerful legacy deck but do you know what your matchup is against gw turbofog?
    Abysmal at the very best...

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Needs moar Knight of the Reliquary
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Plague Sliver View Post
    Needs moar Knight of the Reliquary
    It's a gentleman's agreement not to do so ;)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    It's a gentleman's agreement not to do so ;)
    Yep, kind of...

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Interested in a deck I top4ed? Ok, straight from the "pimp your decks" thread:

Lands:

Summon spells:

Other spells:

Çû de Boârd

"Power creep is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Power creep is not a fact. It's an opinion. Power creep is not a declaration. It's a dare. Power creep is potential. Power creep is temporary. Power creep is nothing."

Thread Information