Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1947

Thread: [Deck] bUrg Tempo

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Re: [Deck] bUrg Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by blablub View Post
    Hey,
    someone of you knows what the guys at the Prague Eternal Event played? i saw Thomas Mar and another guy on Camera but cant get the correct lists. Especially the list with confis looks interesting :)
    The Top 8 lists will be posted here http://www.pragueeternal.com/
    They're not online atm...

Tomas Mar played his SCM, Painful Truths list which you can find here http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=19305&iddeck=146792
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Ahh thanks :)

I think Thomas has some changes. i'm pretty sure that i saw a baleful Strix in his Deck while he was sideboarding. I think i will test his build because i like to draw extra cards :D not sure about the K-Command though

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey guys, today the top 8 lists from Prague Eternal got published and heres the 4c Delver list which made Top 8.

Martin Hrycej

4 Delver of secrets
    4 Deathrite shaman
    3 Tarmogoyf
    2 Dark Confidant
    1 Snapcaster Mage

4 Daze
    4 Force of will

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    1 Painful truths
    1 Sylvan library

4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Abrupt decay

2 Spell pierce
    1 Thoughtseize

2 Tropial island
    2 Underground sea
    2 Volcanic island
    1 Taiga
    4 Misty rainforest
    4 Scalding tarn
    4 Wasteland

Side:
    1 Envelop
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Jace the mind sculptor
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Grim lavamancer
    1 Ancient grudge
    1 Life from the loam
    1 Golgari charm
    1 Darkblast
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    1 Null rod
    1 Terminate

Really interesting choices...I like that he's just playing 1 Painful Truths MD because I played 2 turneys now with 2 copies MD and it's really really clunky & tough to get full value out of it because of the 3 colors you need at the same time.
    I think it's long ago that I saw Dark Confidant in a 4c shell but no doubt he's strong. I really dont like the Taiga at all, if he really decides to play a non-blue dual land he just should run Bayou instead because a 3rd source of black & green mana is way more Important than a 3rd red source.

Overall a more "controlish" value build of the deck but I quite like it as long as he's not playing against Eldrazi...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Manipulato; 03-23-2016 at 06:27 AM.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Thanks for Sharing.

I will give it a try today, the same 75. Some choices are looking greedy. For Example Terminate. But I'm really excited over the Grim Lavamancers because i'm allways looking for an answer against Death/Taxes and Elves at the same time. All the 1offs might be really cool. Looking forward to test it.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Thanks for Sharing.

I will give it a try today, the same 75. Some choices are looking greedy. For Example Terminate. But I'm really excited over the Grim Lavamancers because i'm allways looking for an answer against Death/Taxes and Elves at the same time. All the 1offs might be really cool. Looking forward to test it.
    Looking forward to your testing, let us know how it went, I´m curious...

Grim Lavamancer is good for sure but I´m not completley sure if I want a removal like this becaue it´s really GY dependent and has a bit of a antisynergie with Goyf & Shamans...Especially DnT has revokers to shut him off and board in 3 RIP G2&3 so this shuts him off too...And against Elves he just can be to slow...

I´m really happy with 2 Golgari Charm because it hits everything not matter if they have Revoker, RIP, Mother or whatever...It´s also more fast against such decks because it´s just a 2 mana one sided wrath of god in most situations...

The Jace in the SB is also unnecessary in my opinion because the deck is really good suited for more longer value games for a Delver deck already and Jace is really clunky. If he wants another value slot in the SB for Miracles & Shardless I would play a 2nd copie of Painful Truths...
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Just won the whole thing with 4-0 (Shardless, Burn, Miracles, U/R Control)
    Confidants are so awesome! I think i will stay with these. The Jace was also nice, but not really needed. I think after postboard with all these hatecards you are so far ahead of miracles.
    I liked the lavamancers as well. They were good against Shardless, especially against all their Shamans, Strixes etc
    I think i will change the Terminate to Go for the Throat. Just because of the better Mana. Maybe you want a second Copy of the hard removal Spell against Eldrazi
    The weakest cards are the Pierces. Maybe i cut one for a Snare. Hardcounter for Goyf, Balance and RiP seems good to me.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Confidants are so awesome! I think i will stay with these. The Jace was also nice, but not really needed. I think after postboard with all these hatecards you are so far ahead of miracles.
    I liked the lavamancers as well. They were good against Shardless, especially against all their Shamans, Strixes etc
    I think i will change the Terminate to Go for the Throat. Just because of the better Mana. Maybe you want a second Copy of the hard removal Spell against Eldrazi
    The weakest cards are the Pierces. Maybe i cut one for a Snare. Hardcounter for Goyf, Balance and RiP seems good to me.
    Cool man, congratz!
    Sad that you never played against a creature deck like Elves & DnT...Eldrazi would have been also really interesting to see...

My experience with Pierce in 4c Delver were also solala, but they're too important in combo MU'S and super against burn, they were also really strong against 4c loam, I think 2 copies just have to stay because otherwise we were ending in a 4c midrange random pile deck...

I'm currently testing 2 TNN & 1 Library MD and the TNN was everytime a game winner against DnT or Maverick but a bit slow & clunky against Grixis Delver for example, will test it more tonight against my friends. ..
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Hey guys, I'm only a few steps away from jumping on the 4c Delver Train, trying to get the last cards together the next 2 months.

Nice finish, did you also play with the Taiga? Would you cut or replace it with e.g. Bayou as Manipulato pondered?

I personally like to see at least the one Thoughtseize in that guys MD, cause I'm planning to start my 4c Delver experiment with two of them MD. Didn't see no lists with Thoughtseize MD so far.

Thanks man :)

hm, your argument as regards Pierce is an argument Pro-Snare. Against the only relevant Combodeck Storm, Spell Snare is much better then Pierce. The Same goes for 4c Loam. Even against Burn a hard Counter for Price and Eidolon is really good ;) Spell Pierce becomes dead so fast. Especially in this "more grindy" Approach. I think a 1/1 Split might be worth it.

Maybe the Jace-Slot should be another sweeper or another removalspell for big Creatures. But i was really impressed by those Lavamancers

Thoughtseize as a 1-off seems cool. There are some Situations where the one Thoughtseize can win you the game. Timing is the most important. I think Sam Black wrotes an article about Discard some time ago with the same in mind.

The only reason for the Taiga is that you want to cast all your spells out of 2 mana. With a Bayou in this slot you can't cast Abrupt Decay. I think if you dont need this, just play blue Duals only. I've tested this alot the last years and there is no correct choice because both have their own Pros and Cons. While i'm not a huge fan of the "playing style" argument, i think this is a case where this argument is correct.

The only reason for the Taiga is that you want to cast all your spells out of 2 mana. With a Bayou in this slot you can't cast Abrupt Decay. I think if you dont need this, just play blue Duals only. I've tested this alot the last years and there is no correct choice because both have their own Pros and Cons. While i'm not a huge fan of the "playing style" argument, i think this is a case where this argument is correct.
    Yeah, I'll just begin with the 2/2/2 split with 8 Fetches and 4 Wastelands and see how it feels with adding more Fetches or Taiga in mind. I'm curious to see in what configurations my favored playstile will result :)

Quote Originally Posted by haloquaero View Post
    Yeah, I'll just begin with the 2/2/2 split with 8 Fetches and 4 Wastelands and see how it feels with adding more Fetches or Taiga in mind. I'm curious to see in what configurations my favored playstile will result :)
    Of course you can do it. But keep in mind that you allways need green to deploy your threads. So i feel its risky with just two Tropicals. The first "burg-manabase" a few years ago was 7 fetches and 3 Tropicals.
    But two might be also ok. It's just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    What do you guys think?
    he won Friday trial with it and left after top 4 split in the ME, dunno his MUs though

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hi all,
    today I played our locals and went 5:0 in 1st place.

MU's were

Round 1: Burn (Won 2:0)

Round 2: Solidarity/High Tide combo (Won 2:0)

Round 3: Death & Taxes (Won 2:0)

Round 4: Junk Rock (Won 2:0)

Round 5: Elves (Won 2:0)

I played this list:

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Tarmogoyf
    2 True-Name Nemesis

4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    3 Spell Pierce

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    1 Sylvan Library

4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Abrupt Decay

2 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Volcanic Island
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Dismember
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Painful Truths

The deck performed like a hot knife through butter! TNN is just bonkers against Death&Taxes and I would never play less than 2 golgari charm in the SB. Spell Pierce was very important against Burn, Junk & High Tide combo and defenetly better than spell snare for example like discussed earlier.

I tested this list 2 days before the tournament against my friends and these were the results:

Eldrazi -> Won 4:0 (including 2 SB games)
    Lands -> Won 3:0 (including 2 SB games)
    UG Infect -> Won 3:1 (including 2 SB games)

So I had a really good week with the build and was quite confidant for the turney today.

I think the deck has 4 flex slots which should be changed dependent on the meta you expect. In my list that would be 2 TNN 1 Library the 3rd Abrupt Decay.

We played the whole day streaming on twitch but I only played the game against DnT on camera because I didnt wanted to lose my focus while take care of lifepoints etc on the stream system...
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Congratz,

Of Course, True-Name is awesome against D/T and i dont want to talk about its weaknesses because its very obvious. If i expect alot of D/T, Junk, Maverick and stuff like that i will play them too ;)

a friend of mine is testing a classical build with Mungos and Stifle, this might be solid as well, not sure about the Stifles though.

Regarding your List, if you go to play the 7th Removalspell i might play a Dismember Main. I feel its good to have maindeck-out against Gurmag Angler, which is a real problem. Otherwise the Grixis MU is just a Free-Win because of Goyfs. i dont think its correct to play without Flusterstorms but i'm huge Fan of Thoughtseizes. I thought about replacing the Pierces with Thoughtseizes because as i allready mentioned Pierces dont work well for me.

Whats the Twitch channel of your Legacy Tourney? :)

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Congratz,

Of Course, True-Name is awesome against D/T and i dont want to talk about its weaknesses because its very obvious. If i expect alot of D/T, Junk, Maverick and stuff like that i will play them too ;)

a friend of mine is testing a classical build with Mungos and Stifle, this might be solid as well, not sure about the Stifles though.

Regarding your List, if you go to play the 7th Removalspell i might play a Dismember Main. I feel its good to have maindeck-out against Gurmag Angler, which is a real problem. Otherwise the Grixis MU is just a Free-Win because of Goyfs. i dont think its correct to play without Flusterstorms but i'm huge Fan of Thoughtseizes. I thought about replacing the Pierces with Thoughtseizes because as i allready mentioned Pierces dont work well for me.

Whats the Twitch channel of your Legacy Tourney? :)
    I played 2 Flusterstorm in the SB at the last 2 turneys but I wanted to attack combo especially TES/ANT on another angle, so I made room for 2/3 Thoughtseize...
    Having "only" counterspells against storm is ok but far from good...
    1 Dismember MD is good if you expect more anglers but my local store has no Grixis Delver or 4c Delver Player exept for me, so I lean on the 3rd Abrupt Decay because it's just way more flexible and also good against Eldrazi (Chalice, Thorn, Mimic, Endless One, Revoker, Jitte etc).
    It's also very important to get rid of Counterbalance and I missed the 3rd copie in the past when I played just 2.

Another reason for me not to play Spell Snare instead of Spell Pierce is that Show & Tell decks are not dead and I faced it 3 times at my last 2 turneys (exept for the last one). I had a 2/2 split with Pierce/Snare and most of the time I wished it would have been a Pierce exept for the Loam MU I faced.

I really dont like the oldschool list with Stifle & Mungos because it's just outdated for me, TNN or Gurmag Angler are just more powerful than the mungo and he gets outclased very often...
    Those lists were also less aggressive because of 4 Delver 4 Deathrite 4 Mungos and no goyfs, Angler or TNN's which uses the tempo game less and gives your opponent more time...

Our stream is heldenschmiedeKe on twitch but the videos are not online atm, will be done next days by a friend of mine.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey guys,
    any recent results from the 4c front? Blablub have to played/tested the prague eternal list again?
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Heyho, I'm planning to play BURG for the first time in my current life at our local legacy event in about 2 weeks, which will also take place for the first time this year.

Haven't seen most of the guys for quite a longer time, but I expect decks like Burn, Patriot, Death & Taxes, Dark Maverick, Miracles, BG NicFit, Elves, Storm, Painter, 12 Post and Reanimator.

This is what I tinkered together today:

Main:

2 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Floodes Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest

2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island

4 Wasteland

2 Tarmogoyf
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 True-Name Nemesis

4 Daze
    3 Stifle
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Forked Bolt
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Force of Will
    1 Thoughtseize
    2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Sylvan Library

Side:

1 Winter Orb
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Diabolic Edict
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Sulfur Elemental
    1 Invasive Surgery
    1 Go for the Throat
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Red Elemental Blast

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey burg'ers

Today I played our locals and went in 1st place again with 4:1

15 Creatures
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 Dark Confidant

26 Spells
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    3 Spell Pierce

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder

4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Abrupt Decay

19 Lands
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Volcanic Island
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Invasive Surgery
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Dismember
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Pithing Needle

My MU's today were super strange and dodged Miracles & Lands all day.

Round 1: Junk Won 2:0 (Without Goyf but with Lingering Souls)

Round 2: NicFit Lost 0:2 (BGW build with 4 Siege Rhino + 3 Restoration Angel)

Round 3: Burn Won 2:0 (2 Sulfuric Vortex + 2 Pyrostatic Pillar MD)

Round 4: Infect Won 2:0 (Ugw build with 2 RIP + 2 Swords to Plowshares in the SB)

Round 5: Slivers Won 2:1 (Counterslivers with 4 Cavern 4 Vial 4 Mutavault MD)

The 2 Invasive Surgery were completley useless and will add the 2nd Surgical Extraction again for 1 Surgery. If I would have been faced Miracles & lands it would have been better MU's for the card but ok things came different.

Dark Confidant were really good and drew me lots of shiny magic cards even if I boarded him out in 3 MU´s but TNN & the 1off Painful Truth which I played in those slots before would have been boarded out too.

I really like the MD but the SB has to be changed.

Greetings
    Last edited by Manipulato; 04-26-2016 at 08:13 AM.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Congrats on your results!

Would you mind sharing your boarding strategies vs these matchups?

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Congrats on your results!

Would you mind sharing your boarding strategies vs these matchups?
    Thx, yes of course but let me do this tommorrow, I'm too tired now
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Thread Information