Page 220 of 313 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Re: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPitPk...ature=youtu.be

Its also now on you tube. Where you can see in g2 where I misscount and decay one time I dont need to (I thought I would got so and extra turn).

And g3 after he snap surgicals. I have the kill just casting tendrills and paying for 5 flusters but I was into the plan of finding a led, rain of filth, decay, grip, fluster or second tendrills and even I had him at 10 life in my notepad I just missed it and went for all this cantrip line where I could have missed the win (had a lot of outs, but sometimes luck is not there always) and loose.

But still a nice game of beating 2 fluster, 2 fow, surgical and caster.

Thanks to everyone for beeing cheering for me!

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

So did I read correctly that all Storm players dodged Eldrazi this GP?

(Also, it's interesting how this is reverse-Lille - everyone made day two there, nobody did in Prague.)
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    So did I read correctly that all Storm players dodged Eldrazi this GP?

(Also, it's interesting how this is reverse-Lille - everyone made day two there, nobody did in Prague.)
    It is because you guys said: "Eldrazi? Let us hope, we can simply dodge this deck!"

My friend Lukas (missed Top8 at his last Game) ran into 1 Eldrazi deck (and beat it) Day 1. But yeah i guess Togores (Congrats!) simply lead the field and all Eldrazi (15 at top100) only saw his back and were unable to catch the Master of Storm.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

The Eldrazi count between the six players in my travelling group was 3, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0. Completely ridiculous. (I didn't play Storm, but I faced Eldrazi three times.)
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Playing 0 eldrazi was really lucky. Expected to play 2 or so. Was surrounded by them. But like always to win a big event you have to be really lucky in a lot of spots. Also I saw most decks really prepared for eldrazi and not for storm. Like 3 sb cards only or so. Also from round 11 or so. There was just one or may be two eldrazis on the ~10 first tables. Just players hated a lot against and that payed of for me when I got to the top.

Better lucky than good :D

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    Playing 0 eldrazi was really lucky. Expected to play 2 or so. Was surrounded by them. But like always to win a big event you have to be really lucky in a lot of spots. Also I saw most decks really prepared for eldrazi and not for storm. Like 3 sb cards only or so. Also from round 11 or so. There was just one or may be two eldrazis on the ~10 first tables. Just players hated a lot against and that payed of for me when I got to the top.

As I said on facebook: You got lucky and made the best of it, really happy for you. I remember being surrounded by Miracles day two, was your experience similar?

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Congratulations, Rodrigo. Awesome results.
    I was on Sloshstorm this weekend but had some hard time facing some difficult MUs and eventually lost too many rounds. I don't want to recall the bad beats whatever stories but instead carry on.
    The only thing that bothered me (and still bothers) is that I played decently enough to reach day2 but that's mtg/Legacy.

Rd1 bye
    Rd2 bye
    Rd3 Sneakshow 2-1
    Rd4 Grixis Delver 1-2
    Rd5 Canadian 2-1
    Rd6 TA 2-1
    Rd7 Aggro Loam 0-2
    Rd8 SneakShow 0-2
    Rd9 Shardless BUG 1-2

I was already on tilt before the last two rounds. See you next time.
    I think I might have been your round 7 opponent. If so, we didn't really have much of a match. :( I hope I didn't do anything to put you on tilt.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Fergblaster View Post
    I think I might have been your round 7 opponent. If so, we didn't really have much of a match. :( I hope I didn't do anything to put you on tilt.
    I think it was a Scot. No, the match was fine. I mean I had no play in game 1 and then mulliganed into oblivion in the second. That's how it goes.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    You're too humble Togores. I'm sure we could compile a long list of actions you took throughout the course of the tournament and the days, weeks, months, and years prior that put you in a position to do very well. Luck also plays a role but you'd never be in the position to get so lucky without those preparations.

I'm curious, when, if ever, storm has taken the top prize at a GP.

Jun 2013
    Hasselt, Belgium

Storm took the first place at GP Ghent wich was about 5 years ago

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    ... a point where I question whether the Mtg makes some sense at all, ...dissapointment on a GP in my very hometown...
    Wanna read my report?

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Northern Ireland

Rodrigo, I just wanted to add that I'm very pleased that a storm player with your attitude won. It's great to see an individual in your position still acknowledging where they could improve and being humble - I hope it continues to serve you well in your life. Many of the other consistent performing storm players people look up to in our community serve as poor role models to other players due to their arrogance and poor integrity with the rules of the game.

Also, I switched from TES to ANT about 8 months ago, after having played TES for 4.5 years. You were a strong influence in that decision and I haven't looked back.

Congratulations on an excellent performance.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by vercadium View Post
    Many of the other consistent performing storm players people look up to in our community serve as poor role models to other players due to their arrogance and poor integrity with the rules of the game.
    I definitely see Storm players being arrogant (myself included) but integrity with the rules of the game? That's a very bold statement that you have to elaborate on.

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    I think it was a Scot. No, the match was fine. I mean I had no play in game 1 and then mulliganed into oblivion in the second. That's how it goes.
    Yeah that was me. Unlucky man. I had similar problems on Day 2; mulliganed lots against Shardless and Burn and got beat up by Floch on Miracles. Pity there aren't more Legacy GPs to redeem ourselves!

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I definitely see Storm players being arrogant (myself included) but integrity with the rules of the game? That's a very bold statement that you have to elaborate on.
    I think he means that Wizards doesn't want palyers to cast so many spells in one round: "Go and play, DnT, guys, ah and SCG says you should splash for Nahiri!" That's the only senseful interpretation of his statement.
    In a way, Storm demands a certain type of player who might be regarded as "arrogant" but well...

Quote Originally Posted by Fergblaster View Post
    Yeah that was me. Unlucky man. I had similar problems on Day 2; mulliganed lots against Shardless and Burn and got beat up by Floch on Miracles. Pity there aren't more Legacy GPs to redeem ourselves!
    It was nice to meet you; crap you didn't do better the next day. Well well, next year or the other eternal events. You know, the luck...

All in all, I have to say that I was kind of surprised by the amount of Shardless I saw and Show and Tell based decks being everywhere as well (at least day1). I wasn't really testing these two MUs and expected to face Eldrazi/Elves(or other non-U junk)/Delver/Miracles but dodged 3 of them, which wasn't great in
    the case of Miracles and Elves(read turn 2 otp fishing deck) since I was well prepared for Miracles.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Shout out to my mirror match opponent at GP Columbus who fucked up his go-off turn and shamefully passed the turn, watched me walk into* a Flusterstorm, then got me on the next turn anyway.

* I could have played around it slightly by going for Past in Flames instead of Tendrils, but it turned out that it wouldn't have mattered.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Wanna read my report?
    I guess I've heard it already...

my reaction exactly, can't really find CT's interpretation in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post

Bryant Cook

I think that it's some sort of a dig at me. Not that I'm denying that I'm a bit arrogant.

Congrats on the win, Togores. I'm curious, at 1:00:35 in the video (when Past in Flames resolves after the second Surgical Extraction), you have 2 mana floating, 4 untapped lands, and Lion's Eye Diamond and Tendrils of Agony in hand. Tholance has only 10 life at that point, and the storm count is 5. Why not just tap two lands and play Tendrils right then? Tholance will have to use his Top to draw Flusterstorm and counter. Then, you can play LED, tap another land, and flash Tendrils back again. I suppose you don't know for sure that Tholance has Flusterstorm on top of his deck, but I can't imagine what he could have that would disrupt playing Tendrils twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Congrats on the win, Togores. I'm curious, at 1:00:35 in the video (when Past in Flames resolves after the second Surgical Extraction), you have 2 mana floating, 4 untapped lands, and Lion's Eye Diamond and Tendrils of Agony in hand. Tholance has only 10 life at that point, and the storm count is 5. Why not just tap two lands and play Tendrils right then? Tholance will have to use his Top to draw Flusterstorm and counter. Then, you can play LED, tap another land, and flash Tendrils back again. I suppose you don't know for sure that Tholance has Flusterstorm on top of his deck, but I can't imagine what he could have that would disrupt playing Tendrils twice in a row.
    Because Tendrils cast after PiF can't be flashed back (unless you flashback PiF first)? I haven't gone back and watched this sequence exactly but from what you are describing thats what you are attempting to do.

Thread Information