Page 80 of 313 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 6252

Thread: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Deck] ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils) Storm Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Madsk View Post

What do you do vs multible hatebears MM, Canonist Thalia etc, do ppl bother to board in Dreads of Night when some of the hatebears is 2/2's? One bear is easy but 2-3 and its game over.

Excuse me, chief, I might be wrong but...Massacre doesn't care about the amount of hatebears. Right?!
    Thus, I would always play Massacer > Dread of Night.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

I cant see any reason to have Carpet of Flowers in my sideboard if im not boarding it in vs the deck with most island in play (these games have a tendency to go long). Playing it vs wasteland decks is high risk medium reward as they can often operate on 2-3 islands, and a huge blowout if they counter it and waste you after.
    I don't really agree with this. Carpet is god vs Tempo.decks, in particular Canadian. You can easily avoid tax counter and fix your color screw with only 1 card.
    Generally speaking, Miracles is a grindy MU.
    The fast comboing plan is worth in G1 where you don't have any answer to C-TOP combo, and Miracles has some bad cards like creature removals (means less counters).
    In G2 if you plan to combing fast sideboarding accordly, you cannot win some high density counters hand (flusterstorm comes from SB), so one of the stronger plan is to go in mid-late game, decay balance/hatebears Eot and comboing next turn.
    So Carpet is not so good, because in mid-late game vs a deck without wasteland, you have enought lands to provide all the mana you need to win.

Carpet is also very very very good if you plan to natural tendrils using more ToA copies, but for this you need to dedicate some more slot in sideboard.

Thanks for your reply.

I cant see any reason to have Carpet of Flowers in my sideboard if im not boarding it in vs the deck with most island in play (these games have a tendency to go long). Playing it vs wasteland decks is high risk medium reward as they can often operate on 2-3 islands, and a huge blowout if they counter it and waste you after.

What do you do vs multible hatebears MM, Canonist Thalia etc, do ppl bother to board in Dreads of Night when some of the hatebears is 2/2's? One bear is easy but 2-3 and its game over.
    Because vs. Good players you're net 2-4 mana/carpet against a deck that does not play soft counters so you haven't progressed your game or disrupted opp´s game the only advantage gained is not being mana/color screwed if that would otherwise happen and potentionaly pay for flusterstorm which you can just hope for in long game and opp can't play agressively, which is marginal for me... Generaly it's do nothing card opp will stay on fetches eot Clique beat you and will crack just when you have him dead to survive with multiple counters/flusterstorms.. So Íd prefer cards that solve problems.. The card has some application vs. Threshold style decks where every mana is precious and Carpet can be huge boon if it made into play, i personally do not have much positive experience in this case neither bacuse it does not usualy make play early for me and is too late when it does.. Anyway stifle/waste decks are not exactly no.1 choice now is it does not matter

Generaly Massacre is good vs UWR and Deathblade where DoN is embarassing, DoN vs D&T where Massacre can be played around by Karakas and Vial and embarass you... Tough choice, depend what you expect

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    Because vs. Good players you're net 2-4 mana/carpet against a deck that does not play soft counters so you haven't progressed your game or disrupted opp´s game the only advantage gained is not being mana/color screwed if that would otherwise happen and potentionaly pay for flusterstorm which you can just hope for in long game and opp can't play agressively, which is marginal for me... Generaly it's do nothing card opp will stay on fetches eot Clique beat you and will crack just when you have him dead to survive with multiple counters/flusterstorms.. So Íd prefer cards that solve problems.. The card has some application vs. Threshold style decks where every mana is precious and Carpet can be huge boon if it made into play, i personally do not have much positive experience in this case neither bacuse it does not usualy make play early for me and is too late when it does.. Anyway stifle/waste decks are not exactly no.1 choice now is it does not matter

Generaly Massacre is good vs UWR and Deathblade where DoN is embarassing, DoN vs D&T where Massacre can be played around by Karakas and Vial and embarass you... Tough choice, depend what you expect
    This card is indeed very huge against thresh. But given that there are less soft counters in current meta, I totally agree with you that this card is at least not that good now.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

What match up and why are you guys who are playing 2x Tendrils (1 in board and one main) boarding the second one in? The discard plus deathrite match up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    What match up and why are you guys who are playing 2x Tendrils (1 in board and one main) boarding the second one in? The discard plus deathrite match up?
    Miracles, possibly UR delver.

I asked the same question a few days ago. Just look back like 20-30 posts.

Basically vs. any deck w/ lightning bolt. You side out Ad Naus and bring in Tendrils. So UWR Delver, UR Delver, RUG Delver, UWR Stoneblade, Burn.

You also bring it in over a Preordain vs. miracles just so you are more threat dense.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

For clarification, I'm playing a lost from a couple pages back, and ad nauseam is in the side. I just can't really imagine any time I'd want more other than a random discard deathrite match up
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Ripped afb0032's list. Only changed the board up a bit. Deck felt strong. Bolt was an all star out of the board. Delver/DnT people were not expecting it

Ripped afb0032's list. Only changed the board up a bit. Deck felt strong. Bolt was an all star out of the board. Delver/DnT people were not expecting it
    Congrats on the finish, mind sharing what matchups you played and how you typically boarded? Did you like the main Empty instead of the AdNaus for the most part?

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Oh, you can't image how I love the 3 Confidants in yesterday's SCG 5th place list. What a juicy tech!
    Seriously, c'mon, SCG dudes, you know better.. or not.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Oh, you can't image how I love the 3 Confidants in yesterday's SCG 5th place list. What a juicy tech!
    Seriously, c'mon, SCG dudes, you know better.. or not.

Edit: Just realized that it was you, Megadeus. Congratulations. May you elaborate on your SB choices a bit?
    Edit: Sry for doublepost. Wanted to edit and not reply. My bad.

Edit3: In round 8 of the Stream in game 1, the dice were not showing the actual mana. Cabal Ritual makes +3 and not +5 mana.
    Last edited by CabalTherapy; 12-01-2014 at 07:31 AM.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Congratulations! expecting your report!

I saw your game vs that miracle player. I can't believe he liked holding his fow on hand that much with top and jace online...also his confusing fateseal and his ridiculous reluctance to counter your PIF, which made me laugh...
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Congrats, Megadeus! I'm very glad to see Storm archetypes doing well in the US.

Does anyone else see the irony in SCG listing Megadeus' deck as "Storm", while listing a TES deck as "Ad Nauseam Tendrils"?
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

Well honestly TES really is Ad Nauseam.dec and "ANT" is more like PiF storm.dec but yeah...

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by .Ix View Post
    Congrats, Megadeus! I'm very glad to see Storm archetypes doing well in the US.

Does anyone else see the irony in SCG listing Megadeus' deck as "Storm", while listing a TES deck as "Ad Nauseam Tendrils"?
    It's accurate though :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Edit: Just realized that it was you, Megadeus. Congratulations. May you elaborate on your SB choices a bit?
    Edit: Sry for doublepost. Wanted to edit and not reply. My bad.

Edit3: In round 8 of the Stream in game 1, the dice were not showing the actual mana. Cabal Ritual makes +3 and not +5 mana.
    Round 8
    ANT vs. Miracles
    Game 2

Again, two lands were played during the kill turn. Island from top into play and then Delta after Brainstorm.
    I am not accusing, just stating the fact.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Round 8
    ANT vs. Miracles
    Game 2

Again, two lands were played during the kill turn. Island from top into play and then Delta after Brainstorm.
    I am not accusing, just stating the fact.
    This is why, when playing against ANT or TES, you should also write everything down that your opponent is doing. This happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastikor View Post
    Well honestly TES really is Ad Nauseam.dec and "ANT" is more like PiF storm.dec but yeah...
    Exactly, so it's "historically" wrong but technically more correct. Pretty messed up.
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by .Ix View Post
    Exactly, so it's "historically" wrong but technically more correct. Pretty messed up.
    I would label both decks as "storm". No more nicpicking about archetypes between ANT/TNT/TES, no more confusion for new players, no more people taking offense
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information