Thread: Selling my legacy cards in the East Bay of CA to start my charity

Selling my legacy cards in the East Bay of CA to start my charity

Hello everyone,

I'm having to quit magic so I can acquire my dream job which is to help kids and families who were born with heart defects. I'm starting my own charity after finding out how hard it is to get a heart transplant. After 4yrs of fighting for a new heart I still am without one and I'm in heart failure now and will most likely die soon without one.

Before this happens I want to help as many kids as possible so they do not end up in the same situation as myself. After playing magic for nearly 19 yrs I must stop in order to pursue this goal. I'm selling nearly everything I have besides for a modern and 2 commanders decks. I'm not fully quitting, but I just can't play as much as I want. I'll still play modern and commander occasionally but its best if I sell my legacy and standard cards now so I can take a different path in life and hopefully do some good.

Here are some of the cards you guys may be interested in;

4 MP Wastelands
    3 SP-NM Rishadan Ports
    3 NM Judge Foil Karakas
    3 NM Force of Will
    1 Flusterstorm
    4 SP-NM Show and Tell
    2 Griselbrand
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Serra Avenger
    4 Thalia
    1 MP Lorwyn Thoughtseize
    5 Foil Delver fo Secrets
    1 MP-HP Savannah
    1 SP+ Bayou (revised)
    1 SP The Abyss (English) -- http://imgur.com/a/vdRP2
    3 Volcanic Islands (can't remember quality, I was trying to build sneak and show but I don't have any sneak attacks)
    1 Marsh Flats
    4 Noble Hierarch

PRICES
    I've had a few people try to buylist off me. I'm not stupid I've been playing this game for nearly my entire life. I know what cards are worth and I'm not asking for retail but I do not like being insulted either. I've been buylisting a majority of my uncommons/commons and bulk rares. And nearly everything I have has gone up on ebay/tcgplayer except for my legacy stuff. I charge 10% below TCGLow for the same condition since those are the same fees I'd be paying from TCGPlayer. But I'd rather offer players a better cost, since there is no gain in it for me or the buyer and all the gain for the middle man. 12.5% if you buy in person.

I will only be shipping Priority which is a minimum of $5 for guaranteed 2 day shipping. And roughly another $3 for every $150 of insurance.

I've already sold a few thousand dollars worth online but I had some trouble with mailing something out, it didn't get scanned, so my tracking doesn't show anything and I have no way of confirming if they got the cards or not. Now I'm afraid they're going to chargeback and I'll be out $300 and the cards. I'd prefer to not mail out unless a buyer is willing to pay for the shipping and insurance and send the money through gift, I'm too worried of another loss like this. And I'm especially worried about mailing out to another country. Sorry, I just cannot handle the costs.

My charity is http://www.heartformike.com - I've already raised about $17,000(http://www.gofundme.com/heartformike) and I've raised money for other charities. I want this so bad. I want to be remembered when I die for hopefully being a good person. We're just getting started We need to hire a lawyer and an accountant so they can help us become Tax Exempt. I already have my business plan laid out. Basically we're going to help fund research towards surgeries and medical treatments for children with Congenital heart disease. And patients who have Protein Losing Enteropathy from Fontan. Because the latter is so rare and the mortality rate is so high there is very little research. I'm one of the oldest living people with it and I know families who have children much similar to me. These children have little hope for any cure or drug treatment. But I believe there is a reason why I'm still alive and I believe I can help them.

A few people have donated already and some people have even sent me cards to sell which was super cool.

I have more cards, they can be found here; http://www.deckbox.org/users/rocturnal

I don't know if I'm going to be banned for this, but I had to try it. I have to do whatever it takes to make sure I can at least try to help one family, so I can help others beat this disease.

I may be willing to trade but I really don't need anything. I do want to finish Kiki-Pod but I don't have the Grove of the Burnwillows, Linvala or Kiki-Jiki
    Last edited by rocturnal; 02-21-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Re: Selling my legacy cards in the East Bay of CA to start my charity

Sorry to hear about your condition :(. Good luck on your journey, I hope things go well for ya!
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by rocturnal View Post
    2 Serra Avenger
    Keep the angels, looks like you need them.
    I'm just about to have a dinner, then I'll look if there's a penny or two I may send to your charity.

BDP

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Keep the angels, looks like you need them.
    I'm just about to have a dinner, then I'll look if there's a penny or two I may send to your charity.

BDP
    Thanks,

Watching the GP Paris right now. God, I'm going to miss this game. But I plan on watching GPs and PTs still.

Thread Information