Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making a public complaint on the Reserved list

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Making a public complaint on the Reserved list

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    If you want reprints, wait until the copyright expires in the 2060s or 2070s.
    Don't the copyrights for some parts already run out soon?

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Don't the copyrights for some parts already run out soon?
    Your guess is as good as mine.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Steps to issuing a public complaint about the reserve list to WotC.

1: Determine the direction of the wind.
    2: Align your body so that you are facing directly into the wind.
    3: Begin pissing.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Why? Those people bought cards while being explicitly assured by WotC that those cards wouldn't be reprinted, ever. Their no-reprint expectztion is legitimate. It's the people who insist that this unfortunate promise be broken because they want to play with those cards without having to pay the current market price for them that have entitlement issues. If you want reprints, wait until the copyright expires in the 2060s or 2070s.
    …the rest of the paragraph was 'why'. This group of people wants to be able to maintain the value of a scarce item by shuffling the shit out of it every month/week/day/whatever. You want to collect? Cool, lock your cards in a vault, or behind glass display-only style. You want to play? People are allowed and encouraged by the floor rules to shuffle their opponents' decks; and if you don't let them, I'm sure a judge will be more than happy to accommodate your request by shuffling in their place. It's being used and worn out. The vast precedent in nearly all other things - cars, books, art, and so on - all of these things when handled by a collector with the expectation that their value should increase, would not drive their cars to work or casually hang their art next to their family photos in the hallway as if it were the same thing.

I don't understand what's so tough about this -- you even call it an 'unfortunate promise'. There's no slippery slope fallacy to invoke here; breaking a bad promise is not so misguided as keeping a bad one, and it doesn't establish a precedent for them to just throw caution to the wind and run the gamut of policies and rules they've established and re-evaluate them all. It's a single poor decision made 20 years ago. There's nothing compelling about a company that keeps shitty promises, there's no integrity there whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    …the rest of the paragraph was 'why'. This group of people wants to be able to maintain the value of a scarce item by shuffling the shit out of it every month/week/day/whatever. You want to collect? Cool, lock your cards in a vault, or behind glass display-only style. You want to play? People are allowed and encouraged by the floor rules to shuffle their opponents' decks; and if you don't let them, I'm sure a judge will be more than happy to accommodate your request by shuffling in their place. It's being used and worn out. The vast precedent in nearly all other things - cars, books, art, and so on - all of these things when handled by a collector with the expectation that their value should increase, would not drive their cars to work or casually hang their art next to their family photos in the hallway as if it were the same thing.

I don't understand what's so tough about this -- you even call it an 'unfortunate promise'. There's no slippery slope fallacy to invoke here; breaking a bad promise is not so misguided as keeping a bad one, and it doesn't establish a precedent for them to just throw caution to the wind and run the gamut of policies and rules they've established and re-evaluate them all. It's a single poor decision made 20 years ago. There's nothing compelling about a company that keeps shitty promises, there's no integrity there whatsoever.
    What do you expect to accomplish with this plea of yours? The person who replied directly before you expressed the situation as it is far more powerful than I could. Wizards has heard those arguments before. They just don't care. By now, they haven't promised not to reprint the duals and other goodies once, but twice. Read the following words carefully:
    that
    list
    will
    not
    be
    abolished

Memorize them, think about their meaning, then get over it. I am well aware that the most important function of internet forums is to provide a safe venue for society's malcontents to blow off steam with some harmless whining, but surely you guys can find other horses that haven't been beaten to death so often.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Promises made my companies are just words, they can redact and alter whatever policies they please. There is no outside force hindering them from completely abolishing the reserved list. But it wouldn't be so bad if the company heads themselves stood up for it. The fact that if pressed, they admit it was a mistake, and would do things differently if they could. So the debate really boils down to which is worse:

We made a bad promise that we know is bad, but for the good of the company we're going to keep our bad promise, despite knowing it's a bad promise
    or
    We made a bad promise that we know is bad, but for the good of the company we're going to renege on our promise, because it was a bad promise and we are good company.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Yeah well, you know the old saying. Hope in one hand and shit in the other, then see which one fills up first.

Dec 2011
    Spain

If anyone stills interested, a guy on MTGS started a thread and made this petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/wiz...legacy-masters

I have already signed.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by BVB09 View Post
    If anyone stills interested, a guy on MTGS started a thread and made this petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/wiz...legacy-masters

I have already signed.
    Petition? Seriously?

Magic is making a shitton of money for Hasbro right now. They're not going to touch *anything* that could remotely jeopardize that.

Thread Information