Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MTGS is a joke... check this out

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Re: MTGS is a joke... check this out

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Some user got mad because Tormod and I kept "liking" each others' posts. I didn't want to hurt his feelings, so I liked his posts too. I may have gotten a warning for that, but I don't remember.
    Yeah its true. Apparently "liking" a post when you're a Legacy player can get you in "trouble"

LOTP, you're one of my favorite people on MTGS.

Our brotherhood was forged by battling against the horde of ignorant views on Legacy. Hopefully you can find new allies against this scourge.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    If we're looking out for our mouse wheels, the first order of business would be to remove the signatures. These easily take up more space than the posts themselves.
    I think everyone likes signatures since it's fun to know a little bit of the personality behind the poster. But if even 5 people just quoted something and said "This." in a thread it would be the most obnoxious thing ever.

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

Actually not having the sigs makes the Source more readable at work. I wish there was a gatherer without images as well so I could look up cards to my heart's consent.
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I like the plain text sigs. That is more than enough to show your difference. Feels much more professional, and like was said, is much easier to use on a mobile device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I think everything I've posted there has resulted in some pussy from

reporting it as feelinghurt.

Cabal Therapist
    Oct 2010
    Colchester, VT

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    At least signatures here are neat, text-based compositions. I judge my forum's validity by the amount of huge, colorful, animated signatures rampant throughout conversations. The amount of "I am x/y" or website banners at the bottom of each one word post over there is a nogo for me.
    I judge the crap out of message boards based on what they allow for sigs. On MTGs there are a ton of extremely long and obnoxious ones. I like The Sources sigs policy a lot.

Here's the first one I happen to run into while looking for an example of the kind of ridiculous sigs I am talking about (no offense to the poster, and fellow legacy player):
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showp...2&postcount=19

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post
    Our brotherhood was forged by battling against the horde of ignorant views on Legacy.
    There's too many of them! Its a futile effort, but when I'm on browsing (as Mild Wongrel) and and see a post about about how legacy is just turn 1 combo decks and costs 100x more than standard I cant help but rage post.

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

used to be a rule years ago that no more than 4 lines of text and a fixed size banner. I used one of the lines to link to my Blog where I had my decks, trades, etc listed. It is so far out of control it make sit hard to use. It is why when I received Harm's Way to spoil, I spoiled it here instead of there. Ended up with me not receiving any spoilers since though.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Emptying the Warrens

Nov 2012

What. Who got 2nd?!

Also, the only good thing on MTGS is the modern section (there are like, 3 people who actually know jack shit in that section. So I generally just go directly to them), and the Death and Taxes thread. I still have no fucking clue why that thread isn't more active here (I am kinda at the point where I don't normally go to threads for DnT, as I am confident enough in my deck knowledge to know EXACTLY how to play.)
    Emptying the Warrens: So YOU don't have to!

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

The sad thing is the Modern section here is pretty similar to the Legacy section there, with a bunch of trolls popping in to just start shit and leave. "LOL Have fun with the banlist n00bs!" is equivalent to their "Legacy is 100x more expensive than standard!!"

The modern forums there are pretty great actually. I'm sad to see so much animosity from our Legacy crowd in our Modern forums.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post
    you're going to love this. For this suspension:

My first infraction, I don't even know what it is because they have deleted it...
    My second infraction, I got for posting: " Are you done being combative?" to some deuchebags picking on dice_bag in the modern forums
    My 3rd infraction, i got for "Maybe if you actually provided a link to support your claims that would be more persuasive than your toxic responses." to Bocephus, a really rude user.
    Oh oh, sweet now I know your on here too. Cool. Yea that thread was toxic as hell, I need to find a better place to talk about modern with people.

If it makes you feel any better, people notice you there. You post a cut above the normal shit that place has. These days I more or less only go there to talk about the decks I play and send the smart people here. On the bright side, your friends are smarter than both only us if they don't post there so your in good company.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

I play Mafia on Salvation, but I gave up trying to actually do anything magic-related there years ago. The site is a cesspool.

Cash Money Baller
    Nov 2007
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    Actually not having the sigs makes the Source more readable at work. I wish there was a gatherer without images as well so I could look up cards to my heart's consent.
    When using Gatherer, after you have searched for something you can select "switch to text spoiler" on the upper right.

Mar 2011
    Philadelphia, PA

So...9 votes would've won? Sounds like they don't get a lot of action in their legacy forums over there.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    I read my Magic stuff with "Display Images" turned off on my browser at work. If you still want to see a card, you can click on it to bring up the pic. Also, Tormod, don't sweat it. It is a popularity contest and nothing more.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostGrown View Post
    So...9 votes would've won? Sounds like they don't get a lot of action in their legacy forums over there.
    The Legacy forums don't get too much traffic, since most of the dedicated Legacy players come here.

Of course, there are people who use the low viewership of the Legacy forum as an indication that the format dying.

Don't worry or care about what anyone thinks of you.

The most you'll ever be able to do in your competitive Magic career is to do the best you can. Your peers will respect and admire you more for who you are and how you play as opposed to winning contests.

Thread Information