Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [SCD] Spirit of the Labyrinth

Re: [SCD] Spirit of the Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Again, how are you playing cantrips through SoL? How are you cantripping with your basic Island when SoL is out? I've asked this twice, and you haven't answered. I want to know how you're able to find your silver bullets answers when you didn't open with them/naturally draw them.
    Cast Ponder, see DoN/Massacre is the third card down, place it first. SoL certainly slows storm down, but cantrips aren't completely useless against her.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Fundamental rules of the game... like the attack step? I'm not understanding why you have such a nonchalant attitude of a board with hatebears and you having no removal in hand. If I have hatebears and you have no removal, it very much is a big deal for you. You act like you can just shrug your shoulders and not care about the fact that you're taking 4-5 points per turn and you have no removal in hand.
    Dude, the fundamental rule I wrote about is that you may play only one land per turn.

So, I got a math exercise for you:

With one land played per turn, you will have exactly TWO lands on turn2
    With exactly TWO lands in play, how many hatebears of cmc2 you may play on turn2? Is it ONE?
    With exactly ONE hatebear in play, how many removal do I need? Is it ONE?

This has nothing to do with the attack step. This is about your ONE hatebear against my ONE removal. Do you understand what I write or do you need another help?

Again, how are you playing cantrips through SoL? How are you cantripping with your basic Island when SoL is out? I've asked this twice, and you haven't answered. I want to know how you're able to find your silver bullets answers when you didn't open with them/naturally draw them.
    Learn to read, child. I wrote I'll cantrip as long as possible. I guess that everyone else on this forum would understand that it means "unless the hatecat prevents me from further cantripping".

Also, I was beating fair decks like RUG Delver and Stoneblade just fine (well, not so much post-TNN, but that has more to do with TNN and less to do with my creature suite). Forked Bolt in RUG Delver has fallen drastically out of favor for stuff like Gitaxian Probe, so I don't really need to worry too much. And those 8 cantrips to find their 4 Bolts? Hmm, I heard SoL is good versus that.
    Well, maybe people start to play more removal than just one mere Forked Bolt? What exactly in a sentence "I guess that upping the Bolt count to eight (and of course, it'll be Forked Bolt) and use more Snares again, use Rough main, w/e." you didn't understand? You never heard of metagaming?

If Maverick is getting there before SoL, then I fail to understand why Maverick + SoL would make AnT better? Why AnT players are saying "DoN, no big deal" when the matchup often times is far more complicated than that? Why Bed Decks Player states that AnT can get there versus Maverick's hatebears without removal because there are other avenues of winning?
    I never wrote I'll get there without removal. I wrote that I need only ONE removal against your only ONE hatebear.
    You are idiot.

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Dude, the fundamental rule I wrote about is that you may play only one land per turn.

So, I got a math exercise for you:

With one land played per turn, you will have exactly TWO lands on turn2
    With exactly TWO lands in play, how many hatebears of cmc2 you may play on turn2? Is it ONE?
    With exactly ONE hatebear in play, how many removal do I need? Is it ONE?

This has nothing to do with the attack step. This is about your ONE hatebear against my ONE removal. Do you understand what I write or do you need another help?
    And if your ONE removal is DoN, because you have such a boner over it, and my ONE hatebear is Teeg/Canonist? Then what?

Learn to read, child. I wrote I'll cantrip as long as possible. I guess that everyone else on this forum would understand that it means "unless the hatecat prevents me from further cantripping".
    Cool, so on the draw you've cantripped once. On the play, maybe twice? In that time, what have I been doing?

Well, maybe people start to play more removal than just one mere Forked Bolt? What exactly in a sentence "I guess that upping the Bolt count to eight (and of course, it'll be Forked Bolt) and use more Snares again, use Rough main, w/e." you didn't understand? You never heard of metagaming?
    Metagaming? What's that? Oh, you mean your 8 Bolt, Rough/Tumble main deck RUG Delver pile getting raped by combo decks, sure.

I never wrote I'll get there without removal. I wrote that I need only ONE removal against your only ONE hatebear.
    You are idiot.
    You posted this about not having removal, but being able to navigate around the hatebears:

And even if he doesn't have removal:
    - Teeg only prevents win, so you may cantrip or w/e; he might be by-passed by LED+IT->removal (but you need PiF in hand to win from there)
    - Thalia doesn't stop neither victory nor cantrips (it just makes it harder to play them), so one may still cantrip into removal. With a good hand you may even win through Thalia, it's just a question of how many CRits/RoFs you'll draw
    - Cannonist stops win and hinders cantrips, (s)he also doesn't die to single DoN. As such, it is "you lose" card unless Stormer is able to sculpt a hand with several Petals/LEDs and a wincon, maybe EtW.
    - Lolcat only stops cantrips, so it doesn't do anything if the Storm dude doesn't need to cantrip. E.g. when he already played the 2nd CRit and is about to kill via AdN or Pif.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    (hatecat)
    Vial a 3/1 cat
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    the kitty

What am I missing?

Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    [IMG]removedIMG]

What am I missing?
    Blade of the Sixth Pride. A 2cmc 3/1 dude. A cat, kitten.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

I actually had to reread Ponder to grok it, but you can still look at the top three cards, rearrange them, and shuffle them. It's just card disadvantage. But you can dig for removal somewhat. Applies to Preordain just the same, it's just Brainstorm that's mega-boned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

What am I missing?
    Also don't forget "the" isn't a word anymore. That is a thing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

What am I missing?
    Blade - a cat, a female cat
    Hate - the thing that shuts you down
    Bear - two power and two toughness
    Cat - a 3/1 2-drop guy

Draw - it's only once per turn
    Vial - the card that drops the cat
    Tear - it answers Dread of Night

Which will bring us back to Spirit of the Labyrinth - HATE CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

I really love the art on this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

And if your ONE removal is DoN, because you have such a boner over it, and my ONE hatebear is Teeg/Canonist? Then what?
    Against Teeg:
    DRit, Drit, CRit, Crit, LED, IT, sac LED (drop PiF into gy) find CoV, return Teeg, flashback Pif, flashback rites, IT, ToA.

Against Cannonist:
    Cantrip into removal.

Anything else you'd love to learn about Storm decks?

Cool, so on the draw you've cantripped once. On the play, maybe twice?
    Cool, and now you have your 3/1 lolcat you have such a boner over it, and on my turn I'll go Drit, Drit, Drit, Drit, Drit, Drit, Drit, Drit, Drit, Drit, AdN, make love to you in ear.
    That's why I'm completely nonchalant about it's 3/1 stats, for what it's worth, it could be 10/1 first strike trample flying soulshift sodaproof and have a tape-recorder up its nose, as long as it does nothing to stop ToA for twenty, I don't care.

Metagaming? What's that? Oh, you mean your 8 Bolt, Rough/Tumble main deck RUG Delver pile getting raped by combo decks, sure.
    Oh, but now you're trolling.
    I told you that there are ways how to improve Thresh so that it has better game against creature decks and you bring another straw man of "raped by combo". Are you serious? Why on earth should a deck with seven gorillion of counterspells lose to combo? Or do you mean that the only possible deck now on is your 3/1 cat wet fantasy? If this shitty creature will be prevalent, I'll adjust. If combo will be prevalent, I'll adjust. What's so amazing about this idea that you need to read it four times and still not understand it?

You posted this about not having removal, but being able to navigate around the hatebears:
    How to win through hatebears if you don't have removal in hand:

Teeg:
    Cantrip/BW into removal. If this fails, play this sequence: Drit, Crit, LED, IT (sac LED, drop PiF), find Karakas/Chain, flashback PiF and rites, IT, ToA.
    The more rites you have the better.

Thalia:
    Cantrip/BW into removal. If this fails, play Petals and LEDS, then on your next turn play as many CRits as possible, IT into PiF/AdN, win.

Cannonist:
    Cantrip/BW into removal. If this fails, sculpt hand and play Petals and LEDS, then EtW/ToA. (ToA might not be enough, though.)

Lolcat:
    Simply play the sequence of Drit, Crit, LED, LP, IT (sac LED), depending on situation find PiF/AdN and win from there.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I actually had to reread Ponder to grok it, but you can still look at the top three cards, rearrange them, and shuffle them. It's just card disadvantage. But you can dig for removal somewhat. Applies to Preordain just the same, it's just Brainstorm that's mega-boned.
    Exactly! If you add the fact that you'll rarely catch a Probe with the Spirit thanks to being a free cast turn 1, I consider the impact mediocre
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Sigged. Also, thanks for noticing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'

Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I realize that, but my point before was that if Maverick is forcing AnT to spend it's turn digging for it's answer to hatebear X, and if it's card disadvantage on top of it, Maverick is winning that battle. If Maverick is forcing AnT to do something it doesn't naturally want to do (I don't think AnT wants to naturally dig for cards like Abrupt Decay), to it's own detriment at that (mana inefficient dig with Thalia, card disadvantage selection with SoL, etc), Maverick is winning that battle. That's why I'm not understanding the nonchalant, no big deal attitude of so many people in here.

EDIT: Lol at Bed Decks Player, okay, so you'll have the exact 7 cards you need every time I drop a hatebear, got it (and lol at keeping a no lander in your Teeg example, sure buddy). And if you're running 8 Bolts and Rough main in RUG Delver, what are you cutting to make room? Cantrips, counters or threats? You're not running a gazllion counterspells if you're running 8 Bolt and 1-4 copies of Rough/Tumble.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I realize that, but my point before was that if Maverick is forcing AnT to spend it's turn digging for it's answer to hatebear X, and if it's card disadvantage on top of it, Maverick is winning that battle. If Maverick is forcing AnT to do something it doesn't naturally want to do (I don't think AnT wants to naturally dig for cards like Abrupt Decay), to it's own detriment at that (mana inefficient dig with Thalia, card disadvantage selection with SoL, etc), Maverick is winning that battle. That's why I'm not understanding the nonchalant, no big deal attitude of so many people in here.

EDIT: Lol at Bed Decks Player, okay, so you'll have the exact 7 cards you need every time I drop a hatebear, got it. And if you're running 8 Bolts and Rough main in RUG Delver, what are you cutting to make room? Cantrips, counters or threats? You're not running a gazllion counterspells if you're running 8 Bolt and 1-4 copies of Rough/Tumble.
    As BDP mentioned, ANT can afford to spend 1-2 cards to deal with a hatebear as it plays such a strong mana acceleration, therefore the talk about 1-for-1 trades with a focus on Thalia/Cannonist. The point is that cantripping into DoN/etc rather than into business with a SotL on the horizon is pointless and won't happen as the new hatebear does not interrupt the mana + Tutor/Wish Strategy
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Jan 2013
    Ontario, Canada

Turn 1: Thoughtseize

Turn 2: Spirit of the Labyrinth

That seems good against Storm.

Bad Deck Player you cried for, like, 2 pages about never being able to win with Storm and rage-selling it in the Ad Nauseum thread... I have no idea why you're defending it so vehemently now...
    Pox
    Imperial Painter
    Team America

Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Against Teeg:
    DRit, Drit, CRit, Crit, LED, IT, sac LED (drop PiF into gy) find CoV, return Teeg, flashback Pif, flashback rites, IT, ToA.
    This is the best, honestly. The fact that you keep landless hands (nevermind how you're able to cast the inital DRit... Lotus Petal?) and the fact that you have the exact cards you need in order to beat Teeg without your Teeg removal is just awesome.

May 2011
    Louisiana

This new hate kitty is being overrated as a Storm hater. It is really only nuts versus Time Spiral decks(in regards to Storm decks).

If anything this guy will make the Storm versus DnT matchup easier for the Storm player. You see some kid piloting DnT will think he has won the game with his hand full of Thalias and SoL against a TES player. The TES player will then do one of two things: a) win on turn one or b) bounce a Thalia eot and proceed to win despite three SoLs being in play.

Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    This new hate kitty is being overrated as a Storm hater. It is really only nuts versus Time Spiral decks(in regards to Storm decks).

If anything this guy will make the Storm versus DnT matchup easier for the Storm player. You see some kid piloting DnT will think he has won the game with his hand full of Thalias and SoL against a TES player. The TES player will then do one of two things: a) win on turn one or b) bounce a Thalia eot and proceed to win despite three SoLs being in play.
    I agree, that's why I've specifically said "AnT" each time in my posts. I apologize if that was unclear, but I wasn't referring to TES, just AnT. TES has a much better chance of going off turn 1 than AnT does, and TES always runs Burning Wish -> answer whereas many AnT builds don't run Burning Wish at all.

Cannonist:
    Cantrip/BW into removal. If this fails, sculpt hand and play Petals and LEDS, then EtW/ToA. (ToA might not be enough, though.)
    Lol really?

- L

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

This guy comes down, slows your drawing ability, and while you attempt to find an answer another bear comes down. That is how you end up falling behind and not having enough answers. Sure you can have a nut hand, but I can I'm theory have all of the things without having to dig for them too. It just doesn't happen 90% of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information