Page 132 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2929

Thread: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

May 2013
    Paris, France

Re: [Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

I do like the following setup:

4 delver
    4 tarmo
    2 mandrils
    1 clique

2 snare / 1 pierce split
    1 become immense as a dreadful weapon
    1 dismember / 1 fire-ice / 1 forked bolt

Become immense has been a killer so far.

BI is pretty spicy, Ralf.

How do you beat Sword to Plowshare decks with that creature configuration?

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    BI is pretty spicy, Ralf.

How do you beat Sword to Plowshare decks with that creature configuration?
    STP is at a low level so is CB.
    You are playing 11 creatures vs 4 stp 4 terminus 3 snapcaster 2 CB.
    You have access to 4 stifle that will mainly target terminus triggers and snap triggers.

From testing I dropped only a few % vs miracle instead of playing goose.

Anyway I started from there (and miracle was at his peak)
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12671&d=273417&f=LE

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Hi guys, I will link to you the invitation that does not expire for the specific Discord server of Canadian Threshold (RUG Delver).

All the tips to improve the channel are welcome.

https://discord.gg/VYWW2ND
    Last edited by Hrothgar; 04-13-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Hey Guys, i need your help

I will test Sean Browns Canadian-List and i dont know how to board against Grixis Delver? Do you board out Delver in this MU too? i would like to bring in Dismember, Pyroblasts and Flusterstorms, Barbarian Ring, maybe abrade to kill their creatures? I hope you can help me :) Whats your overall plan in this MU?

Quote Originally Posted by blablub View Post
    Hey Guys, i need your help

I will test Sean Browns Canadian-List and i dont know how to board against Grixis Delver? Do you board out Delver in this MU too? i would like to bring in Dismember, Pyroblasts and Flusterstorms, Barbarian Ring, maybe abrade to kill their creatures? I hope you can help me :) Whats your overall plan in this MU?
    I will generally full shroud them, boarding out Delvers, making their Bolts useless. You need to kill everything/counter everything on site (go hard control), however, and either kill them with a shrouded threat or an unsurmountable card advantage engine (eg. Ring/Loam). Abrade is a bit too mana intensive to warrant bringing in for this match.

How I SB for it:
    -4 Delver of Secrets
    -2 Stifle
    -2 Predict
    +3 Pyroblast
    +1 Life from the Loam
    +1 Barbarian Ring
    +2 True-Name Nemesis
    +1 Counterspell/Flusterstorm/even keep a Predict or Stifle

Some people really dislike Snare since it has only a few targets, but I think with Marsh Casualties and Diabolic Edict so common in sideboards I would recommend bringing it to defend your singular threats. YMMV with Stifle, it can be excellent on the play but usually if you kill their DRS they remain mana-tight anyway and Daze/Pierce should still be live most of the game without it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalBurns View Post
    Some people really dislike Snare since it has only a few targets
    Crazy people. Nothing better than snaring a pyromancer while your grixis opponent has 1-2 open mana. They always reread spell snare, pause for a moment, and give you the "uh..ok" while they begrudgingly move their creature to the GY.

3 pyros + 2 edicts (minimum), maybe Marsh Casualties, maybe something weird like Jitte...

Don't board out your snares, people!

Thanks a lot Sean :) i'm really excited to slam some Mongoose again. Also im really interested in the Predicts. its a fresh idea. Do you think Grixis is in our Favour? its the most played Deck in my meta so i'm a little scared

Quote Originally Posted by blablub View Post
    Thanks a lot Sean :) i'm really excited to slam some Mongoose again. Also im really interested in the Predicts. its a fresh idea. Do you think Grixis is in our Favour? its the most played Deck in my meta so i'm a little scared
    It think it's quite close. Honestly, I feel like it depends on the number of early threats they have. A DRS-dense hand means you need to have removal after removal or else be buried in their mana acceleration. Their normal hands are very beatable though - kill DRS, ruin their shitty mana base, play a threat they cannot deal with and make sure Angler or TNN don't stick. We have a big edge in that none of our threats can be killed post-board, are better at mana denial (when DRS is dead) and all of their threats bar True-Name and Angler are very soft (and Angler dies to Dismember if you're running it). We also have better post-board CA engines (Library, Loam, Predict, while they only have stuff like Lili, Last Hope which are pretty meh), but if they overwhelm us with threats in the early game we can struggle to find enough removal and fall very behind. As always in Delver pseudo-mirrors too, play/draw is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    Crazy people. Nothing better than snaring a pyromancer while your grixis opponent has 1-2 open mana. They always reread spell snare, pause for a moment, and give you the "uh..ok" while they begrudgingly move their creature to the GY.

3 pyros + 2 edicts (minimum), maybe Marsh Casualties, maybe something weird like Jitte...

Don't board out your snares, people!
    Wise words ;D

I think Grixis has the better matchup G1 (especially if you aren't playing Tarmogoyf) and RUG has the better matchup after sideboarding

Went 6-1-1 (drew the finals) with RUG Delver at a local Legacy tournament this weekend. This was my list:

4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Tarmogoyf
    4x Nimble Mongoose
    1x True-Name Nemesis
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Force of Will
    4x Stifle
    4x Daze
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Spell Pierce
    1x Dismember
    1x Seal of Fire
    1x Tarfire
    4x Misty Rainforest
    4x Scalding Tarn
    3x Volcanic Island
    3x Tropical Island
    4x Wasteland
    ----------------------
    3x Pyroblast
    2x Ancient Grudge
    1x Abrade
    1x Grafdigger's Cage
    1x True-Name Nemesis
    1x Rough//Tumble
    1x Vendilion Clique
    1x Price of Progress
    1x Grim Lavamancer
    1x Faerie Macbre
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Izzet Staticaster

Rd 1: Lost 0-2 to Dragon Stompy. Got absolutely smashed by an early Trinisphere and Blood Moon both games.
    Rd 2: Won 2-1 vs Burn. I had a fast start with counter back up in games where I was on the play.
    Rd 3: Won 2-1 vs Miracles. Fast, aggressive starts games 2 and 3 along with blind Counterbalance flips that went in my favour.
    Rd 4: Won 2-1 vs Storm. Opponent didn't realise how Stifle interacts with the storm trigger game 1. Game 2 opponent Duress'd and goes off. Game 3 I Stifled his fetch and destroyed his Underground Sea.
    Rd 5: Won 2-1 vs Sneak and Show. Stifled the Annihilator trigger from Emrakul, took 15 damage down to 2 life, and then cracked back for lethal. Game 3 had multiple counters and pressure from Tarmogoyf.
    Finished the swiss in 3rd
    Top 8: Won 2-0 vs Dragon Stompy. Got my revenge for my round 1 loss. Had plenty of counters for Blood Moon and Chalice.
    Top 4: Won 2-1 vs Steel Stompy. Had removal for the early Ravager and counters for the tax artifacts in Games 1 and 3.
    Finals: Split vs Sneak and Show

I think I'll run back the deck in a couple of weeks at the next Legacy tournament here. Some things I would change would be cutting an Ancient Grudge for a Destructive Revelry or something else that can also hit Enchantments. Otherwise, I really liked the 75. I'll keep running Tarfire and Seal of Fire to help grow Tarmogoyf in case I run into a Gurmag Angler deck.

Haven't touched this deck in aeons, but, is it good in present-day open meta (think MTGO)? Or merely fun to play?

Quote Originally Posted by ethanet View Post
    Went 6-1-1 (drew the finals) with RUG Delver at a local Legacy tournament this weekend. This was my list:

4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Tarmogoyf
    4x Nimble Mongoose
    1x True-Name Nemesis
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Force of Will
    4x Stifle
    4x Daze
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Spell Pierce
    1x Dismember
    1x Seal of Fire
    1x Tarfire
    4x Misty Rainforest
    4x Scalding Tarn
    3x Volcanic Island
    3x Tropical Island
    4x Wasteland
    ----------------------
    3x Pyroblast
    2x Ancient Grudge
    1x Abrade
    1x Grafdigger's Cage
    1x True-Name Nemesis
    1x Rough//Tumble
    1x Vendilion Clique
    1x Price of Progress
    1x Grim Lavamancer
    1x Faerie Macbre
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Izzet Staticaster
    I like your straight forward list. No value cards to pollute your tempo plan.
    Did 13 creatures feel like too many? Did 7 removal feel like too many? Did you miss the two Snare?

I started playing Can Thresh a couple months ago and have been doing pretty well in local weeklies and 1ks. Czech pile, Grixis Delver, and lands all see winnable. Miracles has been a problem for me but I’m sure that can be fixed in the sideboard. I’m not playing any truenames.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Haven't touched this deck in aeons, but, is it good in present-day open meta (think MTGO)? Or merely fun to play?
    I don't think it has ever been good for Magic Online Leagues because the meta is just too diverse, but it's generally a pretty good deck for swiss tournaments if you know what the winning metagame looks like.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Alexander View Post
    I don't think it has ever been good for Magic Online Leagues because the meta is just too diverse, but it's generally a pretty good deck for swiss tournaments if you know what the winning metagame looks like.
    Tks Jonathan. Coming from you that pretty much kills it...

Hello Guys !

I'm new here in this Thread and i would like to Post my List of Canadian, i've been playing it for about half a year so not that long to be honest and i need much more Practice with it for sure.
    So here is my List, i'd like to get some review from you :)

Creatures
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    3 Tarmogoyf
    1 True-Name Nemsis

Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Stifle
    4 Daze
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Dismember
    1 Tarfire
    1 Abrade

Enchantments
    1 Seal of Fire

Lands
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Wasteland

Tell me what you think, Thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by Siegmar View Post
    Hello Guys !

I'm new here in this Thread and i would like to Post my List of Canadian, i've been playing it for about half a year so not that long to be honest and i need much more Practice with it for sure.
    So here is my List, i'd like to get some review from you :)

Creatures
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Nimble Mongoose
    3 Tarmogoyf
    1 True-Name Nemsis

Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Stifle
    4 Daze
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Dismember
    1 Tarfire
    1 Abrade

Enchantments
    1 Seal of Fire

Lands
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Wasteland

Tell me what you think, Thanks :)
    Please give us a sideboard too! Looks good so far, though I am dubious about the main deck Abrade (non-one cmc removal that doesn't go to the face I am wary of). Seems like you have way too much removal in the main deck, 7 is generally the upper-limit.

[Deck] Canadian Threshold (aka RUG Delver, Tempo Thresh)

Canadian should also consider the new "grixis tech" in wild slash.
    It's instant so it better fits the tempo and hold up mana plan than ie forked and chain
    It can go to the face unlikely abrade
    With ferocious it can push damage through against
    - glacial chasm
    -rip + fiels
    and can push damage through if you get blocked by creatures with protection, notably
    - TNN
    - creature protected my MoR

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Canadian should also consider the new "grixis tech" in wild slash.
    It's instant so it better fits the tempo and hold up mana plan than ie forked and chain
    It can go to the face unlikely abrade
    With ferocious it can push damage through against
    - glacial chasm
    -rip + fiels
    and can push damage through if you get blocked by creatures with protection, notably
    - TNN
    - creature protected my MoR
    Definitely seems reasonable for the non-tarmogoyf versions

Thread Information