Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GP Richmond "Asscrack Guy" banned for 18 months?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

GP Richmond "Asscrack Guy" banned for 18 months?

Remember this guy from GP Richmond?

Looks like he was banned for 18 months for his little stunt. Does anybody know more about it?

Re: GP Richmond "Asscrack Guy" banned for 18 months?

I don't know anything about the banning, but here's a link on the incident: http://happyplace.someecards.com/298...ing-event-ever

Isn't it a bit hypocritical that this guy gets banned, but Wizards prints cards like this? Fat Ass.
    I see more than others do because I know where to look.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

http://www.reddit.com/user/OB1FBM/comments/

Ctrl-F "banned". He doesn't say much about it but it's definitely confirmed at least.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Why would that result in a banning? Seems silly.
    Hill Giant means business.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I want to make a petition to penalize players with bad odor. Seriously, this should be under distraction.

I mean, do you know how hard it is to concentrate when half of the room is stinking up the place.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by kusumoto View Post
    How would you have handled the situation?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Unsure. But I'm making a playmat.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Helene mentioned why pretty much the moment she commented on the case on Twitter. On a second instance this is bad advertising for MTG overall. (Edit: i'm not talking about those guys in particular, but the impression this accident gave to the average joe about players).

Don't ban the guy in the picture alone, ban the jackass who made the photo first
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

With all the branding work MTG Madness is currently doing (you ain't seen nothing yet), it would be awesome to release an eau de toilette.

"Grinder's Choice - Stay on top of your meta"
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Helene mentioned why pretty much the moment she commented on the case on Twitter. On a second instance this is bad advertising for MTG overall. (Edit: i'm not talking about those guys in particular, but the impression this accident gave to the average joe about players).
    Who's Helene?

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's the right message to send that it doesn't matter how inappropriate you look (and smell) when going to a MtG tournament. This wasn't a setup, it was documenting what was actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    With all the branding work MTG Madness is currently doing (you ain't seen nothing yet), it would be awesome to release an eau de toilette.

"Grinder's Choice - Stay on top of your meta"
    Does it smell so bad that it forces your opponents to concede before they vomit?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Isn't it a bit hypocritical that this guy gets banned, but Wizards prints cards like this? Fat Ass.
    In the light of the ass jokes in Unhinged, it sure is hypocritical.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I want to make a petition to penalize players with bad odor. Seriously, this should be under distraction.

I mean, do you know how hard it is to concentrate when half of the room is stinking up the place.
    I remember only 2 rounds where the odor was not nauseating. This is more of an issue than people's cracks. I couldn't care less if my opponent wasn't wearing pants, but the smell is what gets me at these events. Sure the place is warm and ass juice becomes a factor after an hour of sitting, but is it too pc to say something?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    How would you have handled the situation?
    I wouldn't have done anything because it's funny and not even hurting anyone.

I guess I just don't get it then.
    Hill Giant means business.

If someone is going to call out people for appearance at majors events, I'd much rather see them shaming the people wearing offensive/sexist tshirts/attitude/etc.

If I took pictures of people wearing shirts like that would I get a suspension too?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think the word you are looking for is asinine. Or is it assinine?
    I see more than others do because I know where to look.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Who's Helene?
    Helene Bergeot, Director of global organized play at Wizards. She commented on the case immediately and reminded players to remain the Code of conduct at tournaments and later showed her dusgust for harassment and bullying.

Here was a bit of misinformation in this thread. The guys in the picture were not banned, but only the guy who put the pictures in circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post

This
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Aug 2009
    Finland

After the doctor8sides case I would have been really surprised if the outcome was something else. I like this course of action and I would be okay if the penalties for cheating in a tournament were longer bans too.

Then again I play only in mtgo and all this doesn't affect me at all...

The main difference I think is the dr8sides thing was mean-spirited. I don't think this was particularly.

Here's an interview with the guy: http://sperlinggrove.blogspot.com/20...e-creator.html

Look, this did damage to the Magic brand on a public scale, so a banning is not surprising. But using words like "bullying" to describe it seem disingenuous. The lack of commentary, the lack of deliberately trying to identify those who's cracks were exposed - this doesn't have the attack aspect that the word bullying implies.

I think part of the problem is the official response is very short. I would have liked to see an explanation that went into depth and dealt with the fact that the motive here didn't appear to be cruel, that people should try and make sure they do not expose themselves at Magic tournaments, and that while this was unacceptable, there is a greater understanding of what happened then simply "banned!"

Mar 2007

I don't think it was meant to be mean in any way - just some dudes having fun.

He still has a fair point, though:

That's a very fair point. I didn't mean to portray the community in a bad way. On the other hand, people coming into events and seeing this type of thing isn't very inviting and comfortable either. The community of Magic is largely an amazing group of people. However, within every group of people is a much smaller group of people that present the community in a bad way as well. Whether it be the guys that make fun of new players for using Lava Axe which makes them not want to come back to a LGS, the guys who have naked anime characters on their sleeves/playmat that make women not want to play or the dudes that smell badly and make people not want to go to a certain store. I think that vilifying me is easier for a lot of people than realizing that they might have something to improve about themselves for the community. Not to take the blame away from myself, but that's how I feel. It's much easier to criticize someone else than yourself.
    Instead of crying foul, said people should get their shit together and not show their asscracks like any decent human being.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Just to get this right: is the guy who is on every pic dr8sides? I'm confused.

Join us at Facebook!

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

What gets me is that as I understand it, these guys weren't participating in the tournament when this occurred. I had heard they dropped some time earlier and were just wasting time waiting for a carmate to play through. So this could very well have been perpetrated by outsiders, those without DCI numbers. What response would have been taken then?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information