Page 405 of 428 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra_D View Post
    I'm not just trying to be contradictory but when do you find yourself wanting the deluge? I could see an argument against eldrazi but there are a lot more match ups that I am concerned with facing (miracles, d&t, jund, bug, lands, deathblade) where I would imagine a third deed as more devastating.
    There are times where you need to deluge on 3. It's let's mana intensive. Diversification is an old wooden ship.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra_D View Post
    I'm not just trying to be contradictory but when do you find yourself wanting the deluge? I could see an argument against eldrazi but there are a lot more match ups that I am concerned with facing (miracles, d&t, jund, bug, lands, deathblade) where I would imagine a third deed as more devastating.
    How do you plan to beat D&T with Revoker on Deed + active MoM?

Having Deluge helps a lot vs them and it's about on par with Deed vs deathblade. It is only worse vs goyf.dec in the late game.
    A T3 Deluge costs about as much life as a T4 Deed vs an active goyf. Sure, it sucks if it gets countered, but probably wouldnt win with Deed in its spot anyway.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by crush View Post
    Golgari Charm takes care of that just fine.

Also, you can just ignore it and smash face with a Rhino.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Having Deluge helps a lot vs them and it's about on par with Deed vs deathblade. It is only worse vs goyf.dec in the late game.
    A T3 Deluge costs about as much life as a T4 Deed vs an active goyf. Sure, it sucks if it gets countered, but probably wouldnt win with Deed in its spot anyway.
    Prelate@3 could stop both deed and deluge, which is painful. Against DnT, maybe more diversified sweeper would be better.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

Would Damnation be good against Prelate decks, or is it too slow?

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

Sneak Fit is the real deal. 3-0 tonight against Delver, Elves, and a Bant 12-post / Show and Tell hybrid. Split with Grixis Delver in round 4 due to snow and people wanting to hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by gth842s View Post
    Sneak Fit is the real deal. 3-0 tonight against Delver, Elves, and a Bant 12-post / Show and Tell hybrid. Split with Grixis Delver in round 4 due to snow and people wanting to hit the road.
    What fatties did you run / did you give Nissa or any of the other flex slot spice a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Prelate@3 could stop both deed and deluge, which is painful. Against DnT, maybe more diversified sweeper would be better.
    And Prelate@3 stops [card]Engineered plague[/card] too ...

Is there a card good against D&T (and some more in the metagame), which could fit in the SB with a CCM different than 3 ?

I thought to :
    Dread of night but that seems way too much against only D&T
    Black sun's zenith never tested that card

Quote Originally Posted by grokh View Post
    And Prelate@3 stops [card]Engineered plague[/card] too ...

Is there a card good against D&T (and some more in the metagame), which could fit in the SB with a CCM different than 3 ?

I thought to :
    Dread of night but that seems way too much against only D&T
    Black sun's zenith never tested that card
    I run 1x massacre in the sb.

Feb 2015
    Italy

About prelate, have anyone here tested the card? It seems like it can complement teeg better than canonist vs miracles AND combo, it basically creates a lock they can hardly, if ever, deal with. Maybe it's just magical Ricardio-Land?

Prelate is alright. Not being able to Zenith for it is pretty awkward, and it costs more mana than Ethersworn canonist so if you want a hatebear to shut down Storm etc then Canonist is more likely to resolve before they can go off. It also can be a pain for the manabase if you're not as heavily in white (e.g. in the Atraxa 4-colour builds).

For sideboard against D&T, I normally run some number of Golgari Charm or Massacre. Pyroclasm isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by cherson View Post
    I run 1x massacre in the sb.
    Against which MUs do you enter Massacre other than D&T ?

Quote Originally Posted by grokh View Post
    Against which MUs do you enter Massacre other than D&T ?
    Stoneblade variants
    Maverick
    RW Painter
    Miracles if they are heavy on Mentor
    Infect if they run white sources
    White Aluren builds
    Thalia Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    But the tezz fit list?
    I've had a chance to look at it now, I don't think it's what I want to run as far as a PW list goes.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    About prelate, have anyone here tested the card? It seems like it can complement teeg better than canonist vs miracles AND combo, it basically creates a lock they can hardly, if ever, deal with. Maybe it's just magical Ricardio-Land?
    double W is difficult. What cmc would you name against various matchups?
    MAGICAL RICARDIO-LAND IS A WONDERFUL PLACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I've had a chance to look at it now, I don't think it's what I want to run as far as a PW list goes.
    I would say its far from a polished product. Basically just a baseline of sorts.

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    What fatties did you run / did you give Nissa or any of the other flex slot spice a try?
    I ran the stock Arianrhod list with some tweaks in the sideboard to fit my preferences and local meta. In the side, notable changes were:

-1 Gaze of Granite
    -2 To the Slaughter
    -1 Something else I can't remember
    +1 Glissa
    +1 Pyroblast
    +2 Leyline of the Void (A lot of players locally have been testing out B/R Reanimator recently)

I didn't take the most detailed notes as most of my brain was focused on trying to learn how to pilot the deck, but a few notable situations where I think Sneak outperformed my standard Junk lists:

Round 1 vs. Grixis Delver:

Game one, my opponent hits me with a turn 3 therapy. He can grab punishing fire, sneak attack, emrakul, or GSZ. He takes the p-fire because he can't beat it and loses very quickly to Emrakul. He ended up underestimating how quickly the deck could turn the corner. Even compared to the life gain inherent to Junk, this version just closes the game so quickly both because once sneak is out we cheat on mana and because of the haste.

Round 2 vs. Bant-Post

This was a brew that my opponent has brought to multiple Legacy Preservation Series (local 1k series w/ invitationals for legacy) top 8's. It's locuses, show and tell, blue cantrips, top, and terminus. Game one, my opponent gets out Emrakul and I haven't drawn a fatty yet (or a sneak attack, so he doesn't know what's up). Game two, my opponent brainstorms in response to my thoughtseize to hide Emrakul. I play along, take his SDT, and leave him a show and tell. He untaps, plays show and tell, drops Emrakul. I drop in sneak attack, untap, haste in Sidisi sacrificing Veteran Explorer, fetch Emrakul, haste in Emrakul, and get him for exact damage and no permanents. Junk would have just lost to the snuck-in Emrakul. Game three, I can tell my opponent is keeping a Terminus ready on top by the way he's resetting his library with top during my end step, so I start with some Fierce Empath beats. I get Tower out, so it's safe to sneak out Primeval Titan, getting Stronghold. From here, my opponent can't meaningfully interact because of the ability to sacrifice in response to Terminus. We go to turns but I hard-cast an Emrakul (from rebuying Primeval Titan so much) on Turn one, untap for turn two, move to attackers, he bounces Emrakul with Karakas and realizes I can re-cast again plus haste in PT and Inferno Titan, and concedes.

Round 3 vs. Elves

Honestly I think I got lucky here, but thanks to Pyroclasm plus P-Fire plus Deed plus Decay, my draws felt much more "live" in this matchup. I did die to a huge behemoth game two. Game three I deeded for 0 to kill 3 Dryad Arbor, which felt great. I followed that up with another Deed and Inferno Titan.

I would've liked to play out Round 4 against Delver again but the weather was getting dicey and most folks were eager to get home, so we split the prizes and I conceded to him because he plays more frequently and is in the running for the local legacy invitational.

Sidisi and Meren felt the most open to cutting, but I'd cut Meren based on your metagame before I cut Sidisi. Sidisi is just one more way to tutor up the right bullet to outright win the match, even if Nissa provides tons of pressure versus Miracles. Meren might go, but I'd have to figure out what to remove her for (maybe a Chandra, Torch of Defiance, but then we're down another GSZ target). There just isn't a lot of shardless or jund around for me right now. I'd want to test her vs Eldrazi before making that decision though.

@ gth842s

I agree about Meren, it is a fantastic card, but I do not believe she fits a sneak build. Lots of reanimator where I am so DRS and Scooze in the main. Cannot find room for Primetime either which is vexing.

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Coming from the D&T side against Nic Fit I would typically name 1 (Path/Plow and Therapy) or 2 (Abrupt Decay), only naming 3 if I did not have a Revoker or Needle for Pernicious Deed. However if I saw a Deluge in game 2 then I would definitely be naming 3 in a third game.

Nic Fit has removal with CMC 1-3 so there's always options, especially if there isn't an active Mom. The only way I was ever able to beat Nic Fit is if I could pressure mana very early, but once the Nic Fit player gets going it's hard for D&T to do much of anything to keep up.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    Coming from the D&T side against Nic Fit I would typically name 1 (Path/Plow and Therapy) or 2 (Abrupt Decay), only naming 3 if I did not have a Revoker or Needle for Pernicious Deed. However if I saw a Deluge in game 2 then I would definitely be naming 3 in a third game.

Nic Fit has removal with CMC 1-3 so there's always options, especially if there isn't an active Mom. The only way I was ever able to beat Nic Fit is if I could pressure mana very early, but once the Nic Fit player gets going it's hard for D&T to do much of anything to keep up.
    Revoker and mirran crusader are huge problems, now prelate becomes a nuisance.
    Luckily, DT isn't huge online atm so its not the headache for me, yet.

Tapping out to play deed and eating an attack might be equivalent to paying x for a turn. I guess I do find wanting a deed in a lot of cases because my friends play miracles and d&t but a single deluge might make the cut.

If you wanted something for SB against d&t, there is massacre, to the slaughter can help if you stick it early, zealous persecution is always cute, and there is a black enchantment whose name I cannot think of where all white creatures get -1/1.

Personally, I want to see demon of dark schemes to become an option.

Thread Information