Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697
Results 1,921 to 1,931 of 1931

Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Re: [Deck] U/G Infect

Venerated Rotpriest
    bounty of the hunt

2x rot priest and a bounty of the hunt is a lot of triggers for not much investment.

I'm going to try a mono g build around this synergy. But there's enough green in the UG lists to support Bounty as well.

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    Venerated Rotpriest
    bounty of the hunt

2x rot priest and a bounty of the hunt is a lot of triggers for not much investment.

I'm going to try a mono g build around this synergy. But there's enough green in the UG lists to support Bounty as well.
    Venerated Rotpriest will trigger multiple times if Bounty of the Hunt (or Seeds of Strength, etc.) targets multiple creatures, but not if it only targets one creature. If you target the same creature with all 3 "target creature" parts of the spell, it only "becomes a target" of that spell one time. So 2x Rotpriest plus 1x Bounty of the Hunt are 4 triggers only, If you do not have third creature to put counter on it.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Yes, you are correct, i probably could have elaborated more, but thanks for covering that.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

The Parfait Meta-Game

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Starting to feel like I wanted to be too cute with bounty of the hunt. Opting to get berserk and mutagenic growth in now. I also ended up cutting a nexus for an island. Because of the black splash I think this is the right call.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Well I’m happy I opted to go back to berserk. It combined with the rotpriest to help push wins through. I feel like the sideboard was probably the strongest part, but feel like I more then likely made poor sideboarding choices. That said post sideboard games weren’t lasting that long either.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    Well I’m happy I opted to go back to berserk. It combined with the rotpriest to help push wins through. I feel like the sideboard was probably the strongest part, but feel like I more then likely made poor sideboarding choices. That said post sideboard games weren’t lasting that long either.
    On average, what's the critical turn with that list? Distorted Curiosity is in the slot I usually use for Sylvan Library, and I pretty much always paid 4 to 8 life off Library to set up for a kill. Distorted Curiosity seems like it incentivizes a slower, longer game.

Also, how has Embiggen been? How often is it a larger bonus than +3/+3?

Sep 2011

Is Embiggen +4/+4 on Glistener and Agent because of the errata to add subtype Phyrexian? If so that's busted. So long Might of Old Krosa & friends.

Did Inkmoth also gain type Phyrexian? Even if not, it's still +4/+4 with artifact creature land & Blinkmoth.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Is Embiggen +4/+4 on Glistener and Agent because of the errata to add subtype Phyrexian? If so that's busted. So long Might of Old Krosa & friends.

Did Inkmoth also gain type Phyrexian? Even if not, it's still +4/+4 with artifact creature land & Blinkmoth.
    Yes and yes.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

It still feels turn 3 consistently. I’ve come to like curiosity for being blue, draw 2 for the same reason. That said I did put a sylvan in the board. And I guess with that in mind, because of the rotpriest I found I was more incentivized to go big faster since rotpriest can just ignore combat to finish them off and it being dealt with can also finish them off.

I haven’t had smaller then a +4/4 embiggen. It’s actually had me question scale up which I don’t like because of the sorcery speed even though it can create some fast wins.

Truth be told I still don’t think I’m a fan of the deck, but when it rains it pours. Highlight was triple invigorate against shadow to kill shadow and get in for lethal.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Hey all,

It has been a couple of months and I can safely say that Venerated Rotpriest isn't cutting it for this deck or at least in my build.

It simply does too little as a one off and does not advance the game state in a meaningful way and it is still susceptible to all the usual removal suspects. It feels like it needs its own combo based deck that doesn't revolve around combat.

That being said, we are now faced with a new problem card , Orcish Bowmasters and I think I have an answer and I largely overlooked this card because of the initial Rotpriest hype.

Lets entertain the idea of Bloated Contaminator as an additional threat in this deck.

for a 4/4 with Trample, Toxic 1 and the ability to proliferate when it connects.

Pros:

1) It can land as quick as turn 2 with Noble Hierarch.
    2) The proliferate trigger can muck up Chalice of the Void triggers as well tick up additional poison.
    3) Being a 4/4, it dodges alot of hate/ prison cards. Too big for Plague Engineer to cheese, too big for Bowmasters to ping without a brainstorm and gets over Trinisphere and the aforementioned Chalice and potentially castable under a Blood Moon.
    4) Being that it has Toxic and not Infect, it makes the pure damage plan more viable than pumping mana dorks while still progressing the poison plan for a potential blowout.
    5) Great in the mirror match surprisingly.
    6) The additional threat can bait out multiple spells if caught in a counter war or making an attempt to get it off the board with damage based lines.

Cons:
    1) Its 3 mana. It will slow down the deck considerably.
    2) Being Toxic and not Infect does impact the viability of it in the early game if it ever comes to that. Its not as scary as an infect creature but the 4/4 needs to be respected. It gets scarier once the opponent is on 7 -9 poison which can take some set up to make good.
    3) Depending on the build it might be too much of an ask to keep in. Either cutting down creatures, pump or toolbox cards to make this one work.

My current meta game is leaning heavy on the black side of things with Bowmasters being slotted into every deck it can be considered to run it.

This is my current list. Any additional thoughts on this build and the theory behind Bloated Contaminator are greatly appreciated.

2 Berserk
    4 Blighted Agent
    3 Bloated Contaminator
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Crop Rotation
    3 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    1 Forest
    3 Glistener Elf
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Invigorate
    4 Noble Hierarch