Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

Re: [Primer/Deck] U/G Infect

hey thanks :)

went to another local today and went 2-0-1 Id the last rd so we would have each received better prize support. match-ups high tide(fairy engine), elves, and rw painter. i still ran shocks at this event but had 1 tropical island since i won it at the other event on saturday.

Jun 2012
    Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by poxy14 View Post
    @dark reckoning and sabertooth: congrats on another amazing finish for us, TEAM INFECT : ) i'll wait for decklists and short reports on your matchups, thanks!
    i dont remember all the details but here we go

r1: death and taxes/2-1

G1: was easy, really. he didnt drew removals for my creatures, and a blighted agent plus invigorate gave me the game
    g2: i lost this game because i played to scared of removal, i destroyed a jitte with krosan grip that gavge me an edge, but i waited till the last turn to deploy my pump spells and a vialed flickerwisp ruined my plans, i should try to kill him the turn before the val ticked to 3. I suppose that this error came because this is the first time i play infect in legacy and i didnt play the format for a long time
    g3: a really cool game (for me). He kept a hand with one land, one mother of runes and 2 sword to plowshares (and random cards i suppose), i kept a hand with 1 land and 3 creatures XD, and drew the 3 glistener elf, so he could not recover, even drawing the 3th sword (i dazed it). I drew the second land and it was over

r2: Affinity/2-0

G1: I play a noble hierarch with a pendelhaven. he plays stoneforge mystic on turn 1 searching for jitte (-.-), a thpter and a skirge. on turn 2 i play a G-elf and a ponder that shows me the only berserk that i borrowed from a friend, keeping mana open for a vines if he tries to equip. He plays a master of etherium and pass. I play a land and pass. He plays a second master and attacks. No blocks. He didnt drew the mana source to play and equip the jitte. On my turn,i pump with pendle and attack with exalted, he blocks with his 7/7 master, i play invigorate, vines with kicker and berserk, swinging for 22 e.e
    g2: i needle his tezzeret. and wait until he attacks with plating to kill the creature with natures claim, the nexus+invigorate+become inmense gave me the game

r3: Ur delver/2-1

Difficult match up: i dont remember a lot of this games. G1 was nexus + invigorate + berserk + some pendel and exalted that gave me the game. I was happy with how i played the game, because his delver showed a price of progress when flipped, so i played in a way that his price dealt me 8 dmg, leaving me in 1 life :D. even i had to fight with dazes over a young pyromancer to bite his counters. That fow that he used to save his pyro gave me the game (that kind of jedi mind tricks is what i love in combo decks)
    G2: he plays lavamancer..... even with that play, i manage to deal 9 poison, but is not enough
    G3: i kept a questionable 6-cards hand: 2 nexus, 1 spellskite, invigorate and a coulpe of infect creatures, but my reasoning was that even if the lands come to late, i have the kite to protect my nexus (what would you do?). Turns out that he forced my spellskite and now im in trouble, because i didnt drew a land for 4 or 5 turns. i drew the tropical and play and elf that is killed by electrickery ( :O). He attacks and im dead next turn because i know that he has a lightning bolt in hand, but tom ross helped this time ( XD) i drew another invigorate to a total of 3!! in my hand. It's now or never. I converted nexus and attacked. He declares no blocks and i invigorate my nexus. He bolts in response, i invigorate in response. He thinks a bit and brainstorms, then bolts my nexus in response, and i slam the 3th invigorate on the table 4 the win!! my friends told me that my deck sometimes is just stupid, and i agree haha

R4: 4 color delver: the last round, and a difficult match i guess/2-1
    g1: he says that he is afraid because he didnt tested the match. Me neither, but i didnt said anything. im confident with my infect skills. I dont remember a lot, but i grinded him with an agent
    g2: a well played flusterstorm on a vines gave him the game
    g3: my hand is a little bad but anyway. I attacked with a nexus with exalted and he bolted it, i invigorate to deal 6 dmg. The folowing turn im probably dead, but i topdecked a become inmense to seal the deal

My list (feel free to say something about this, i finded it pretty good)

[deck]4 glistener elf
    4 blighted agent
    4 noble hierarch

2 become inmense
    1 berserk
    4 invigorate
    3 force of will
    4 daze
    1 crop rotation
    1 spell pierce
    4 brainstorm
    4 vines of vastwood

1 ponder
    3 gitaxian probe

4 inkmoth nexus
    3 misty rainforest
    2 verdant catacombs
    3 windswept heath
    1 forest
    1 wasteland
    4 tropical island
    2 pendelhaven[/deck]

Sideboard

[deck]1 spellskite
    1 spell pierce
    1 dispel
    1 wasteland
    1 bojuka bog
    2 nature's claim
    2 krosan grip
    2 surgical extraction
    1 sylvan library
    1 force of will
    1 grafdigger's cage[/deck]

just 1 berserk was not a problem, the 2 become inmense were great, i sided out my force of wills in all my matchups, but i think that this is because i didnt face combo decks. The deck performed awesome, and i had the luck that sometimes we need to take a little advantage over theother players. Again, feel free to discuss. This is te first time that i played the archetype in legacy (i have the modern version), so maybe something is wrong, and sorry for my english

i dont know how to link the cards

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

Quote Originally Posted by poxy14 View Post
    @dark reckoning and sabertooth: congrats on another amazing finish for us, TEAM INFECT : ) i'll wait for decklists and short reports on your matchups, thanks!
    ok so for the saturday event i sleeved up the following:

4x blight agent
    4x glistener elf
    4x noble hierarch

2x become immense
    2x berserk
    4x brainstorm
    1x crop rotation
    3x daze
    3x force of will
    4x invigorate
    2x spell pierce
    3x vines of vastwood

1x distortion strike
    3x gitaxian probe

1x dryad arbor
    1x forest
    4x breading pool
    4x inkmoth nexus
    1x pendalhaven
    1x wasteland
    4x windswepth heath
    4x wooded foothills

sb
    1x necropede
    1x spellskite
    1x virdian corrupter
    1x sylvan library
    1x crop rotation
    2x hyrdoblast
    2x krosan grip
    1x pact of negation
    1x piracy charm
    2x spell pierce
    1x bojuka bog

i dont really remember how the games went but i can give the overall match record of each.
    rd1: post 2-1, rd2: D&T 2-0, rd3: post 2-0, rd4: ug infect 2-0, rd5: omniscience 2-0, rd6: rw painter id

Mar 2010
    Philippines

thanks for the reports and lists you've shared guys!

@reckoning: are there lots of liliana in your meta? i saw 1 dryad arbor still in your list.. the card seems too slow for me especially when u draw it, u just want to shuffle it away via brainstorm.. unless im carrying a sideboard of 3 natural orders/1 progenitus...that's the only time i would include it back in the main.

i would also try to diversify my artifact/enchantment hate, vs a good MUD player, he can just simply set cotv to 3 to lock you down on your grips, corrupter and invigorates too.. a resolved thalia will make our grips 4cc spell too. corrupter is kinda slow too (on my experience) vs lots of things and is useless vs bloodmoon. infect is a tempo deck that needs one good opening to execute the W.. i love it when opponents spend their manas trying to equip and then we're just gonna blow up the artifact, TIMEWALK baby!
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:
    https://www.facebook.com/earlgrant.deleon
    Commission Status: FULL!!! Commission Line to open: 2019

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

i like to have the option of killing someone with base damage. i have noticed some people just tend to not care how much life they have than a simple dyrad arbor fetch with distortion strike can kill them. Also, one of my good friends play Jund and there is a decent amount of BUG where I play.

I see your point on viridian corrupter than a single nature's claim may be the better move vs mud in such, but normally in those games if chalice is not on one i still have become immense and vines to go for the kill.

Mar 2010
    Philippines

hey guys, what are your thoughts on BEAST WITHIN? i might try 1-2 in the board this weekend..
    i love its application vs permanents we hate like maze ith, oppossing flyers, wastelands, pithing needle on inkmoth, elesh norn, bloodmoon especially magus of the moon etc..

but i havent tested it yet..
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:

Jun 2012
    Argentina

i thought about it too, but my opinion about BW is the same as Swan song, i just dont like giving them a blocker

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

a 3/3 body is hugh, if you dont have a way to get around it and will be blocking you for days. also adding to your opponents board i feel isn't very good.

Mar 2010
    Philippines

glistener is good vs combo, midgame vs midrange it gets worse... with tons of flyers around (delver, strix, cliq, wisps...) i would consider blighted as our only creature with evade.. and i would rather see an oppossing goyf compared to a baleful strix, a 3/3 token vs an entreat token with this deck, so a 3/3 grounder shouldnt be an issue for me.. well, i'll try playtesting 1-2 BW in the sides when i have time, i'll keep u guys posted...
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:

Played a small 4 rounds tiurnament with U/GInfect yesterday. Luck wasnt on my side so i ended on friday 13 with 1-3.^^
    First round: bye

The second round was against BWG with Knight, Rhino, Thalia and Marit Lage combo. The first match i get slowed down by thalia and killed by a 20/20 Marit Lage. My infecters get sworded and decayed. He played both 4 times. I thought he had much removal in our first match but the second match was much harder. He boarded to his 4 Decays, 4 swords some numbers of Toxic Deluge and Golgari Charm^^.
    The second match i had to go for the kill in my last round because he has the Marit Lage for the next round. I go with Glistener Elf pumped with Haven. He blocks with knight and pumped him. I go for Become immense, and double Berserk. Then his abrupt Decay killed my elf. No vines in hand...
    Had no other chance than all in.

Third round was against ANT. I lost 0:2 . He went for the kill before i could.
    In the fourth round I lost to burn 1:2 because i couldnt find another green source to kicker vines and go for the kill. Had only 1 trop and i think all of my inkmoth drawn. Eidolon and his burn spell gave me the rest. Boarded 2x Spellskite, 2x Hydroblast and did not find any of them in both sideboard matches :/
    Cockatrice: Deckerator
    () Reanimator
    Shardless BUG
    Death&Taxes

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

Went 6-3 yesterday at the eternal extravaganza in pa. Had a total of 320 players. Came in 65th.

Oct 2010
    Kingswinford, UK

Hey guys. I'm having fun playing some infect recently and im on 19 land. I'd like to have a test with the 20 lands (I guess with the intention of situationally boarding the 20th out in certain matchups. My current (extremely orthodox) config is:

4 Tropical island
    1 Wasteland
    4 Inkmoth nexus
    1 Forest
    1 Pendelhaven
    8 Green fetches

(2 crop rotation)
    (8 cantrips)

What would people recommend for the last land? Im torn between an extra waste (I view the deck as tempo/combo, and so it fits in nicely to how I play but doesn't make the 3rd green which you sometimes need for a kill), an extra pendelhaven (I love this card - I crop rotate for it a lot, and so would make sense to just play more...), the basic island (Not so necessary, I agree, but I REALLY hate bloodmoons), A possible savannah for white board options (RIP, upgrade SB removal to swords) or a straight up breeding pool. What are the thoughts from the community?

The Spanish Tunnel King.

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

It depends on your pump spell setup, if you are playing 2x become immense or 1x become immense and 1x dig throught time 9th fetchland is OK imho.

EDIT: Im not big fan of wasteland in this deck and I definitely wouldn't play two in MD, our deck is green mana hungry on combo turn, but waste is needed in some certains matchup (lands, punishing jund), so it is OK to play one in our 75.

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

Quote Originally Posted by The Spanish Tunnel King View Post
    Hey guys. I'm having fun playing some infect recently and im on 19 land. I'd like to have a test with the 20 lands (I guess with the intention of situationally boarding the 20th out in certain matchups. My current (extremely orthodox) config is:

4 Tropical island
    1 Wasteland
    4 Inkmoth nexus
    1 Forest
    1 Pendelhaven
    8 Green fetches

(2 crop rotation)
    (8 cantrips)

What would people recommend for the last land? Im torn between an extra waste (I view the deck as tempo/combo, and so it fits in nicely to how I play but doesn't make the 3rd green which you sometimes need for a kill), an extra pendelhaven (I love this card - I crop rotate for it a lot, and so would make sense to just play more...), the basic island (Not so necessary, I agree, but I REALLY hate bloodmoons), A possible savannah for white board options (RIP, upgrade SB removal to swords) or a straight up breeding pool. What are the thoughts from the community?

The Spanish Tunnel King.
    i like running a dyrad arbor. it give the deck a second win condition vs people who openly play thoughtseize and dark confidants. However, in some match-ups having two wastelands is very good especially the mirror if you are able to land a creature 1st.

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

my report on external extravaganza two.

here the the list i sleeved up for the event:

4x blight agent
    4x glistener elf
    4x noble hierarch

2x become immense
    2x berserk
    4x brainstorm
    1x crop rotation
    3x daze
    3x force of will
    4x invigorate
    2x spell pierce
    3x vines of vastwood

1x distortion strike
    3x gitaxian probe

1x dryad arbor
    1x forest
    4x inkmoth nexus
    1x pendalhaven
    4x tropical island
    1x wasteland
    4x windswepth heath
    4x wooded foothills

sb
    1x necropede
    1x spellskite
    1x virdian corrupter
    1x sylvan library
    1x crop rotation
    1x surgical extraction
    1x nature's claim
    2x krosan grip
    1x pact of negation
    1x piracy charm
    2x spell pierce
    1x bojuka bog

I was able to barrow three tropical islands from my friends as to not have to use breading pools. I made a small sideboard change since my last event as I heard lands was going to be heavily play and it was with the surgical extraction and nature's claim.

There ended up being 317 players which accounted for 9 rounds of swiss than a top 16 playoff.

RD 1: Miracles: (0-0)
    Games 1: I never saw the counter top combo and he had main board true-name so I thought he was UW Blade. Killed turn 3.
    Games 2: He goes t-1 top, t-3 counterbalance but it was too late as I had already put 8 posion on him and killed next turn.
    (1-0)

RD 2: Death and Taxes: (1-0)
    Don't recall much of game one and two besides him taking one and me two.
    Game 3: i probe him and 2x plows and a thalia, to my 2x vines. I force his t-2 thalia and than he rips another off the top. he continues with perfect tops and win.
    (1-1)

RD 3: RW Prison (1-1)
    same pretty much here with game one but game two I lead glistener elf force chalice on one than t-2 kill.
    Game 3: looking back I should have won but completely misread krosian grip and thought it said can't be countered. This allowed him to use batterskull to beat me when he was down to 5 and me beating him down with hierachs.
    (1-2)

RD 4: UG Infect (1-2)
    sadly each game was won by who ever landed blighted agent his and he won the die roll. lost (1-2)
    (1-3)

RD 5: RW Painter (1-3)
    had to play a friend in this round which was horrible for the both of us. In are testing I normally won game one and him two and three. However, this time he won game one and I won games two and three which for us was kind of funny.
    (2-3)

RD 6: BUG Delver (2-3)
    Game 1: He mulled to 5 and I went for the turn three kill after he only had one card left to hand and got there.
    Game 2: When I went for the kill I knew he hand FOW and a daze in had and he had six mana up, and I tapped out to go for the kill with only a pact back up. He forced my first copy of invigorate pitching the daze instead of hard casting it. I pact it and than used my second invigorate for the kill.
    (3-3)

RD 7: Death and taxes (3-3)
    Game 1: landed a first turn glistener elf and he went land pass, played a hierach attack for 2, forced his stoneforge than went for game.
    Game 2: did have the force for his thaila and he had double swords to plow shares I conceded after he wasted both of my lands.
    Game 3: opened up trop, glistener, daze, brainstorm, force of will, invigorate, berserk. killed him turn two.
    (4-3)

RD 8: UR Delver (4-3)
    Don't remember a lot here besides some stealing my pen and at the end of the games him saying he would forget to use my pen to write of my fetches. I won in 3.
    (5-3)

RD 9: Elves (5-3)
    at this point we were fighting to make top 64 and end up getting something out of the event for the winner and loser nothing.
    Game 1: Didn't have the force fore his natural order turn 3 and died.
    Game 2: he boards only 3 cards, and decays one of my creatures. I quickly surgicalled it and played another creature. game ended next turn.
    Game 3: this was a really fun game and got super close in the end. My opponent attacked me with all his guys and next turn i put him to 8 infect with blighted agent. I could tell my opponent had hoof in hand as he kept counting mana on his text turn he had 7. His three nettle sentinels were still tapped from his land turn. he than attacked with what he had a pasted. I untapped killed him. he showed me his two card hand of glimpse and hoof. he could have cast and the gimpse untapped his three sentinels and killed me. i guy was cool and the games were fun.
    (6-3)

At the end of swiss standing came up and I was the lone 18 point player to not make top 64 coming in 65 since the people who beat me ending up dropping. In the end it was a fun day and who knew how it could have gone if I only gripped in round 2.

Tom Ross made 16th place this weekend: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=81087

Congratz Dark-reckoning on the results.
    You made a nice comback i must say.

Im really interested in the Pact you run. Do you think it was worth it (i know it won you a game at least)?
    Seems strong when you want to end the game NOW, but otherwise seems like a dead card draw?
    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

I played a Legacy tournament at GP Cleveland this weekend and ran Infect. I basically used Ross' list, except I had a 2nd spell pierce rather than a Dig.

In round one, I played against an experienced player running Omni Tell. I lost game one, in game 2 he hit me with Emrakul, putting me to 2 and leaving me with Blighted Agent as my only permanent. Fortunately, he was at 1 and I won, and won game 3 (1-0)

Round 2 I beat Elves in 3 to go to 2-0

Round 3 I beat Elves again, this time in 2 thanks to a play mistake by my opponent to go to 3-0

Round 4 I played against a BRU Gorger deck and lost in 2. I felt it should be a decent matchup but it just didn't happen. I had no clue how to SB against this matchup. 3-1

Round 5 I played against Omni Tell again. I lost in 3 very close games.

Round 6 I played against the mirror and won in 2. He blew his load on 3 pump spells and then I submerged his creature game 2. 4-2

Round 7 I played against OmniTell (with a red splash) and still had an outside shot at top 4. I lost in 2, though. A disappointing 4-3 record. There were a lot of Miracles decks but I never got to play one.

What is the recommended sideboarding for OmniTell if we, say, use Ross' latest version?

Mar 2010
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    You made a nice comback i must say. Seems strong when you want to end the game NOW, but otherwise seems like a dead card draw?
    +1, i would rather use flusterstorm or an extra pierce that i can use anytime of the game.
    grats on your amazing finish DARKRECKONING! especially that win vs bug

@ryanghall: ive had lots of success vs OMNITELL, probably because i was on a 3 vines/2 become immense built, which is best suited for a combo field meta.. upon sideboarding, i carry additionals pierces, fluster and inserts in surgical to hit their cantrips so to stall their development and make our pierces/daze work..omnitell is a 1 click 1 hit deck, if they assemble their pieces right, it's over..but vs us, they too a facing a 1 hit deck too.

i remember vs one of my matchups in the semis vs omnitell, i probed and saw dtt/2 flusters in my opponents hand.. i fired off all my pumps every turn just to let him use his flusters, then when he dtt'ed that's the time i used my permissions back. Decks that carry DTT are hard to beat when the games go longer, surely they will connect with their combo once they hit DTT, if these decks are prevalent in the meta, i might carry back a relic of progenitus just to stop or stall them from delving.

here's my list that beat omnitell in the semis, and SnT in the finals...
    http://www.mtgmanila.com/cerberus-le...and-decklists/

and the video of game3 of the finals:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzRl3VDy2BY
    Last edited by poxy14; 03-23-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:

Mar 2015
    Torrington, CT

with pact of negation it comes down to me not having the a 4th force of will or flusterstorm. however, there were many times where I went for game with a force of will and pact back-up. Also, in one game I cast pact paid for it over the weekend but ending up losing that game.

Thread Information