Quote Originally Posted by hovercraft View Post
I think Mox Diamond makes a lot of sense with a high land count, but I agree that I don't see why you wouldn't squeak in 1-2x Loam in somewhere. He's clearly having some success playing for the slightly longer gameplan or at least the ability to pivot.
1x Life from the Loam seems like it would be promising, but it would only be good in game 1. In games 2+3, your opponent will have Surgical Extraction. And you can't risk accidentally dredging a Dark Depths and having it surgicaled prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by hovercraft View Post
Which decks does David Long side in the GSZ package against? Control decks with answers to ML I guess? Miracles/DnT/Grixis?
The GSZ package is also effectively extra copies of Sylvan Safekeeper, as well as a way to snag the Dryad Arbor in a pinch. And don't forget that Safekeeper + Gaddock Teeg is game over against ANT Storm, and will buy significant time and merit a Burning Wish from TES.

Green Sun's Zenith plus tireless tracker and gaddock teeg is good against Miracles. Against Grixis I'm not quite so sure. Theoretically, Tireless Tracker seems good for grinding. But Grixis is already a great matchup, and diluting with a "go long" package against a deck made to go long might be exactly the wrong strategy.

I would not bring in Gaddock Teeg against D+T. Maybe GSZ for more copies of Safekeeper, which is a crucial card in the matchup. Maybe Tireless Tracker but I don't know if you will have space. You have 3x Dread of Night and 1x Pithing Needle (Karakas, Vial, Port, equipment, Mother of Runes if necessary), which are definitely coming in. You only have so many slots to add extra Green Sun's Zenith shenanigans.

And you can always trim a Sylvan Safekeeper when you add a Green Sun's Zenith, without really "going down" on the number of Sylvan Safekeepers in your 60.