Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Since I'm too cheap to shell out for Sylvan Library I'm deciding between Abundant Harvest and OUAT as a replacement in the GW KOTR build. Thoughts?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Since I'm too cheap to shell out for Sylvan Library I'm deciding between Abundant Harvest and OUAT as a replacement in the GW KOTR build. Thoughts?
    I would go with OUAT for sure. Mana isn't an issue and setting up early for free is very good. It gives you better selection.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Is GB Depths completely dead currently?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

No, it still puts up the occasional result. Here is the most recent results on mtgtop8:

http://www.mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=555&meta=39&f=LE

The metagame is currently pretty hostile though, especially with Prismatic Ending being another efficient answer to Marit Lage. Uro keeping life totals above 20 is another bad sign. If I were to bring this to a tournament soon, and I might, I would want additional ways to get Marit Lage through. Rancor and possibly main deck Rite of Consumption. I also think in general Dark Confidant is better than Not of this World in the main deck. My current build plays 3 Bobs main and 3 NotW in the sideboard for Prismatic Ending. I am also biting the bullet and playing 2x main deck Abrupt Decay. The deck isn't ideally placed, but you can make adjustments and still do well if you have a lot of experience with the deck.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

these days I think hogaak depths is the way to go if you want to play bg depths

Check here this GW Depths (no turbo):

https://mtgtop8.com/event?e=32260&d=448321&f=LE

It was created by a well-known Spanish player (Togores)

Hello i am new here. Thank you so much for letting me in here I hope of learning more here.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

A card I've stumbled upon recently I thought I might mention.

Restore

It can 'reanimate' your own used fetchlands.
    It can steal opposing on color used fetchlands from an opponent's graveyard. It can also recur a nonbasic destroyed by your own Wasteland.
    If the opponent Wastelands your Depths or Thespian Stage, Restore can return the piece.
    Further, Restore can return your Wasteland, or your opponent's Wastelands. That's comparable to Sinkhole at 1G, reuse my own or my opponents Wasteland. Sinkhole could perhaps even complement Wasteland and Restore to max those effects, if more land control is preferred.
    Stealing an opponent's land outside of Wasteland could even be Dark Depths in the mirror.
    Less relevant, stealing non-fetch lands reduces Threshold and Delve.

Restore plays well with Crop Rotation and Mox Diamond, and fetchlands, Elvish Reclaimer, Knight of the Reliquary, Sylvan Safekeeper... ontop of just being efficient against and with Wasteland. Further, the combo puts Dark Depths in the yard anyway; if Marit Lage is removed, then Restore can return Dark Depths or Thespian Stage.

Restore could enable cards like Entomb to bin Dark Depths or Thespian Stage. Entomb can also bin Life from the Loam. Not sure this matters, but I figured I'd mention it.

Restore at 1G is comparable to Ramunap Excavator at 2G. Perhaps Depths.dec would prefer Ramunap Excavator since it sticks around for multiple uses. I would think Excavator would pair with Exploration where more lands can be played from the graveyard, meaning double Wasteland, fetchland twice, etc.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

I had never seen a Mono-B depths, is this any good? (well, it must be, there are several 5-0s with this and variations, also , chains aside it's a really budget deck):

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4565483#online

Apr 2021
    Oz

That deck also incorporates the Leyline of the void / Helm of obedience combo. You have to weigh up if it's worth having 2 plans in the one deck, or going flat out for the Dark Depths OR helm combo plan. There are instances of both decks which focus on 1 plan and doing ok. Sometimes the helm combo is a good sideboard plan.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

It's been a little while since I really dug into legacy, but a new LGS opened up recently and we had our inaugural legacy weekly today. I'm not an online player, I only do paper. I played a fairly traditional BG Turbo version, no rainbow lands or Stifle/Flusterstorm. I couldn't get a Boseiju before the event, so I just played a maindeck Dryad Arbor. Four rounds, I went 3-1, beating a mono-green Tooth and Nail homebrew, Mono-red Painter, and Grixis Death's Shadow. My loss came against another mono-red Painter player. Maindeck Boseiju would have been pretty good in the painter matchup. I just put together a streamlined fast list with some grind tools in the board.

List:
    4x Vampire Hexmage
    4x Elvish Spirit Guide
    4x Lotus Petal
    4x Pithing Needle
    4x Crop Rotation
    4x Sylvan Scrying
    4x Thoughtseize
    3x Duress
    3x Not of this World
    1x Rancor
    4x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Bayou
    2x Blooming Marsh
    1x Forest
    1x Swamp
    1x Ghost Quarter
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Sejiri Steppe
    1x Dryad Arbor
    4x Thespian's Stage
    4x Dark Depths

Sideboard
    2x Sylvan Safekeeper
    2x Plague Engineer
    2x Sylvan Library
    2x Rite of Consumption
    2x Assassin's Trophy
    2x Force of Vigor
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Karakas

Changes I will be making moving forward: cutting Arbor for Boseiju, easy swap once I get ahold of one. I also swapped out the Blooming Marshes for Nurturing Peatland, a definite upgrade. My biggest reason for the fetches/basics was to play around Blood Moon, which is always prevalent in my area. It defintely paid off, and overall the basics are better than having Stifle/Flusterstorm. The fetches help shuffle with sideboard Libraries as well.

Felt good to be playing cards again! Hope everyone gets a chance to get back into in-person Legacy.
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 08-04-2022 at 08:42 PM.
    Brainstorm Realist

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

New list:

-2 Blooming Marsh
    +2 Nurturing peatland

-1 Not of this world
    +1 Life from the loam

-1 dryad arbor
    +1 Boseiju

List feels strong, may cut the Rancor. Not sure if I still need the Dryad Arbor in the 75, there isn't a lot of Edict effects currently. I could also Sideboard in the Safekeepers to help in that regard.
    Brainstorm Realist

Is there a specific reason you're running rancor? It seems like a lot of the flyers I see would require two attacks regardless. ie Ledger Shredder, Murktide

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

It was originally to trample over delvers, but also to create a significant threat with Hexmage. Maybe it's time to drop it, I really don't have a lot of Delver in my local metagame. Not sure what I would replace it with, maybe a 1-of Elvish Reclaimer. Thanks for the note.
    Brainstorm Realist

This is the list I've been running. No forest to dodge submerge. Tower of the Magistrate is a flex spot that has previously been Life from the Loam, Rite of Consumption, Duress. This weekend I top 8 a local team 10k with this list.
    In the sideboard I've been going back and forth between Plague Engineer, Leyline of the Void, and Massacre. There are a good number of experienced lands players in my local meta so I've been considering building the sideboard more against that matchup.

1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Boseiju, Who Endures
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    1 Tower of the Magistrate
    1 Swamp
    2 Gemstone Mine
    2 Nurturing Peatland
    3 Duress
    3 Not of This World
    4 Dark Depths
    4 Darkbore Pathway // Slitherbore Pathway
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Vampire Hexmage

Sideboard (15)
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Collector Ouphe
    2 Force of Vigor
    1 Karakas
    2 Plague Engineer
    2 Rite of Consumption
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Sylvan Safekeeper

I'm a big fan of Depths decks and run it a lot on my dedicated Legacy content YouTube channel.

Most recently I wanted to try out some more protection spells, so added 2 Safekeeper MD alongside the 4 Not of this World. My conclusion was that I wouldn't run this deck right now without the 4 Not of This World in the main, but the safekeeper didn't really do much MD. Next time I think I'll try out a 1 of Tamiyo's Safekeeping and run the Steely Resolve in the SB, which is an option I always used to like back in the day.

For those interested, here's the most recent league with Turbo depths I ran: https://youtu.be/WDCQOL39dDc

(Also, for december, I did #Depthcember, running lots of weird depths decks which might appeal to all 20/20 enthusiasts out there, that is all in one playlist)

Apr 2021
    Oz

I like this deck style too. Is the nurturing peatland worth splashing out on? I've 2 bayous and both darkbore and overgrown tomb...

Jan 2017
    London

Quote Originally Posted by z0anthr0pe View Post
    I like this deck style too. Is the nurturing peatland worth splashing out on? I've 2 bayous and both darkbore and overgrown tomb...
    I usually have that in my box of options, it's okay but is often one of the first lands to get cut

Jan 2017
    London

Quote Originally Posted by CyrusBales View Post
    I'm a big fan of Depths decks and run it a lot on my dedicated Legacy content YouTube channel.

Most recently I wanted to try out some more protection spells, so added 2 Safekeeper MD alongside the 4 Not of this World. My conclusion was that I wouldn't run this deck right now without the 4 Not of This World in the main, but the safekeeper didn't really do much MD. Next time I think I'll try out a 1 of Tamiyo's Safekeeping and run the Steely Resolve in the SB, which is an option I always used to like back in the day.

For those interested, here's the most recent league with Turbo depths I ran: https://youtu.be/WDCQOL39dDc

(Also, for december, I did #Depthcember, running lots of weird depths decks which might appeal to all 20/20 enthusiasts out there, that is all in one playlist)
    Did you like the safekeeping? Safekeeping feels like something that'd be good vs opposing depths decks with crop/wasteland/karakas and stp, and I find BG is often lacking vs GWr and RG Lands.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

i like the Surge of salvation a lot at the moment. it protects from spot removal and wasteland/karakas.

i had 2 5-0's recently https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/5934610#paper
    Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

sideboard guide can be found on page 84

Thread Information