Page 126 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [DTB] Dark Depths

Quote Originally Posted by Namida View Post
    You're talking about the list with Rite of Consumption, right? Is there a reason to play Boseiju and Rite of Consumption other than Miracles? I know you're preparing for the GP in Kyoto. If you take a look at the deck database on Hareruya (minus the MTGO data), does Miracles seem like enough of the Japanese metagame for you to want to devote slots to it? It might be a bit of a deviation in terms of playing an optimal deck, but since it's a team event I'm just planning to depend on my teammates if I run into white decks since Death and Taxes is in a bad spot at the moment and Miracles doesn't seem to be a huge part of the meta. Honestly, I'm more afraid of running into Depths mirrors or Lands.
    Rites has vastly overperformed for me in a variety of other matchups, including DNT, Maverick, Elves, and Aluren. The ability to race should not be underestimated.

Are you attending the GP? Join us on the discord.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I was talking to a friend, after seeing Dark Confidant main in the list that Top 16'd the last SCG Open, could I replace my 2 Libraries for Bobs and be fine? My thinking is that since the CMC's a are so low that they could help but on the other hand, I love the fact that Sylvan Library gives me card selection. I've also been told to relegate them to the side, though.

Opinions?
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Did anyone saw this dark depth list from gp madrid ?

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-03-11

Creature (15)
    3 Sylvan Safekeeper
    4 Vampire Hexmage
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    Sorcery (10)
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Duress
    2 Sylvan Scrying
    Instant (7)
    3 Abrupt Decay
    4 Crop Rotation
    Artifact (3)
    3 Pithing Needle
    Land (25)
    2 Swamp
    2 Forest
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Dark Depths
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Bayou
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter

Sideboard (15)
    1 Karakas 1 Rite of Consumption 1 Dread of Night 1 Grafdigger's Cage 2 Bitterblossom 2 Surgical Extraction 1 Krosan Grip 2 Tarmogoyf 1 Maze of Ith 1 Marsh Casualties

Quote Originally Posted by Doneval View Post
    Any opinions on this weekend's 9th place deck from SCG Open: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/972116#paper?

I can kind of get behind the maindeck Dark Confidants, but... Rancor? Really?? Did he win any games with Vampire Hexmage beats with Rancor? That kind of blew my mind.

I'm the one who placed 9th with the rancor main. It was an absolute all-star all weekend. The rancor let's you apply pressure early with bobs or hexmage. Even a late game elvish spirit guide becomes a decent clock. Rancor let me crack over strix, delver, thopter tokens and bitterblossom.
    I liked the bobs over library so a beat down backup plan was more of a reality. I actially beat down zan syed in the final 2-0( game 1 with a hexnage+Rancor lol)to supposedly win and in but breaker math bumped me out and Jim Davis in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancor85 View Post
    I'm the one who placed 9th with the rancor main. It was an absolute all-star all weekend. The rancor let's you apply pressure early with bobs or hexmage. Even a late game elvish spirit guide becomes a decent clock. Rancor let me crack over strix, delver, thopter tokens and bitterblossom.
    I liked the bobs over library so a beat down backup plan was more of a reality. I actially beat down zan syed in the final 2-0( game 1 with a hexnage+Rancor lol)to supposedly win and in but breaker math bumped me out and Jim Davis in.
    were you able to pull out the marit lage token as much as you liked or were you on the beatdown plan often?

Congrats on the finish, but I still don't get the point of the DRS/bob build over straight RG lands as the fast mana is what makes the deck so powerful. Why not just play ancestral recall over bob and mox diamonds over DRS?

Solnox and I have an extremely streamlined build of the deck on discord atm with a combined 72-73% win rate over 400+ matches.

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Has anyone tried out Pernicious Deed in the board, some split with Abrupt Decay? How did you like it? Figured clearing out all Moons and Bridges in one shot could be decent, and you can probably sometimes land it vs Delver as well if you clear the way with discard first.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by jolssoni View Post
    Has anyone tried out Pernicious Deed in the board, some split with Abrupt Decay? How did you like it? Figured clearing out all Moons and Bridges in one shot could be decent, and you can probably sometimes land it vs Delver as well if you clear the way with discard first.
    I run one Deed over an Abrupt Decay and it’s been great in the matchups you want to wipe the board, like Dragon Stompy or Elves. I don’t board it against Delver though because it will take your Needles with it, giving them a chance to use Wasteland. It’s a judgment call against Death and Taxes, as Needle and Safekeeper are critical in stopping their disruption.

just bought bunch of ratchet bombs to try for clearing those and others...will report back on it after test.

_-----------

different subject, has anyone tried out diabolic edict in main or board? think could help SnS matchup and several others. The mana cost is really appealing to me.

Wow this deck is fun. Just ordered last cards for complete it after some proxy plays. Can't wait for some ass slam at locals.

Have some questions for the Marit Lage friends here.
    Since my pet deck is TES, content around this deck feels a bit lackluster. DNSolver match ups analisys are really helpful tho.
    On reddit I saw someone is making a sideboard guide, that would be great.
    DNSolver wrote a rant few pages back about Mindbreak Trap vs Spheres. I don't think Spheres are good enough vs Storm, expecially on the draw. ANT could still win throught it and TES can easily win before we drop it. Mindbreak is almost a guaranteed one turn slow effect because hands that win protected with Duress/Therapy on the same turn are rare (and they still win vs Spheres unless a turn 1 drop of it). Also TES, for example, always side in chain of vapor for Lage and, at least in g2 must side in some decays for sphere (obv if they see Trap instead of sphere they remove them in g3). They usually remove 2 Therapy for 2 Decays making Trap way better with only 4 discards in their deck. 1 of Thorn could still be good tho, just for the surprise effect.

I don't think im undestanding the utility of the 2 surgical I saw in most list.

Im gonna try that rite of consume plan, seems really weird but if it really add % points in some match ups I think the deck have enough sideboard space for them.

We have a sb guide on the lands discord

link to the discord is a few pages back

I like surgical vs all the white decks where you can take all their plows or use it as information to determine if you can go off or not.

has obvious uses vs storm, reanimator. also good vs Show and Tell where discard paired with surgical is devastating.

Rite has made my win rate vs DNT skyrocket. im currently 6-1 vs DNT on mtgo in the past 3 months with most wins attributed to rite.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    We have a sb guide on the lands discord

link to the discord is a few pages back

I like surgical vs all the white decks where you can take all their plows or use it as information to determine if you can go off or not.

has obvious uses vs storm, reanimator. also good vs Show and Tell where discard paired with surgical is devastating.

Rite has made my win rate vs DNT skyrocket. im currently 6-1 vs DNT on mtgo in the past 3 months with most wins attributed to rite.
    Nice, gonna check it.

Mmh, I'll try surgical vs white.DEC and see how it works.
    Versus ANT is good but versus TES is totally useless. Reanimator is less than 2% of the meta, not worth any dedicated slot and eventually Mindbreak Trap is enough. I don't think Surgical is that good vs S&T. Easily countered, doesnt win the game when resolves, what you side out for it?

I have tested and played it a lot in the early days (1-2 in the SB). It performs well if you reach sufficient mana early. This can be hard e.g. against D&T. But it also can be very awkward with some of our own permanents. It's nice to clear the air direct before the attack.

Ratchet bomb - I never liked it a lot. Needs time to tick up. That's not what you want imho.
    Last edited by perian; 03-20-2018 at 08:07 AM.

8-0ed day 1 of the GP, but my standard player let our team down goin 2-6. 5-3 overall.

Jun 2016
    Spain

I'm getting back into this deck after taking a long break from it. Last time I remember DNSolver was streaming it pretty regularly. Is there anyone streaming it these days? I'd love to check out some recent streams or videos.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Hello guys, I am returning to legacy and wanted to try this deck out. Won my first tournament 4-1-0 with the following list:

http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=27037&iddeck=214371

After looking through a ton of lists I decided to play this one since it looks more interactive and with more resources to combat other decks, of course you sacrifice the ability to combo faster but overall seems good. I have only seen Felix oswald run this list but with good results.

I was wondering if you have tried a similar list and hear what you think about it(if not, you should try it, its great how you have main deck answers to everything but are still able to combo on turn 3-4 many times).

Have you tried tabernacle as a sideboard card? Or are we already good against creature dekcs?

Quote Originally Posted by surface33 View Post
    I was wondering if you have tried a similar list and hear what you think about it
    I am playing a similar build for years now. Imho DRS replacing some/the fast mana is the main difference influencing the gameplay. I still have Esg in my list.

You still have the opportunity to combo (make the token) T2-3 with a good hand, but you loose a lot explosiveness compared to the 8- fastmana lists.

At the moment I have troubles with the high amount of stompy and chalice decks in my local meta. Especially with red dragon stompy (8-12 moons, bridge, chalice, spyglass etc). The maindeck decays are nice, but also speed is key in this MU.

I am not sure if trying to build up a solid manabase with basics is better than to go for the fast kill. But most of the time your starting hand is dictating the way anyhow.

Any advise to beat dragon stompy?

GSZ seems to be cute to play around chalice@1. A pity that hexmage isn't BG.

Surprisingly, in my 200 match data in the past 3 months, I have the worst win rate vs ANT at like 25% in 16 matches. Then again most of my notes read get T1'd

Im having no issues with DNT at 8-2 while the chalice decks have been really good. 10-2 vs all eldrazi stompy/post/taxes variants, 2-0 men of steel, 3-2 dragon stompy.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Funny, I have an over 70% win rate vs ANT vs a sub 40% win rate vs TES.

Recommend everyone join us on the discord as Solnox and I have created a very thorough sideboarding plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    Funny, I have an over 70% win rate vs ANT vs a sub 40% win rate vs TES.

Recommend everyone join us on the discord as Solnox and I have created a very thorough sideboarding plan.
    Can I get a link please?
    Memer @ The Salt Mine

https://www.facebook.com/TheSaltMinePodcast/ <----- Dank Legacy Memes Here
    https://thesaltminesite.com/ <----- Here for a great legacy podcast

Thread Information