Page 92 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Mar 2013
    Philippines

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Went 5-0 last Saturday in a side event in GP Manila.

Round 1 vs Sneak Attack 2-1
    Round 2 vs Elves 2-0
    Round 3 vs Aggro Loam 2-0
    Round 4 vs Moon Stompy 2-0
    Round 5 vs Infect 2-1

Decklist:

3 Verdant Catacomb
    4 Dark Depths
    3 Bayou
    4 Thespian Stage
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp

4 Lotus Petal

4 Pithing Needle
    3 Duress
    4 Thoughtseize

2 Expedition Map
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Sylvan Scrying

3 Sylvan Safekeeper
    4 Vampire Hexmage
    4 Dark Confidant

1 Sylvan Library

Sb:
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Toxic Deluge
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Rite of Consumption

Oct 2015
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by downtoonelife View Post
    Went 5-0 last Saturday in a side event in GP Manila.

Round 1 vs Sneak Attack 2-1
    Round 2 vs Elves 2-0
    Round 3 vs Aggro Loam 2-0
    Round 4 vs Moon Stompy 2-0
    Round 5 vs Infect 2-1

Decklist:

3 Verdant Catacomb
    4 Dark Depths
    3 Bayou
    4 Thespian Stage
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp

4 Lotus Petal

4 Pithing Needle
    3 Duress
    4 Thoughtseize

2 Expedition Map
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Sylvan Scrying

3 Sylvan Safekeeper
    4 Vampire Hexmage
    4 Dark Confidant

1 Sylvan Library

Sb:
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Toxic Deluge
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Rite of Consumption
    Congrats!
    This is an interesting list, I considered dark confidant briefly but never tested him. How was Safekeeper? Did it work in place of Not of this world? How was your Sneak match up?
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

Mar 2013
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    Congrats!
    This is an interesting list, I considered dark confidant briefly but never tested him. How was Safekeeper? Did it work in place of Not of this world? How was your Sneak match up?
    Thank you. Sylvan Safekeeper was merely a blocker during this tournament. There was no instance were my Avatar token got targeted. It help me during my Infect match up blocking Glistener Elf and wasting my opponents pump spell just so he can let his elf live. I used him before (back in page 84) and he was very helpful that's why I haven't remove him yet in my list. With my Sneak Show match up - Game 1 his cantrips didn't find any creature when he had Sneak Attack already in the battlefield until I had the Vampire Depths combo. During game 2 he had a turn 2 Show and Tell and drop Emrakul - I concede with only 2 permanents in play. Game 3 I top deck a Duress on my turn 2 and discard his Show and Tell which he could have played on his 2nd turn with an Emrakul in hand. I had the combo afterwards and won.

Oct 2015
    Virginia

I just sleeved up your list for some goldfishing and it feels really powerful, replacing spirit guides with confidant really fixes (or gives you a chance to fix) the all gas draws, also is more fodder for edicts. I believe confidant adds some consistency to this list. Can't wait to test it against real decks.
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

Tested out safekeeper last week and as much as the card seems like a bad choice it actually won me a match protecting ML. The thing I like about it over cards like steely resolve etc is that it only costs one mana, its edict bait, it protects itself and both marit lage and hexmage, also I feel you can drop it early game and your opponents are pressured into dealing with it or late game as added protection. The match I won my opponent tried to swords ML twice and flickerwisp once all in one turn -- I sacked 3 lands and then killed him.

Has anyone tested tajuru preserver for edict spells/abilities? I was also thinking there have been times against sneak/show where i made a token and then my opponent just attacked with annihilator and then had to sac everything and lose...

Also has anyone tested against the new miracles builds? I feel like there's just enough time before GP Vegas that ppl are gonna test out and be on it for Vegas just wondering any thoughts on the matchup / sideboarding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 2017
    Ohio

I e played against the new Miracles build a good bit. It isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. I always made sure to have my fetch available in case I ever got stuck under a Jace Fateseal. Not of this world is still great in the matchup.
    Currently Running:

Legacy - AnT
    Modern - Rock

I played against the new Miracles deck in the Legacy Challenge on May 28th. It's on my Youtube channel. Be aware that the video starts out very slow because my opponent is double-queued - jump about ten minutes ahead.

The tl;dr of the matchup is G1 is still sad times, hard to win because they have so many answers. Needle can only go on Jace, their maybe 1-of Karakas, and fetchlands, so I ended up boarding one out instead of going to 4 in the deck. I forget how I boarded and I'm starting work now, so I can't go back and watch it for awhile. But G2 and G3 were decided pretty much immediately by Sylvan Library resolving on turn 2.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Nov 2014
    Geneva

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    I played against the new Miracles deck in the Legacy Challenge on May 28th. It's on my Youtube channel. Be aware that the video starts out very slow because my opponent is double-queued - jump about ten minutes ahead.
    The tl;dr of the matchup is G1 is still sad times, hard to win because they have so many answers. Needle can only go on Jace, their maybe 1-of Karakas, and fetchlands, so I ended up boarding one out instead of going to 4 in the deck. I forget how I boarded and I'm starting work now, so I can't go back and watch it for awhile. But G2 and G3 were decided pretty much immediately by Sylvan Library resolving on turn 2.
    Speaking of Sylvan Library, in which other match-ups are you siding those in? Because it seems to me that the "control" decks (Shardless and Unexpected Miracle) are really less present now. So my question is: are thoses 3 slots for Library still worth it in the more control-low meta we seems to have at the moment?

And also, would you guys who are running 1 Sylvan MD not think that that one-of could be replaced by other cards, like, for example, an Abrupt Decay?

May 2017
    Ohio

I bring in Library against BUG also. Between the wastelands and hymns. You really need the extra juice to get going again after they smack you.
    Currently Running:

Legacy - AnT
    Modern - Rock

@Darkgobs, but Re: Sylvan Library for everyone

Sylvan Library comes in against Blood Moon decks to dig while under the lock.

Sylvan Library comes in against Storm and Sneak and Show, to find additional discard while threatening your own combo.

Sylvan Library is excellent against Stoneblade and Death and Taxes.

Sylvan Library is excellent against the new Miracles deck, which is climbing the ranks of popularity once again.

Sylvan Library is fine against the Hymn BUG decks (Shardless, True-Name, and Delver) because it's a great topdeck, and they're trying to put you into topdeck mode.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

-2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)

Nov 2014
    Geneva

@Darkgobs, but Re: Sylvan Library for everyone

Sylvan Library comes in against Blood Moon decks to dig while under the lock.

Sylvan Library comes in against Storm and Sneak and Show, to find additional discard while threatening your own combo.

Sylvan Library is excellent against Stoneblade and Death and Taxes.

Sylvan Library is excellent against the new Miracles deck, which is climbing the ranks of popularity once again.

Sylvan Library is fine against the Hymn BUG decks (Shardless, True-Name, and Delver) because it's a great topdeck, and they're trying to put you into topdeck mode.
    Well, that was quick, clear and complete. Thanks!

I've played many variations of Dark Depths over the years, it's one of my favorite cards. I'm trying to decide between Depths and Sneak/Show for GP Vegas. One of the big things, I feel my list has a much better Grixis matchup, than S&S does. Our combo doesn't get discarded, or countered, and I like that a lot with Grixis being, what I believe to be, the most played deck in the room. Anyways, I'm still looking for sideboard cards, here's the list. It's a little more midrangey, and has a plan B of DRS/Tracker Beatdowns, but can still just jam Marit Lage and win.

Depths w/ Tracker
    Main Deck (60)
    Lands (28)
    4 Dark Depths
    1 Swamp
    3 Bayou
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    1 Forest
    1 Maze of Ith
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Wasteland
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Creatures (12)
    4 Tireless Tracker
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Vampire Hexmage

Spells (20)
    2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    1 Toxic Deluge
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    3 Duress

Sideboard (13)
    SB: 1 Karakas
    SB: 1 Maze of Ith
    SB: 1 Sylvan Library
    SB: 3 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Golgari Charm
    SB: 1 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Maelstrom Pulse
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 2 ????

I've thought about a Life from the Loam in the board, for a wasteland lock against certain decks, but those deck are usually playing DRS and can just eat our targets, so maybe not. Still fleshing out the board, I see a lot of lists run Chalice, but I sadly don't own any anymore. And my deck has no way to turn one a chalice, which I think is important out of the board.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the sideboard are much appreciated.

Between all the sideboard discussion and Legacy falling to the wayside for me, I desperately need help updating my list. I'm not going to lie, I have no real idea what I should be doing anymore.
    // GB Turbo Depths

// 60 Maindeck
    // 10 Artifact
    2 Expedition Map
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Pithing Needle

// 8 Creature
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Vampire Hexmage

// 7 Instant
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Not of This World

// 23 Land
    1 Bayou
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Dark Depths
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Blooming Marsh
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp

// 12 Sorcery
    2 Duress
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    4 Thoughtseize

// 15 Sideboard
    // 2 Enchantment
    SB: 2 Sylvan Library

// 5 Instant
    SB: 3 Abrupt Decay

// 3 Land
    SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    SB: 1 Mishra's Factory

// 5 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 3 Rite of Consumption

Thank you for your help!

Oct 2015
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    Between all the sideboard discussion and Legacy falling to the wayside for me, I desperately need help updating my list. I'm not going to lie, I have no real idea what I should be doing anymore.
    // GB Turbo Depths

// 60 Maindeck
    // 10 Artifact
    2 Expedition Map
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Pithing Needle

// 8 Creature
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Vampire Hexmage

// 7 Instant
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Not of This World

// 23 Land
    1 Bayou
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Dark Depths
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Blooming Marsh
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp

// 12 Sorcery
    2 Duress
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    4 Thoughtseize

// 15 Sideboard
    // 2 Enchantment
    SB: 2 Sylvan Library

// 5 Instant
    SB: 3 Abrupt Decay

// 3 Land
    SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    SB: 1 Mishra's Factory

// 5 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 3 Rite of Consumption

Thank you for your help!

What is your meta like? Full of combo or control or both? neither?

I played pretty much your list with a different sideboard, and I played 4 blooming marsh main deck because I didn't want to pick up bayou mainly, and the deck doesn't NEED it necessarily. But my maindeck now looks like

4x Vampire Hexmage
    4x Dark Depths
    4x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4x Thespian Stage
    4x Crop Rotation

4x Sylvan Scrying
    4x Dark Confidant
    1x Sylvan Library
    3x Sylvan Safekeeper
    4x Lotus Petal
    4x Thoughtseize

3x Duress
    4x Pithing Needle
    3x Blooming Marsh
    1x Forest
    1x Swamp
    1x Overgrown Tomb (because I specifically play black border cards)
    2x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Maze of Ith
    1x Seijiri Steppe
    2x Abrupt Decay
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD

Besides storm, what decks do you play sphere against? When ever I play the card I feel like I regret it. I am wondering whether it is just better to play lost legacy.

What are you looking to name with Lost Legacy against:

a) Storm - Tutor? They draw a card for every one in their hand, which can find them a natural Ad Naus. Besides, they have Petition too. This matchup is the reason I'm wanting Sphere anyway, so the fact that Lost Legacy isn't great here (and that it can't be played turn 1 very easily) really hurts it for me.
    b) Sneak and Show - Postboard, there are 2 creatures, 2 enablers, and Blood Moon. I don't think we need help in this matchup though, and I didn't bring in Sphere before.
    c) other decks - Swords to Plowshares vs new Miracles or Stoneblade might be fine?

Something I have noticed is that Sphere of Resistance should probably be Thorn of Amethyst because I have been unable to cast Hexmage on two lands vs Storm before... We don't bring it in vs Elves so making creatures cost more is meh. I guess Tinder Wall out of Belcher or something? But that's not really where you want to consider upsides.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

What are you looking to name with Lost Legacy against:

a) Storm - Tutor? They draw a card for every one in their hand, which can find them a natural Ad Naus. Besides, they have Petition too. This matchup is the reason I'm wanting Sphere anyway, so the fact that Lost Legacy isn't great here (and that it can't be played turn 1 very easily) really hurts it for me.
    Not that I'm a fan of Lost Legacy at all, but the name against ANT has to be Tendrils right? Depths can often race Empty if they have it in at all. Most players I've hit with surgical haven't had Empty in the deck post board anyway.

[Deck] Dark Depths

I am just never happy with the card and it feels like one of those cards you have to dedicate 3-4 sideboard slots for. Thorn may be better, but not in love with a tax that slows down a fast combo. I am not sure what would be better. Almost debating leylines.

I had to take a break for a while because of work, looking to get back into things again. Sadly can't make the legacy part of GP Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    Not that I'm a fan of Lost Legacy at all, but the name against ANT has to be Tendrils right? Depths can often race Empty if they have it in at all. Most players I've hit with surgical haven't had Empty in the deck post board anyway.
    I would name Tendrils there. When playing LL in Nic Fit, I try to name the payoff, not the enablers. I.e. Craterhoof, Tendrils, etc.

Tested Sylvan Safekeeper today in place of Not of This World (in the maindeck) and it felt fine. Archive is on my twitch. I tried it mostly because of the rise of Diabolic Edict and the uselessness of Not of This World when you either a) don't have a 20/20 or b) are playing against any deck without Swords or Karakas. I think Safekeeper is just better against Death and Taxes when you have time to play out your lands, and if you make every land drop you should be able to go off into 3-4 targeted effects even after losing 2 lands to the combo. Revoker does hit it, but I am bringing in Decays so...

Someone in chat suggested something pretty funny - a sideboard full of pro-white creatures. Considering this as a remote possibility, here's what the board might look like:

4 Sphere, 2 Surgical - can't leave home without these, I think...
    4 Decay - too good not to play
    1 Karakas - fit this into the maindeck over something to make room?

Leaves only 4-5 slots as long as you play Decay and combo hate. If you instead assume the combo matchups are good enough, let's say you can make room for 8 slots. 8 pro-white creatures would be annoying for Miracles and Death and Taxes. Here are the best ones, in order:

Stromgald Crusader
    Black Knight
    Knight of Infamy
    Stillmoon Cavalier (3 mana puts it a bit lower on the list, because of Counterspell)
    Order of the Ebon Hand / Knight of Stromgald (same card)

I don't think these are really playable because you won't be able to hit BB on turn 2 half the time, especially after cutting the fast mana vs D+T and Miracles.

Just an interesting idea, not one I'm likely to pursue though, because I think I need the combo hate.

Thread Information