Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HALP: Borrowing Cards at SCG Seattle Invitational

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

HALP: Borrowing Cards at SCG Seattle Invitational

Greetings fellow Sourcers,

Recently, due to some unexpected circumstances involving a dog and a vet and surgery and an outrageous bill, I was forced to sell off the entirety of my Legacy collection. Which technically was just the only Legacy deck I still owned, but that's gone. So I gots me roughly anywhere between 1-7 (approximate estimate) of Legacy playables at the moment. Problem is that I am flying to Seattle tomorrow to play in this weekend's SCG Invitational. Rather than cancel the trip and reap back the money from flight/hotel/expenses, I'd prefer to be the irresponsible adult I was born to be and stick with it and make use of the last qualification of the year.

I am trying to frantically scrap together the ability to actually have a full deck to play in the Legacy portion of the event, and one of my friends has 90% of Death and Taxes built. This is where I need some help. If anyone who is attending Seattle or lives in the area can either help me finish putting the deck together, or actually have another (at least semi-viable, but really I'll take anything) deck together that I could play that would be insanely appreciated.

For the remaining stuff I need from Death and Taxes between the main and sideboard:

4 Stoneforge Mystic (pending - may have a lead on this already)
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Mangara of Corondor
    1 Council's Judgment
    2-3 Containment Priest
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    2 Grafdigger's Cage

And again if there's anyone with an actual viable deck I could otherwise borrow if I can't put this together, that works too. I can pilot literally anything.

As far as compensation goes, anyone who I borrow stuff from will receive an unlimited supply of hugs and high fives and thank yous. I'll also give a portion of any winnings I make to that person as well (but if I scrub...tough luck). If someone lends me an entire deck and I top8, I'll give you my original print run MTGTheSource playmat. No joke. It has my name on it in sharpie, but it's still the real deal. I almost hope I don't top8 if that happens.

And if anyone needs reassurance about me not stealing their cards, at least they can rest given that I am 1. A respectable overlord of yours, 2. Not some random, I'm somewhat reputable and people can point me out/find me, 3. I have like 180 MOTL refs? and good ebay feedback? and 4. I'm not an asshole.

So if anyone can help it would be immensely appreciated. Just post here or PM me, and we can work out details. From there we can swap phone numbers or something and meet on site. I know it's last minute, but I really don't want to have to limp into this event if possible.

And thanks to everyone in advance if you can help me out!

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Re: HALP: Borrowing Cards at SCG Seattle Invitational

If anybody from Vancouver is going there and doesn't have the cards, I have a Jitte.

If I was going down Friday I could help you out, but I'll be occupied for Friday unfortunately and can't make it down until at least Saturday or sunday
    Using Tapatalk

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

I'll put the word out on some of the Seattle Legacy FB groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

I can't get you those cards in time but I tweeted from the podcast account for signal boost. Also messaged Matt since he's likely too busy studying for finals to get to read the source this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Di, I'm fairly sure I have all those cards and won't be using them. I'll double-check momentarily. I can get them to you through Danyul, who is qualified for the Invitational.

Update: I don't have the Jitte or the Mangara, but I set everything else aside to loan to you.
    Last edited by ESG; 12-10-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Had you let people, specifically me, know a week ago, you'd be set. I'm pretty sure you'll still be set, though. However, the pimp factor won't be there :/

-Matt

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

I think I can get you everything other than the Containment Priest if ESG hasn't gotten to it yet. I think I can also build High Tide for you (with up to 3 Candelabras) if that's your preference instead.

Only risk is I'm a bit notorious for sleeping in. Planning to go to the Invitational and haven't missed an SCG yet, but let me know if you're interested!

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

^^

If borrows are required from this schlub, I'll be sure to wake his ass up on time. I also have no problem being a borrow mule.

It's nice to feel wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Thanks a bunch everyone! I know it's last minute, but this has been a last minute issue sadly. I appreciate the support.

Given the environment I'd prefer something other than High Tide; not fun facing Cruise.dec every round.

If I miss Containment Priest it isn the end of the world, the deck functioned well before it and can find replacements. I am just hoping for something viable. Pimps not needed, I'll take any versions.

Also fortunately the tournament doesn't do Legacy until round 5 on day one, so I'll have time to put it together before then given deck lists for it aren't needed until then as well.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    4 Stoneforge Mystic (pending - may have a lead on this already)
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Mangara of Corondor
    1 Council's Judgment
    2-3 Containment Priest
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    2 Grafdigger's Cage

And again if there's anyone with an actual viable deck I could otherwise borrow if I can't put this together, that works too. I can pilot literally anything.
    I was the one Feline talked to about the Stoneforges. I have everything else there as well.

Alternately, if there's a deck you would prefer to play instead, message me and I'll let you know if I have everything for it (I have 40/40 Duals, 40/40 Fetches (though a friend has my Heaths currently) and most staples). I'm only going to be playing in the side events and the IQ, so I would rather you have the option of playing an optimal deck for the Invitational.

I'll be there all 3 days and will be there around the time the doors open on Friday.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Anyone who I borrow stuff from will receive an unlimited supply of high fives.
    I wish I could loan you stuff just to make you regret this promise.

Good luck!

I can offer my dredge deck if wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Klazam View Post
    I can offer my dredge deck if wanted
    No, he said he wanted a magic deck. Dredge is not "real" magic.

#hatersgonnahate

most fun deck in the format

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

I have all of that too. I'll double check with Danyul and ESG to see what they're missing. Any interest in playing The Cure? I have playsets of Russian Kavu Predators and signed Russian Dark Confidants itching to be played.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Just an update but between Wipporwill and ESG/Danyul I should be all set. Huge thanks to everyone who was offering to help!

And I'm still willing to give unlimited high fives, I'm fucking excellent at them.

glad to hear that!

OMG grats. top8-ing with a borrowed deck. thats incredible+awesome

Oh, just a 7-1 and not a T8

STILL awesome

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Want to give a huge thank you to everyone who helped me out here, you guys are great. And seriously, feel free to PM me your PayPal address, I'm happy to spread some love there.

It was the first time I ever played Death and Taxes and I loved it, and the first time I played a creature/non-combo deck in a Legacy event in over three years. Awkward shit. But the deck ran very well and I played it tight (barring two obnoxiously uncharacteristic punts in my round 16 match vs. Tom Ross where I tried to gift him the match g2 and g3). The matchups were insane, I slaughtered Volcanic Islands the entire time. Most games weren't even close. Only loss was to the Countertop Stoneblade guy who made top8, and the loss came to his last turn desperation Ponder shuffle into Swords to Plowshares, his only out in the deck. That kept me out of top8.

Standard was another story as that was an ever-changing barrage of land screw and drawing 19 lands. But I can't complain from the result having lost the first round on both days.

Thread Information